Windows 10 Home vs. Education

Discus and support Windows 10 Home vs. Education in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Is there a reason NOT to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education? It looks like now it has nearly everything that Enterprise has,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by damonridesbikes, Aug 10, 2018 at 2:53 PM.

1. damonridesbikes Win User

Is there a reason NOT to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education? It looks like now it has nearly everything that Enterprise has, including Cortana. My biggest issue is not wanting to do a full reinstall if Education has some huge flaw that I am not seeing.

:)

damonridesbikes, Aug 10, 2018 at 2:53 PM
  2. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Andre Da Costa, Aug 10, 2018 at 2:57 PM
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. Andre Da Costa Win User

Windows Education Issue

Are you have Windows 10 Education installed?

To find out if you have the right edition installed:

Click Start > Settings > Update & security > Activation > Edition.

If you don't have the right edition installed, you will need to download and install it.

Step 1:

Download Windows 10 Education ISO files

If you attend a college or university, your institution might provide you with the Education edition of Windows 10. If you are only provided with a license (product key), you can download the .ISO file from the Microsoft Download Academic Products website.

Go to the following link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/vlacademicISO

Windows 10 Home vs. Education 9b4ebea7-eec2-4952-bf58-fc24a900ff8a.png

Scroll down then enter your Windows 10 Education product key, then click verify

Windows 10 Home vs. Education 4b50baf3-7735-4510-a5df-60c21b90e0cf.png

Step 2: Create a bootable copy:

Step 3: perform a clean install:

Andre Da Costa, Aug 10, 2018 at 2:57 PM
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home vs. Education - Similar Threads - Home Education

2. Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Deactivate Windows 10 Pro on HDD, use key to upgrade new PC license from Windows 10 Home: I bought a new PC with a Windows 10 Home OEM license. My old PC died, but it had a transferrable Windows 10 Pro license whose product key I had printed out before it died. Both Windows copies are linked to my Microsoft account. I would like to upgrade my new PC to Windows...
  3. multiple processes suspended in win 10 home before and after clean install

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    multiple processes suspended in win 10 home before and after clean install: I had multiple processes suspended for apparently no reason. The machine was really slow. I tried a clean install of win 10. Now running 1803 build 17134.191. This is a clean install, I have not installed any other software. The following processes are suspended:...
  4. Error joining home group in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error joining home group in windows 10.: I am using version 1803 of windows 10 and in this version the option of joining home group is not available. please give an alternate solution so that i can join the home group and access other systems on the network....
  5. Can I use my old Windows 10 Home product key to downgrade from Windows 10 Education

Can I use my old Windows 10 Home product key to downgrade from Windows 10 Education: If I keep my current product key before I upgrade to Windows 10 Education can I just change it back if I need to? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/can-i-use-my-old-windows-10-home-product-key-to/2da11c5a-fe8f-4f7f-b66e-c18e5f925463
  6. Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem with Edition upgrade of Windows 10 Home to Education: Hello I am working as a volunteer at our local school. We just recieved 10 Lenovo E31-70, who are all running Windows 10 Home Edition, version 1511. Through Microsoft License Center, we can license 50 machines with a MAK key. So i started up the first one, got to do the...
  7. May I know the differences between Windows 10 Pro, Home, and education

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    May I know the differences between Windows 10 Pro, Home, and education: The main point I want to know is Windows 10 Education version whose advantages comparing to Windows 10 Home and Pro? Many thanks. 48309
  8. Upgrading from win 10 home to win 10 education version

Upgrading from win 10 home to win 10 education version: I am eligible to purchase a copy of win 10 education version. I currently have win 10 home. I wonder if I have to clean install win 10 education or I can just upgrade from win 10 home. The MS help desk is so ignorant that most of the time they want to help me with my MS...
  9. Upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Education fails

Upgrade from W10 Home to W10 Education fails: Hello everyone, I have bumped into this problem, where I am unable to upgrade my current Windows 10 Home to a Education edition. When I fill in the activation code in the Activation menu of Windows update, the upgrade process starts without a problem, and finishes to 100%....
  10. Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`

Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Education`: I keep getting the error message: Couldn't upgrade your edition, undoing updates. Every time it applies additional features...it stops at 98% and then undoes the changes. Please help. I don't want to reinstall windows just so I could upgrade to Education. Thanks. 30559