Windows 10: Windows 10 Home version 2004

Discus and support Windows 10 Home version 2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 2350 Desktop and a Dell Inspiron 15 - 3521 Laptop. I updated the 2350 to the latest Windows 10 Home version 2004, which took a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Win8userEW, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home version 2004

I have a Dell Inspiron 2350 Desktop and a Dell Inspiron 15 - 3521 Laptop.

I updated the 2350 to the latest Windows 10 Home version 2004, which took a long time but appeared to work.

When complete, I then updated the 3521 laptop. That also took a long time but caused a huge problem.

After the update was complete - I logged in with my password which appeared OK - BUT -

the 'welcome' screen went blank and a small rectangle appeared in the top left which said ...

'Personalized settings' for Windows Media Player, Windows Desktop Update, Google Chrome etc.

It then said - Device ran into a problem and needs to restart, www.windows.com /stopcode 'Critical Process Died'

Then it said, No boot device found - press any key to reboot. Pressing any key simply starts it all again.

The whole process loops back to the login screen and the loop continues through all the above.

To try to solve this problem - I made a boot disk on the 2350 desktop and used it to boot the 3521 laptop.

This allowed me to try various 'fixes' recommended online - like - sfc / scannow, bcd /set, bootrec.exe

and numerous other 'troubleshooting' options. It would not go back to the previous Windows version, it would not

'auto-repair' start-up, it could not see the E: HDD device. Nothing seemed to work.

It appears that the HDD disk with the updated system on it simply is no longer visible at boot time.

HELP - Any help or ideas please ???

:)

Win8userEW, Aug 18, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Having problem update to Windows 10, version 2004

Hi,

I'm Mohammed Shuaib, an Independent Advisor & I understand from the description that your encountering error while installing the latest windows updates so I suggest you follow the below instructions to upgrade the windows to the latest version 2004 manually
    following the below steps.

Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Independent Advisor

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Windows 10 Home version 2004

The "Open Diagnostic Data Viewer" is broken in Windows 10 (64) Version 2004

Hi,

Since the issue is still not solved so as to the next step I would suggest you roll back the Windows 10 2004 update and try updating it again following the below instructions.

To Rollback windows 2004 update follow the below instructions:

Open Settings by typing in the search box next to windows icon

Click on Update & Security.

Click on Recovery.

Under “Go back to the previous version of Windows 10,” click the Get started button.

Select a reason why you’re uninstalling version 2004.

Click the Next button.

Click the No, thanks button.

Click the Next button.

Click the Next button again.

Click the Go back to the earlier build button.

Once you complete the steps, the device will remove the latest feature update, and it’ll revert to the previous version

Next

To Install the Latest Windows Feature Pack 2004 update manually steps:

Step: 1

Open the link below

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-downlo...

Step 2:

Click Update which will download the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant

Step 3:

Run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant & then click Update now.

Step 4: It will start downloading the update and also shows the percentage of download.

Regards

Shuaib

Windows Expert User

MohammedShuaib1986, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home version 2004

1. Windows 10 Home version 2004 - Similar Threads - Home version 2004

2. Windows 10 Home Version 2004 broke my system.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home Version 2004 broke my system.: Hello, After Windows 2004 was installed, my system locks up randomly. There is no high CPU usage in Task Manager, etc that it might be a specific program. The game I play, the FPS went from 60 fps to below 30 and lower as I move around. There were no options to restore a...
  3. Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home version 2004 Autoplay does not work: I have tried all of the answers and I have reset all defaults, uninstalled and reinstalled the hardware, drivers etc. NONE of that has fixed this issue. I have on my laptop two programs available to run dvds. "Any Player" and "Movies and TV". When I put in a DVD movie I...
  4. Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Version 2004

Windows 10 Home Upgrade to Version 2004: Good afternoon. Has anyone here successfully updated the new 2004 Version from their Windows Update site? OR, run into problems with the upgrade you wish to share? Thanks, scotirish...
  5. wushowhide.diagcab does not work on Windows 10 HOME version 2004

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    wushowhide.diagcab does not work on Windows 10 HOME version 2004: - Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.450] - driver Hewlett-Packard - USB - 11/8/2018 12:00:00 AM - 38.8.1937.18312 I have a HP Officejet Pro 8210 printer that tries to re-install the USB driver every few days, even though it is already working properly. I wish to use...
  6. wushowhide.diagcab does not work on Windows 10 HOME version 2004

wushowhide.diagcab does not work on Windows 10 HOME version 2004: - Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19041.450] - driver Hewlett-Packard - USB - 11/8/2018 12:00:00 AM - 38.8.1937.18312 I have a HP Officejet Pro 8210 printer that tries to re-install the USB driver every few days, even though it is already working properly. I wish to use...
  7. LATEST UPDATE WINDOWS 10 VERSION 2004 HOME

LATEST UPDATE WINDOWS 10 VERSION 2004 HOME: MICROSOFT: WHY DID U DO THIS? THIS IS AN UGLY-**** UPDATE 2004. HORRIBLE UGLY **** SCREEN. GLARING WHITE TASKBAR JUMPS OUT AND IMMEDIATELY HAS A FEELING OF HATE. WHERE IS MY BLACK TASKBAR???????!!!!!!! CHANGE IT BACK. I **** HATE IT....
  8. windows 10 home 2004

windows 10 home 2004: i wanted the link to download genuine windows 10 home 2004 version iso file link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-home-2004/d6ff2386-d0fc-4186-91db-b9c52a63a3ad
  9. installing version 2004 on windows 10 home

installing version 2004 on windows 10 home: hi, i am using windows 10 home on hp laptop. i want to download the iso file of version 2004 and install. so, should i download and launch it from c drive or should i use any other drive?plz let me know....
  10. Settings home page Windows 10 version 2004

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings home page Windows 10 version 2004: I have two windows 10 computers, both are set up exactly the same. I have noticed recently that the settings home page on one of the computers now has a header banner above the normal options which shows links for my account, windows updates and the cloud in it which has...