Windows 10: Windows 10 Homegroup

Discus and support Windows 10 Homegroup in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Trying to connect my laptop to my PC. I can get the laptop to see the PC (Join Now is available). However when I join and put the password in it goes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by crouthmr, Mar 16, 2016.

1. crouthmr Win User

Windows 10 Homegroup

Trying to connect my laptop to my PC. I can get the laptop to see the PC (Join Now is available). However when I join and put the password in it goes on for several minutes trying to connect and then says the homegroup is no longer available (which it is).
    Here's the rub: The PC is wired via Lan to the modem. The laptop is plugged into a wireless router which is wired to the modem. I tried turning connecting both computers to the same wireless network (so now both computers are connected via Lan and via wireless). I've tried everything I can find on these forums. Please help

:)

crouthmr, Mar 16, 2016
  2. MarkLaru Win User

Windows 10 upgrade corrupted my Home Group

This did not work. I have set these all to Automatic but I can still NOT leave or delete the corrupted HomeGroup. When I enter the password for the HomeGroup I get the following message:

Windows no longer detects a HomeGroup on this Network, To create a new HomeGroup click "OK" and then open HomeGroup in the Control Panel"

When you do this you CANNOT CREATE or LEAVE the HomeGroup. The windows say Windows has detected a HomeGroup.

Windows 10 corrupted the HomeGRoup so you are in a never ending circle.

How do you DELETE or LEAVE a HomeGroup in Windows 10.

MarkLaru, Mar 16, 2016
  3. Connect to Windows 7 PC to copy files

I ran the Windows 10 Homegroup troubleshooter before I posted here. It found no problems.

I went through all the steps for Windows 7, had no luck, quit the Homegroup on Windows 10, changed the password on Win 7, and rebooted. It's rejecting the password on Win 10, so I'm going to try again,

E Blackwell, Mar 16, 2016
  4. crouthmr Win User

Windows 10 Homegroup

update...when i wire both to the same modem it works. so it must be an issue with the wireless connection.

crouthmr, Mar 16, 2016
Thema:

Windows 10 Homegroup

1. Windows 10 Homegroup - Similar Threads - Homegroup

2. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  3. I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the...: I have installed the HomeGroup since Win7 up to now on win11. I need to recover the password however, when accessing network thru control panel no icon for homegroup to click...
  4. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  5. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup: I am using windows 10 and shared some importartent folder in homegroup my files getting deleted accidentaly without any warning to confirm delete and i am not able to find in recyle bin also.I tried to create advance permission to protect a file from deletion, go to Security...
  6. Prevent file from Deleteion in homegroup

7. Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...: I get an error code, 2147500037 when searching for the solution to the Homegroup not working as designed. It worked fine for years and then stopped a few weeks ago. The computers work fine, but there is no access to the libraries of files videos and photos on the main...
  8. Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...

Homegroup in Windows 7, desktop with libraries does not appear on the other devices, unable...: I get an error code, 2147500037 when searching for the solution to the Homegroup not working as designed. It worked fine for years and then stopped a few weeks ago. The computers work fine, but there is no access to the libraries of files videos and photos on the main...
  9. Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...: Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to set up. Why can't they leave things alone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-which-clever-removed-homegroup-from-windows/ac586533-2cc7-4dad-ba7b-6d2987cc2241
  10. Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...

Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to...: Please which clever *&^%$£!£&! removed HomeGroup from Windows 10? It worked and was easy to set up. Why can't they leave things alone? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-which-clever-removed-homegroup-from-windows/ac586533-2cc7-4dad-ba7b-6d2987cc2241