Windows 10: Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key

Discus and support Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I have a windows 10 home device but I would like to be able to use a pro version of Windows 10, I have a copy of windows 7 pro and I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maxpaulson, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key

Hi all,

I have a windows 10 home device but I would like to be able to use a pro version of Windows 10, I have a copy of windows 7 pro and I was wondering if the key can be used in the store to upgrade the version of windows to win10 pro. I have entered the key and it said that my windows could be upgraded, I just want to make sure there won't be any consequences to doing this such as the installation of windows 7.

Thanks.

:)

Maxpaulson, Dec 21, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

A Windows key for just 12 Euros? That's pirate then.

qubit, Dec 21, 2018
  3. Clean Windows 10 (?PRO?) install

I have bought a legit "Windows 10 Pro" key of a key website. It is legit since i'm currently using it for over a year now. I currently have Windows 10 Pro installed on my PC and I want to do a clean install. I just can't find the windows 10 Pro download in the tool. But if i could use a windows 10 pro key with a normal windows 10 install, I'll be good to go.

JeroenBeunckens, Dec 21, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key

Still possible to upgrade to Windows 10

I confirm.
    Did several clean installs on laptops at work not too long ago. All had a regular consumer win7 Pro key (non-CSM). Never-ever used for upgrading or previous clean installations of Windows 10.
    Installed W10 Pro 1709. Every single key was accepted activated right away.

I think the only thing that's not available now is a Windows 10 Upgrade assistant (or whatever it's called).

silentbogo, Dec 21, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key

1. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro using old windows 7 pro oem key - Similar Threads - Home Upgrade Pro

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working: My plan was to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key, I read a lot of articles and videos and they all seemed to make the upgrade possible, but for me I have a valid Windows 10 Home key and i'm trying to use a Windows 7 Pro key to upgrade it to Windows 10...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working: My plan was to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a Windows 7 Pro key, I read a lot of articles and videos and they all seemed to make the upgrade possible, but for me I have a valid Windows 10 Home key and i'm trying to use a Windows 7 Pro key to upgrade it to Windows 10...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade using Windows 7 Pro key not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with an old Windows 7 Ultimate key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading Windows 10 Home to PRO with an old Windows 7 Ultimate key: Greetings I hope someone will be able to help me understand what I have to do to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to PRO. Here is some background: I have an old laptop with Windows 10 PRO on it. It came with Windows 10 Home OEM but I've used my old Windows 7 Ultimate retail key to...
  6. Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 upgrade using OEM Key to Pro: Hi All I have a computer bought from a distributor running Win 10 Home and I want to know if it's possible for me to purchase Windows 10 Pro OEM and upgrade the Home to Pro without reinstalling it? thanks....
  7. Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade

Windows 7 Pro OEM- Windows 10 Pro Upgrade: I would like to repurpose some old Win7 Pro OEM licensed desktops by performing an Upgrade to Windows 10 using the Microsoft Media creation tool. After performing the upgrade they will be joined to an AD domain. Now from license compliance perceptive do I need any other...
  8. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro using OEM Product Key: We purchased a new computer which included an OEM Product Key for Windows 10 Pro. Rather than install Windows and then copy all the data and apps from our old computer which had Windows 10 Home, we cloned the old hard-drive to the new PC. This means the new computer is...
  9. Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro with a Windows 7 key?: Hi, I have some questions about Windows 10 activation. About a year ago I got a new laptop with 1TB HDD and 128GB SSD with Win10 Home. I removed the SSD and replaced the HDD with a 2TB that I'm using for dual booting. I reinstalled Win10 to an empty 1TB partition from a...
  10. Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Using Windows 7 Pro Key

Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro - Using Windows 7 Pro Key: I bought this new Dell laptop that came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. I have an old Windows 7 pro key(currently not used on any other machine) that I would like to use to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I get following error message: The last product key (ID: some number...