Windows 10: Windows 10 Home very slow

Discus and support Windows 10 Home very slow in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My Windows 10 is very slow even after I reset Windows. My system config is 4GB of RAM and 1TB hard-disk(only 350 GB of the total hard disk is occupied... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by vikashvishnu1508, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Windows 10 Home very slow

My Windows 10 is very slow even after I reset Windows. My system config is 4GB of RAM and 1TB hard-disk(only 350 GB of the total hard disk is occupied remaining are all free). I am running only Windows Explorer still it is showing disk 100% and if I try to search any application by clicking windows key it is taking at least 5 seconds to reflect what I typed then after sometimes only it is showing relevant application or file.

Even if I try to run type something in Microsoft Word or Notepad it taking more time to reflect in the desktop. I did not even install any application except Google Chrome. Why such slowness in my system

:)

vikashvishnu1508, Jan 14, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Jborg Win User
    windows 10 slow boot

I was having a slow boot issue on my Windows 7 install a little while back. It would take about 30 - 40 extra seconds to boot up for whatever reason.

I would try following these steps, while this didn't solve my issue, it did increase Read/Write to where it should be.

http://www.disk-partition.com/kb/tips-ssd-optimization-windows7-1.html

Looks to be similar to this: https://www.back2gaming.com/focus-story/ssd-optimization-for-windows-10-windows-8-and-8-1/

In the end, I had to reinstall my Windows 7 entirely to fix the booting issue. It was taking around 35 seconds to boot, and after the fresh install it takes about 7 seconds to boot.

Jborg, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Home very slow

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 Home very slow

1. Windows 10 Home very slow - Similar Threads - Home very slow

2. Windows 10 Very slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Very slow: After the new windows 10 update,My laptop started to ran very slow and sometimes take 1 hour at least to be normal and even worse i had to force shut dowb the laptop by pressing the power button.Almost every game i lost huge fps and sometimes my laptop freeze.I've do fresh...
  3. Windows 10 very slow

Windows 10 very slow: Hi community, I have an laptop Asus A540UB-DM859 with i3 7020U 2,3ghz dual core, 4gb ram, 1 tb hdd, and nvidia mx110 2gb and it works very very slow in windows 10 meaning 10 fps in with no program started, and it games works good, meaning 100 fps in games like lol, but i get...
  4. Windows 10 is very slow

Windows 10 is very slow: Split from this thread. Sir windows10 is very slow what is the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-is-very-slow/30c94aa8-a499-4b74-a791-b17cb969da10
  5. windows 10 very slow

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 very slow: hello this is aadijain_3 i am a user of windows 10 but i m not very satisfied. it has very slow login speed and when the home window opens the windows hangs for atleast 5 minutes with no response. i performed everything ran an sfc scan deleted all the unnecessary apps...
  6. Windows 10 very slow

Windows 10 very slow: Hello, I have a pretty decent computer from the mid 2010's....I think it is still very capable as i am only ever gonna use it for meetings on Microsoft Teams....I brought a legitimate copy of Windows 10 Pro from Amazon....I am very disappointed due to its...
  7. Windows 10 very very slow

Windows 10 very very slow: Hi I have an HP Spectre x360 wxith an Intel Core i7-7500U, 2,7 GHz, 16Go RAM and a 2TB hard drive 1.45To free. Since one week my PC is very very slow. I'm using Kaspersky Total Security without any alert. I'm also using MalwareByte without also any alert I run...
  8. win 10 home very slow

win 10 home very slow: win 10 home is super slow after updates. The websites I am on keep closing on me and I lose my work and have to login again no matter which browser I use. My searches are being redirected. when I type a letter the letter besides it prints instead. My cursor freezes and...
  9. Very very slow win 10

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very very slow win 10: My Desktop taking too much time to open. Even after opening a circle keeps spining and does not alow to open any thing. Clicking PC icon takes too much time to show all the partition and drives. Even right click context menu takes time. Adobe DC is installed but pdf files...
  10. Very slow home page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Very slow home page: Good day to all. Since the last windows update having some issues with the slow home screen to open using edge windows 10 home. I ran the trouble shooter facilities that are built in windows ten and this box showed one of the results. Any one assist me please. [img]...