Windows 10: Windows 10 Home user, need switch the display language from local to English

Discus and support Windows 10 Home user, need switch the display language from local to English in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, Windows 10 Home, need change display language? I am a Win 10 Home user. Currently, my computer display language is Chinese, while, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Warship99, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Warship99 Win User

Windows 10 Home user, need switch the display language from local to English

Hello,

Windows 10 Home, need change display language?

I am a Win 10 Home user. Currently, my computer display language is Chinese, while, I enrolled in an English university, need change to display language from Chinese to English. Could anyone let me know how to switch my display language with Windows 10 Home?

If a Win 10 pro purchase is required, is there any discount offered for a win 10 Home user?

:)

Warship99, Oct 8, 2018
  2. RFC3514 Win User

Tooltips displayed in the wrong language

Although my version of Windows is set to English and the GPU-Z "Tooltip Language" appears as "System Default (English (United Kingdom))", the tooltips are appearing in the language corresponding to my system locale (or possibly keyboard layout), not the actual system language. I frequently change the keyboard layout and date format (to match the clients I'm working for and the language I'm writing in), but the system language never changes (and software is supposed to run in that language).

I can manually select "English (United States)", but this basically makes it impossible for me to select the "correct" language (i.e., UK English), because it doesn't appear in the list (other than as "system default" - but is then ignored). Obviously it makes no difference to me if it's in UK or US English, but people with other language combinations might have a problem.

It seems the routine that populates the language list in the options is (correctly) determining the system language, but the routine that actually generates the tooltips is (incorrectly) reading the system locale instead of language.

RFC3514, Oct 8, 2018
  3. RejZoR Win User
    Microsoft no english language windows for you!

What I hate more with latest Windows is the stupid localization of apps and features based on your location. Basically, if you want Windows in English and you have currency, date, time and all that crap set for your country (outside UK and US) you'll have half the OS in English and other half (tiles, integrated apps etc) in bloody native language. And this is really pissing me off because it looks horrendously ugly.

I only had language selection issues with Windows 8.1 tablet purchased from Germany. It came pre-configured with German language and due to bug in Windows, I was unable to install English no matter what. I had to hack it using manually downloaded language pack and import it using cmd. It later got fixed by an update, but it was still annoying considering my understanding of German is quite rusty...

Personally, I never bothered getting Windows official way. I always checked torrent sites for "untouched" versions of Windows. Meaning it's an ISO image from 3rd party source that hasn't been pre-cracked or pre-patched in any way. You can also check the hash of downloaded image to be sure (usually found on MSDN pages). I suggest you do it this way. Just grab Win7 64bit Ultimate English from some torrent site and check the hash to be sure it's really unmodified and clean.

RejZoR, Oct 8, 2018
  4. mandewho Win User

Updated Twitter app changed language. Unable to return to English

I used the previous version of the twitter app on windows 10 without problems. My preferred language was English and so was the interface. After updating to the new version of the app, the app now has an interface in Hebrew and displays from right to left. I've done all I could think of to change it back to English and left-to-right direction but nothing works.

• The language selected in the app Settings is English.
    • The Windows 10 display language is English
    • I uninstalled and reinstalled several times, both through Apps and Features and PowerShell. The newly installed app immediately logs into my twitter account. Since I completely removed the app from the pc, where does the app take that login info from? Are there settings files hidden somewhere that control the way the app behaves and even override the in-app language settings?
    • I even searched the registry for my login info but didn't find anything meaningful.
    • I also tried changing locale in windows itself. It too didn't work.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

mandewho, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home user, need switch the display language from local to English - Similar Threads - Home user need

2. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  3. Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove extra language English UK from the "Windows display language".: Hi,My language setting looks as following:why I have the English UK, in the "Windows display language" list while it's not one of the language packs below?And how can I remove it?Thanks!...
  4. British english as display language but hidden from the language menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    British english as display language but hidden from the language menu: Hi I recently downloaded windows 10 for my pc and I'm still trying to get through some settings and change them depending on what I like. One of them which I can't seem to find the answer online is if I can have my display language set to (i.e. british english) but "hiding...
  5. change the language in windows 10 home single language from Arabic to English.

in Windows 10 Customization
    change the language in windows 10 home single language from Arabic to English.: I bought a new laptop with windows 10 home single language Arabic. I repeatedly tried to change the display language to English, and I was not able to. Is there a way to change the display language in such releases? Thanks in advance...
  6. How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?

How to change Windows 10 display language from Chinese to English?: HW: Lenovo thinkpad T470 SW: x64 Win 10 1903 I had been used English as the display language for years. But it change to Chinese since the system updated itself to 1903 several days ago. I tried changing it back to English but it says "Only one display language is...
  7. Can't change the display language from Chinese to English

Can't change the display language from Chinese to English: Hi savvy tech guys and girls, I just bought a brand new HP OMEN 17 in China and no surprise everything is in Chinese. But no matter what I do, I can't seem to change the display language to English. What I have done: 1. I have downloaded an English language pack. 2. I...
  8. Windows Display Language Changed from English(India) to English(United States)

Windows Display Language Changed from English(India) to English(United States): Hey I have a OEM Windows 10 Home Single Language and my Windows Display Language has been changed after May Update 1903 . from English(India) to English(United States) [ATTACH]I have upgraded my pc from October Update(1809) to May Update (1903) using Windows Update...
  9. Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english

Switching my keyboard language from UK english to US english: I have been attempting to change my keyboard language for some time now I have already tried the obvious things such as going into settings and changing all of my settings to English and even syncing my Microsoft account settings. However, the problem still persists. What...
  10. Recovering display language English

Recovering display language English: Hi I am aware that this is a topic on different threads. My laptop has windows 10 home build 1803 with English (US) as the default display language. Today I added French as the display language using the instructions on settings. It worked (though gave me grief as the...