Windows 10: Windows 10 Home (Version: 1083) **Windows won't let me change my Network Between Public and...

Discus and support Windows 10 Home (Version: 1083) **Windows won't let me change my Network Between Public and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hey Community! I've been trying to switch my wifi from Public to Private for several hours and I can't find how to do it. I tried watching... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DavisClark0776, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Windows 10 Home (Version: 1083) **Windows won't let me change my Network Between Public and...

Hey Community!

I've been trying to switch my wifi from Public to Private for several hours and I can't find how to do it. I tried watching videos and they told me go to Your Wifi (Bottom Right corner with the signal Bars) > Click the Wifi your connected to > Click Properties > Click Private or Public. I tried doing that but it doesn't give me any options to switch between Private and Public. If you have any Ideas how to fix this, Please Please wright back ASAP.

Thank You!!

- Davis

:)

DavisClark0776, Oct 12, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 12, 2018
  3. home network changed to public network with Windows 10

I recently changed my OS to Windows 10 via the free upgrade. My network, while with Windows 8.1, was a home network. Now it is listed as a public network. My Kaspersky Total security software keeps sending messages that this is a public network. How does
    one go about changing the network back to a home network in Windows 10.

Rich S_1018, Oct 12, 2018
  4. Windows 10 Home (Version: 1083) **Windows won't let me change my Network Between Public and...

Change Network from Public to Private

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to
    change your network from Public to Private:

• Type PowerShell in Search Window and then right click on it and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type the following command to find your interface Index:
      Get-NetConnectionProfile

• Use your interface index (for example 5) with this command:
      Set-NetConnectionProfile -InterfaceIndex 5 -NetworkCategory Private

• Now reboot the device and check if the network has changed from Public to Private.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Oct 12, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Home (Version: 1083) **Windows won't let me change my Network Between Public and...

1. Windows 10 Home (Version: 1083) **Windows won't let me change my Network Between Public and... - Similar Threads - Home Version 1083

2. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?: Hello,Why is there no way to chage my 4 digit pin that appears on lockscreen? I have tried everything. I've gone to Settings > Sign in Options > Windows hello face and Windows Happy pin is not available for me ... why does Windows not have an option to change my traditional 4...
  3. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?: Hello,Why is there no way to chage my 4 digit pin that appears on lockscreen? I have tried everything. I've gone to Settings > Sign in Options > Windows hello face and Windows Happy pin is not available for me ... why does Windows not have an option to change my traditional 4...
  4. Why Windows 10 Won't let me change my pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows won't let me in, forcing me to change my password: Im unable to sign in because of this issue. It says "The User's password must be changed before signing in" but the problem is that I didnt have any passwords before, this is the first logging in after downloading Windows on this computer so I left "Password" field empty and...
  6. My Laptop won't let me change my profile picture on Windows 10 home 1903

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Laptop won't let me change my profile picture on Windows 10 home 1903: I don't know if its because of age, but it won't let me change my lock [ATTACH]screen picture https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-wont-let-me-change-my-profile-picture-on/0985fcec-384a-4731-a86c-cb40798728e6
  7. Windows won't let me change the language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows won't let me change the language: So i added romanian as a language bc i needed the keyboard layout and windows changed the system language to romanian despite it being at the bottom and won't let me change it back to english and it says "will be the display language after the next connection" (translated...
  8. Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Won't Let me Change My Password: I can't change my log in password to Win10. I keep getting a message "Something went wrong. Try again or select Cancel to set up device later." What could go wrong? It's a simple password change. Should be Cut & Dry. Anyone have suggestions? I've been dealing with this...
  9. windows 10 pro won't let me network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 pro won't let me network: I just upgraded from windows 10 home to pro. How much ram is required to run program? It's running now but it wont let the network configure the other two computers in the house running 10 pro. So I figured maybe memory. Any Help would be greatly appreciated....
  10. windows 10 home version 1083

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows 10 home version 1083: How the heck do I network 2 windows home computers that are version 1083, homegroup in this version has gone away. I need to network these two computers so I can share files between them. Any help is appreciated...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows home 1083