Windows 10: Windows 10 Home - User directory set to Read Only

Discus and support Windows 10 Home - User directory set to Read Only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This is a recent Win10 problem that is causing a lot of inconvenience! It would appear that a Windows Update has been applied which has led to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Greybeard1058, Jun 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home - User directory set to Read Only

This is a recent Win10 problem that is causing a lot of inconvenience!

It would appear that a Windows Update has been applied which has led to the issue.

Open Office no longer is able to save work (*.ODT) to the file directory originating at the C:\Windows\Users path.

Spurious error from OE saying file does not exist.

Then three pop-up dialogue style system errors reporting a general input / output error.

I've been through all the tweaks to change attributes and inheritance. System security and privileges etc...

Even though the system appears to process the changes, the attributes on the folders still show as RO.

Tried command line attrib with switches but no joy either.

If it is a WinUpdate causing this I need the specifics on how to back it out and avoid similar things in the future.

(Thank goodness my main computing platform is Apple)

Absolutely disgusting quality from Microsoft.

:)

Greybeard1058, Jun 14, 2019

2. Setting up a Logon Script through Active Directory Users and Computers in Windows Server 2016 r2

Hi All,

I have Server 2012 r2 and some 100 users are connected to my domain, I need to push a login script through Active Directory Users and Computers in Windows Server 2016 r2 to all the user's machine (Windows7 & Windows 10). Please suggest me steps to do this.

praveenr_915, Jun 14, 2019
  3. simrick Win User
    read only in windows 10 directories. main hd and external

Please verify the steps:

Windows 10 Home - User directory set to Read Only [​IMG]

simrick, Jun 14, 2019
  4. Windows 10 Home - User directory set to Read Only

Directory Size Utility

Change Log v1.6

• Resoved an issue where selecting "Detail" from the "View" drop down would cause duplicates.
    • New "Peek" feature!
      • Selecting something in the Directory column in the Directory view (Left window) while holding "z" will peek into that directory!
      • Double clicking the Directory column in the directory view(Left window) while holding "z" will add the folder.
    • New color coded feature in both Size columns for Detailed view.
    • Exporting to Excel will now Export both Folder (left) and File (right) window. In the excel file the Folder, and File window will be on different sheets.
    • Add a feature to export to older excel 97-2003 (.xls) from the file/export drop down window.
    Download HERE!

Don't forget to enter to win this game bundle! here Drawing is this Friday!

Mindweaver, Jun 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home - User directory set to Read Only

1. Windows 10 Home - User directory set to Read Only - Similar Threads - Home User directory

2. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to reconnect user home directory to user account: I had to do a full install of Windows 10 Home on my desktop after Windows 11 issues. I had to restore my /home/users/{home directory}.My home directory was not linked or mapped to my Microsoft logon during the OS install. The home directory is there under "users" folder.is...
  3. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to reconnect user home directory to user account: I had to do a full install of Windows 10 Home on my desktop after Windows 11 issues. I had to restore my /home/users/{home directory}.My home directory was not linked or mapped to my Microsoft logon during the OS install. The home directory is there under "users" folder.is...
  4. how to reconnect user home directory to user account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. All directories are Read Only. Help requested.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    All directories are Read Only. Help requested.: Just a week ago I purchased a new desktop with Win 10 and after an automatic update ALL of my directories are now Read Only. Because I work from home and this is a new PC I'm unable to install some of my programs due to this.... pain to say the least. I have been online for...
  6. Wrong user ID for home directory

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Wrong user ID for home directory: New Win10 computer. Install went fine but then checked my home directory. It should have been \Users\wxgeek instead it was \Users\wxgee. **** !!! Looks like it took only the first five letters of my email user name. After finding mentions of this problem is previous...
  7. Everything set to Read-Only

Everything set to Read-Only: This is a problem I've been struggling with for a few months actually, but only now did it click for me. Turns out my system just. set every file to read-only, and no matter how much I fought through the administrative accounts and whatnot it just didn't work. I am the sole...
  8. Temp directory switches to read only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Temp directory switches to read only: Hey all So I've had this problem on and off for the last three months; every so often, my temp directory will switch to Read Only and I'm unable to change the attributes of the files inside it. I have admin permissions on the laptop as the sole user, but when I try to make...
  9. Windows 10 user files read only

Windows 10 user files read only: So I've googled and tried the different permissons, the attrib -r, nothing is working. do I really have to wipe out my local user files to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-user-files-read-only/36306ab9-edd6-49d4-8217-ace15d5bdf96"
  10. all folders are read only help Windows 10 Home

all folders are read only help Windows 10 Home: I am not sure what happened but all folders and files are read-only. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-folders-are-read-only-help-windows-10-home/f336b95d-6b84-4c60-9c68-a1dcb48505bc"