Windows 10: Windows 10 Home & Windows store

Discus and support Windows 10 Home & Windows store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I have a number of tablets that I want to use as kiosk style devices that run Windows 10 home. I want to make use One Drive to keep them in sync.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by Ewan Walker ewan.walker, May 22, 2020.

1. Windows 10 Home & Windows store

I have a number of tablets that I want to use as kiosk style devices that run Windows 10 home.

I want to make use One Drive to keep them in sync.

As I have to use the same Microsoft account to do this, will it cause me any issues if I sign out of the Microsoft store as I don't need or want users downloading apps?

For example will Windows update properly?

:)

Ewan Walker ewan.walker, May 22, 2020
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, May 22, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Home & Windows store

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 Home & Windows store

1. Windows 10 Home & Windows store - Similar Threads - Home store

2. Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Home using Microsoft Store error 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Home using Microsoft Store error 0x80070490: Dear community, recently I made an order Order number 4111841154, to upgrade my windows 11 Home to Pro using Microsoft Store, but the procedure ends to an error 0x80070490 whatever actions will do. How I can reitrieve the Windows 11 Pro product key that I purchased or how I...
  3. Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Home using Microsoft Store error 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrade to Windows 11 Pro from Home using Microsoft Store error 0x80070490: Dear community, recently I made an order Order number 4111841154, to upgrade my windows 11 Home to Pro using Microsoft Store, but the procedure ends to an error 0x80070490 whatever actions will do. How I can reitrieve the Windows 11 Pro product key that I purchased or how I...
  4. I cant upgrade win 11 home to pro and my microsoft store can't download anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant upgrade win 11 home to pro and my microsoft store can't download anything: Hello everyone, i have 3 problem in my windows 11 home in Asus Tuf Gamming t15.1.First problem is i cant download any apps in my microsoft store. Its always pop up messages "There are eror in the end olease try again". I try restar, reset and repair this with many method but...
  5. I cant upgrade win 11 home to pro and my microsoft store can't download anything

I cant upgrade win 11 home to pro and my microsoft store can't download anything: Hello everyone, i have 3 problem in my windows 11 home in Asus Tuf Gamming t15.1.First problem is i cant download any apps in my microsoft store. Its always pop up messages "There are eror in the end olease try again". I try restar, reset and repair this with many method but...
  6. Unable to update Windows 11 Home to Pro after purchasing via Store. Error 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update Windows 11 Home to Pro after purchasing via Store. Error 0x80070490: Hello, I've purchased Windows 11 Pro via Microsoft Store, however, I am unable to upgrade my installed version because of the 0x80070490 error. What can I do to resolve this problem?...
  7. Unable to update Windows 11 Home to Pro after purchasing via Store. Error 0x80070490

Unable to update Windows 11 Home to Pro after purchasing via Store. Error 0x80070490: Hello, I've purchased Windows 11 Pro via Microsoft Store, however, I am unable to upgrade my installed version because of the 0x80070490 error. What can I do to resolve this problem?...
  8. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade bought in Microsoft Store fails to upgrade my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade bought in Microsoft Store fails to upgrade my laptop.: I have Windows 11 Home and purchased the Pro upgrade through the Microsoft store. I keep getting Windows upgrade failed Error Code:0x80070490. I tried using the generic key but that fails as well. My Microsoft account shows I paid for the upgrade Home to Pro, but it shows my...
  9. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade bought in Microsoft Store fails to upgrade my laptop.

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade bought in Microsoft Store fails to upgrade my laptop.: I have Windows 11 Home and purchased the Pro upgrade through the Microsoft store. I keep getting Windows upgrade failed Error Code:0x80070490. I tried using the generic key but that fails as well. My Microsoft account shows I paid for the upgrade Home to Pro, but it shows my...
  10. I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I purchased the Upgrade from Microsoft store to upgrade Windows Home to Window Pro.: I clicked install and i get an error 0x80070490. I followed the error message to responses that tell you to enter a valid activation code I copied it and entered it into Change Product Key and I get the same error. Unable to upgrade your edition go to store to buy genuine...