Windows 10: Windows 10 home wont fully change to English language

Discus and support Windows 10 home wont fully change to English language in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My son was given a laptop from a Spanish friend, and it was set to fully Spanish. I worked my way though the usual to change it over to English, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by vexorg, Feb 9, 2020.

1. vexorg Win User

Windows 10 home wont fully change to English language

My son was given a laptop from a Spanish friend, and it was set to fully Spanish.

I worked my way though the usual to change it over to English, and have got it in English for the most part.
    Added English pack, removed Spanish, set all setting for English for new users and welcome.
    I've even created a new Administrator, since "Administador" was annoying. And hoped that would set it all to English.

However there are some parts that remain in Spanish, like certain parts in the computer management, or any of the old command prompt programs output (like sfc and dskchk have Spanish outputs).

How do we get it to purely English throughout? I don't even mind a reinstall, but it didn't come with a disc for windows 10 home.
    Or can you download an install from Microsoft to install over itself, using it's current licence?

:)

vexorg, Feb 9, 2020
  2. viki2000 Win User

Win10 – Language change Arabic to English

I just bought a 2nd hand laptop by occasion and it has only one problem: the Windows 10 was installed in Arabic language and I need it in English. I do not read/speak Arabic language.
    I looked over many YouTube videos in Arabic and English language about how to change the language in Win10. Unfortunately my screens that I see in Arabic language do not match the screens seen in Arabic on YouTube videos/tutorials, so I cannot do a blind click-click and by chance to change it into English.
    I can make print screens and then put them in USB stick and upload them here on EE from another PC – that I figure it out.
    I do not want to reinstall Win10 from scratch, but of course that is the last option.
    Below are the first steps which leaded me to, I hope, Language and Regional Settings in Win10, but where to click further and what to choose?
    I really need your guidance in step by step with pictures where shall I click in order to install the English language.
    A tutorial in English does not help. I need a tutorial (step by step) in Arabic with pictures.

viki2000, Feb 9, 2020
  3. How to Change Windows store and apps language to English

Hi,

Thank you for providing us the opportunity to assist you.

As per the issue description you are willing to change the language back to English which get changed after installing November update in China.
    I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Is the issue specific to some apps or with all apps?
    • Is the language of the OS and keyboard in English?

I would suggest you to try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

Step 1: Set the display language to English by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows icon key on the keyboard, type
      Settings and select the top most search result.
    • Select Time & Language and click on Region & Language from the left side panel of the window.
    • Click on Add a Language under Language settings and select
      English.
    • Click on the added language and click on Options.
    • Click on Download to download the language pack.
    • After the download is complete, select the language and click Set as default.
    • Check if the changes are effective.

Step 2: If the issue persist, I suggest you to run the
    Windows apps troubleshooter and check if the issue is resolved

In many cases, the Windows Store will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, this tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Do get back to us with all the information required and result of proposed suggestion. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Feb 9, 2020
  4. Windows 10 home wont fully change to English language

how to change chinese language to english language in window 10 Xiaomi Note Air 12.5 in

Hi Jennery,

I suggest you to try below steps to change language.

• Press Windows + X key in the Windows desktop and click
      Control Panel.

• Open Language.

• Click on Add a Language and then select a desired language (Example: English) and click Open.

• Now select a Language (Example: English (United States).
    Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 home wont fully change to English language

1. Windows 10 home wont fully change to English language - Similar Threads - home wont fully

2. Windows 10 won't fully change the language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 won't fully change the language.: Hello, so I'm from Brazil, and currently I need to change windows10 language to english, just so I can easily find specific processes running within services.msc. I'd like to change the language just for convenience, as there are specific tools that are translated in...
  3. How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1: Hello, I need to be able to change my Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1 from Spanish to English, I really need it for work and I don't seem to be able to do it. Is there somewhere I can download an English Language Pack for this version? I found for other versions...
  4. How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1: Hello, I need to be able to change my Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1 from Spanish to English, I really need it for work and I don't seem to be able to do it. Is there somewhere I can download an English Language Pack for this version? I found for other versions...
  5. How to change language to English on Windows 10 Home Single Language version 21H1

6. Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English

Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English: Hey!I wanted to change my windows 10 display language to English US but some components are still in Dutch, such as the start-menu, the search thingy and the settings app some options are in English tho.Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted the system multiple...
  7. Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 not changing language fully. Dutch to English: Hey!I wanted to change my windows 10 display language to English US but some components are still in Dutch, such as the start-menu, the search thingy and the settings app some options are in English tho.Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted the system multiple...
  8. Windows 10 not changing language fully.

Windows 10 not changing language fully.: Hey!I wanted to change my windows 10 display language to English US but some components are still in Dutch, such as the start-menu, the search thingy and the settings app.Does anyone know how to fix this? I have restarted the system multiple times with no succes so far. +...
  9. change the language in windows 10 home single language from Arabic to English.

change the language in windows 10 home single language from Arabic to English.: I bought a new laptop with windows 10 home single language Arabic. I repeatedly tried to change the display language to English, and I was not able to. Is there a way to change the display language in such releases? Thanks in advance...
  10. Windows 10 Language Change to English

Windows 10 Language Change to English: Hello! I bought my desktop here in China, a friend of mine already checked my pc. We already installed the language pack and still, Microsoft Edge, Control Panel, generally most of the Windows interface is still in Chinese. The log in screen and a few is changed to English....