Windows 10: Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 using non profit volume licensing

Discus and support Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 using non profit volume licensing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; We have acquired a few new laptops using Windows 10 Home. we would like to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro using our Volume licensing key However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Johan Bager, Jul 5, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 using non profit volume licensing

We have acquired a few new laptops using Windows 10 Home. we would like to upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro using our Volume licensing key

However, the Settings/Activation page does not accept the activation key

The product ID of a laptop does not have the suggested product key format suggested

:)

Johan Bager, Jul 5, 2020
  2. krimetal Win User

Windows 10 upgrade license

Hello guys,

I have 1 license of WIndows 8.1 FPP/retail license. I want to upgrade to WIndows 10, but I one thing is unclear to me.
    If I upgrade, will WIndows 10 license be retail or it will "turn" into some sort of OEM license?

I ask this because I upgrade my PC, you know, more memory, replace HDD, and I intend to upgrade the MB and CPU to Kaby Lake platform sometime in the future, (and of course sell the replaced hardware)
    This thing is not clearly mentioned anywhere.

Thank you.

krimetal, Jul 5, 2020
  3. krimetal Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade license

The interesting question is that: the upgrade takes place before 29 of July. If I upgrade the PC (change the MB), and I transfer the Win 8.1 license to this new PC (cause 8.1 is retail FPP), will I be able to upgrade to Windows 10 for free? Or a upgrade license must be bought?

krimetal, Jul 5, 2020
  4. SKC-PSI Win User

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 using non profit volume licensing

Windows 10 license for non-profit

I know how to get the update software. I need to know the cost for a license to upgrade from Windows 8.1 to 10 for a non-profit. I can't find that information.

SKC-PSI, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 using non profit volume licensing

1. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Windows 10 using non profit volume licensing - Similar Threads - Home upgrade using

2. Is there non profit pricing for upgrading MS Win11 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there non profit pricing for upgrading MS Win11 Home to Pro?: I have a customer who is non profit. We need to upgrade their laptop from Win11 Home to Pro. Is there non profit pricing for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-non-profit-pricing-for-upgrading-ms-win11/cb00986a-1bca-4ef6-85d7-53f619c04bc6
  3. Is there non profit pricing for upgrading MS Win11 Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there non profit pricing for upgrading MS Win11 Home to Pro?: I have a customer who is non profit. We need to upgrade their laptop from Win11 Home to Pro. Is there non profit pricing for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-non-profit-pricing-for-upgrading-ms-win11/cb00986a-1bca-4ef6-85d7-53f619c04bc6
  4. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License: I have a MS Surface 8 Pro currently running Windows 11 Home. Our service provider purchased a Windows 11 Pro volume license for this computer, but I have not been able to get it to work. I know the license key is valid and still has sufficient licenses for activation. The...
  5. Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License

Upgrade Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Pro Using Volume License: I have a MS Surface 8 Pro currently running Windows 11 Home. Our service provider purchased a Windows 11 Pro volume license for this computer, but I have not been able to get it to work. I know the license key is valid and still has sufficient licenses for activation. The...
  6. Upgrading our non-profit comfort care home from windows 7 to 10/11 on a budget?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading our non-profit comfort care home from windows 7 to 10/11 on a budget?: I volunteer at a comfort care home, a non profit, that provides individual compassionate care to the terminally ill. The computers we use here run on windows 7 and we are looking to upgrade to 10/11 on as limited a budget as possible. What is the best way to do that?...
  7. Upgrading our non-profit comfort care home from windows 7 to 10/11 on a budget?

Upgrading our non-profit comfort care home from windows 7 to 10/11 on a budget?: I volunteer at a comfort care home, a non profit, that provides individual compassionate care to the terminally ill. The computers we use here run on windows 7 and we are looking to upgrade to 10/11 on as limited a budget as possible. What is the best way to do that?...
  8. Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows Home to Windows Pro business using a volume license nonprofit: I work for a nonprofit organization. We have a volume license for Windows 10 Pro. We just bought a new computer for an employee that came with Windows Home on it. How can I upgrade to Pro using our volume license?...
  9. Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10)

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Volume PRO license to HOME license ? (WINDOWS 10): Hi, my son's laptop (purchased outright from a large chain electronics store in another country) has just started popping up with a "Your Windows licence will expire soon" message. It turns out that it has a volume licence and we would be coming to the end of our 180 days. I...
  10. Some question about Microsoft Volume Licensing for non-profit organization

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Some question about Microsoft Volume Licensing for non-profit organization: My church has applied for the Microsoft Volume Licensing for the non-profit organization from TechSoup. There are some questions about that. 1. We have applied for 20 sets. But we have activated 22 computers. Is it okay? How to cancel it? 2. The system of Volume Licensing...