Windows 10: Windows 10 Home, Your password has expired...

Discus and support Windows 10 Home, Your password has expired... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi Noticed this on now two different Windows 10 Home installs. Conditions: Windows 10 Home Local account no password Login page: "Your password... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Corigins, Feb 3, 2020.

1. Corigins Win User

Windows 10 Home, Your password has expired...

Hi

Noticed this on now two different Windows 10 Home installs.

Conditions:

Windows 10 Home

Local account no password

Login page: "Your password has expired and must be changed."

Yes, Home, not Professional, therefore no Group Policy to turn this on or off.

Just checking if there has been any reports of an update that is causing this, or even other users experiencing the phenomena.

Richard

:)

Corigins, Feb 3, 2020

2. Password issue

After going through the steps to make a new password, after a week or two, my login credentials are no longer valid. I'm forced to make a new password all over again. It seems to happen if I don't login in a certain period of time. Does our passwords expire???

GoFigureItOut, Feb 3, 2020
  3. Adminstrator Account is locked as password expired. Windows 10

password on ADMINSTRATOOR account expired while we were gone. We cannot open it. What are the steps to reset password once it has expired. Using Windows 10

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings

SharonTastor, Feb 3, 2020
  4. Namslas90 Win User

admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Feb 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Home, Your password has expired... - Similar Threads - Home password has

2. Windows 11 - Your password has expired Prompt keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Your password has expired Prompt keeps appearing: Hi,Have a user who recently changed password because she keeps receiving Windows prompt "Your password has expired". The change was successful and all SSO login is working, but the prompt keeps appearing every restart.We changed the password again via AD and reconnected to...
  3. Windows 11 - Your password has expired Prompt keeps appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Your password has expired Prompt keeps appearing: Hi,Have a user who recently changed password because she keeps receiving Windows prompt "Your password has expired". The change was successful and all SSO login is working, but the prompt keeps appearing every restart.We changed the password again via AD and reconnected to...
  4. Password has expired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Password has expired: My elderly Dad has contacted me. His PC is his lifeline with living alone. This morning when trying to turn it on, it simply says that his 'password has expired'. But he didn't ever have a password to get into his computer. I bought him this windows 11 computer refurbished...
  5. Password has expired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Password has expired: My elderly Dad has contacted me. His PC is his lifeline with living alone. This morning when trying to turn it on, it simply says that his 'password has expired'. But he didn't ever have a password to get into his computer. I bought him this windows 11 computer refurbished...
  6. Windows login reminder - Your password has expired

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows login reminder - Your password has expired: Hello all,Windows login reminder - Your password has expired notification pop up after reboot, every time.Password has been reset in Office365 Admin console, locally on system, comes back after every rebootCredentials Manager locally, cleared out any password there, same...
  7. Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Turning off pin/password expiration windows 10 home.: Tried searching google for the answer and guides to do this serviced everything but windows 10 home. Windows 10 pro has features Windows 10 home doesn't have. I'd like to not have to change my password everything month. Get's annoying. Edit: OS: Windows 10 Home CPU:...
  8. Windows 10 HOME password expires soon. How to stop expiration

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 HOME password expires soon. How to stop expiration: ** This is in Windows 10 HOME so please don't offer suggestions regarding Local Policy or running CMD as an Admin - none of those options appear to work. ** After starting a course online, and logging in to their system, I inadvertently allowed the system to start a...
  9. Windows 10 Home password expires enable

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Home password expires enable: I need to enable password expiration in the system. The net accounts command has set the password to max 30 days but the password does not change. By checking net user "UserName" I get information that the password never expires for a this user. I do not have the ability to...
  10. Is windows 10 home expired?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is windows 10 home expired?: I was told by a tech person that it is expired and I will lose everything if I don't upgrade immediately. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/is-windows-10-home-expired/b1b9d593-35c1-4242-921c-6c54175807f0