Windows 10: Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition

Discus and support Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I always install Pro edition everywhere. Few days ago I decided to install windows 10 home on my home pc. First thing I observed is that even if you... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/vishal_vicky, Oct 7, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition

I always install Pro edition everywhere. Few days ago I decided to install windows 10 home on my home pc.

1. First thing I observed is that even if you sign in with Microsoft account, you do not need to have password on your account.

2. Also during setup it asks to enter your name, you can enter your nickname and that nickname appears everywhere in your account. But in pro version, your full name is picked from Microsoft account and it display full name everywhere.

3. By default it has Windows (light) theme activated. Default themes windows 10 and flowers have white colour and background.

4. Non of the features which i use are missing.

Overall It looks perfect for home pc because it shows my nickname and has option to remove login password even with Microsoft account.

submitted by /u/vishal_vicky
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/vishal_vicky, Oct 7, 2021
  2. Remon Ont Win User

Windows 10 pro edition

Hello Raed,

For us to better assist you with your concern about upgrading to Windows 10 pro edition and how to roll back to Windows 7, we would like to know some additional information first:

• Did you get any error messages or error codes?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

To help you on upgrading your Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, we suggest that you check this

article
    for information and troubleshooting steps.

You can follow the steps provided below to be able to downgrade to Windows 7:

• Open Settings.
    • Select Update & security.
    • Click Recovery tab.
    • Look for the option to "Go back to Windows 7/8", and click on "Get Started" to begin the process.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you need further assistance.

Remon Ont, Oct 7, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Oct 7, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition

1. Windows 10 Home vs Pro edition - Similar Threads - Home Pro edition

2. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  3. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro: Hi everyone,I am going through a list where I need to check the windows edition currently installed on a given set of computers. My approach for the same is as follows:If I want to check the edition of Windows a computer is running, I'd basically run Get-ComputerInfo select...
  4. Windows 10 edition - Enterprise vs Pro

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  5. Windows 10 Pro vs Home

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro vs Home: Sorry in advance if this is a re-occurring question that happens in this subreddit but I really am getting fed up with people telling me I need to get a windows 10 pro version of a laptop because its better for productivity. While yes, I do understand it might have better...
  6. Windows 10 Home vs. Windows Pro

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home vs. Windows Pro: Hi, I bought a laptop (via auction) that was advertised as coming with Windows 10 Pro 64bit. I ran the initial setup (it was brand new), but offline (because I didn't want to register it yet, it's for somebody else). After I logged it, it said "Windows 10 Home". Is it...
  7. windows 10 home vs pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 home vs pro: I am buying a new computer and have always used Windows home. Found a good price on a Dell, but it has Windows Pro. Any downside or big difference I should now about between the two? I do not need Pro, but that is what comes on the pc. Thanks...
  8. Windows 10 Home vs pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Home vs pro: Hello, I need advise on win 10 home or pro is better for gamming and multimedia (movies, music) ? 123387
  9. Windows 10 home vs pro

Windows 10 home vs pro: This question has probably already been asked a few times, but do i really need windows 10 pro? I use my computer for gaming and browsing the internet, and looking at some of the features from the professional version, i dont really see the need for any one them....
  10. 8.1 to 10 - Home vs Pro

8.1 to 10 - Home vs Pro: Been out of the loop for around 12 days and I am curious about the upgrade to 10. After trying various TP's on a separate hard drive I finally bit the bullet and upgraded my 8.1 using 10166, it was then updated to 10240 as a pro edition. After missing the 29th launch I got...