Windows 10: Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work

Discus and support Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have tried all of the answers and I have reset all defaults, uninstalled and reinstalled the hardware, drivers etc. NONE of that has fixed this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by dougjones7, Feb 24, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work

I have tried all of the answers and I have reset all defaults, uninstalled and reinstalled the hardware, drivers etc. NONE of that has fixed this issue. I have on my laptop two programs available to run dvds. "Any Player" and "Movies and TV". When I put in a DVD movie I get the question: Select to choose what happens/Choose what to do with DVD movies and then my only two options are Take no Action OR FIND A NEW DVD APP store. I even went down that rabbithole and installed a dvd app from the store. That does not work.

When I right click on the DVD drive from explorer and select "Open Autoplay" I am only given the choices of Take no Action OR FIND A NEW DVD APP store.

When I try to set a default app in the control panel for DVDs I ONLY get those options, or open folder or ask me everytime.

I need a solution. I need to be told how to set autoplay to use my default player, currently "Any Player" and it needs to work. I look forward to a solution.

:)

dougjones7, Feb 24, 2021

2. autoplay doesn't work after loading windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

Please do let us know if you have installed all the pending updates on your device.

Also, check with the sound drivers as well.

I suggest you to check with the setting for AutoPlay and check if it helps.

Even if you have turned on the AutoPlay option, there might be some option chosen Choose AutoPlay defaults. I suggest you to check with those options.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type AutoPlay and click on AutoPlay settings.
    • To enable AutoPlay, move the Use AutoPlay for all media and devices button to On.
    • Next you can choose and set your AutoPlay defaults.
    For Removable drives, the following options are available from the drop-down menu:

• Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time
    • Configure this drive for backup (File History)
    • Configure storage settings (Settings).

For Memory Cards, the options available are:

• Play video files using alternate
      software
    • Play using Windows Media Player
    • Take no action
    • Open folder to view files
    • Ask me every time.
    Set your options and exit.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Feb 24, 2021
  3. Program doesn't exist for Autoplay

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to set the Autoplay settings and check if it helps.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control Panel.
    • Go to Control Panel and locate AutoPlay.
    • In AutoPlay settings make sure that you check Use AutoPlay for all media and devices.
    • Next click the Reset all defaults button. Your Autoplay settings should be reset to default.

Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work autoplay-problems-windows-10.png

• Insert USB or DVD to see if Autoplay is working.

You can also try downloading Windows Media Player 10

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/download/details.aspx?id=20426

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Feb 24, 2021
  4. Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work

actin centre autoplay does not work

Hi Michael,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• Type Autoplay on the search bar and select Autoplay settings

• Turn on the Autoplay and also Choose Autoplay Default.

Hope this helps. Post us with status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 24, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work

1. Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work - Similar Threads - Home version 2004

2. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Autoplay not working, windows 10: My dvd/cd autoplay is not working, depiste it being enabled in my default settings both control panel & settings apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-not-working-windows-10/c72a4454-7c81-4a6f-8fe4-774c1bb04bb5
  3. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Autoplay not working, windows 10: My dvd/cd autoplay is not working, depiste it being enabled in my default settings both control panel & settings apps https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/autoplay-not-working-windows-10/c72a4454-7c81-4a6f-8fe4-774c1bb04bb5
  4. Autoplay not working, windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME does not work on Windows 10 Version 2004: Hi, I have just bought a new computer, and needed to install Japanese IME on it. I followed the instructions and installed the language pack, but when I look at the language menu, I only see one icon: [ATTACH] But in the English part, I see five: [ATTACH] When I switch...
  6. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Version 2004: Good afternoon. Has anyone here successfully updated the new 2004 Version from their Windows Update site? OR, run into problems with the upgrade you wish to share? Thanks, scotirish...
  7. wushowhide.diagcab does not work on Windows 10 HOME version 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    wushowhide.diagcab does not work on Windows 10 HOME version 2004: - Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.450] - driver Hewlett-Packard - USB - 11/8/2018 12:00:00 AM - 38.8.1937.18312 I have a HP Officejet Pro 8210 printer that tries to re-install the USB driver every few days, even though it is already working properly. I wish to use...
  8. wushowhide.diagcab does not work on Windows 10 HOME version 2004

wushowhide.diagcab does not work on Windows 10 HOME version 2004: - Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.450] - driver Hewlett-Packard - USB - 11/8/2018 12:00:00 AM - 38.8.1937.18312 I have a HP Officejet Pro 8210 printer that tries to re-install the USB driver every few days, even though it is already working properly. I wish to use...
  9. Windows 10 Home version 2004

Windows 10 Home version 2004: I have a Dell Inspiron 2350 Desktop and a Dell Inspiron 15 - 3521 Laptop. I updated the 2350 to the latest Windows 10 Home version 2004, which took a long time but appeared to work. When complete, I then updated the 3521 laptop. That also took a long time but caused a huge...
  10. installing version 2004 on windows 10 home

installing version 2004 on windows 10 home: hi, i am using windows 10 home on hp laptop. i want to download the iso file of version 2004 and install. so, should i download and launch it from c drive or should i use any other drive?plz let me know....