Windows 10: Windows 10 Hot Corners

Discus and support Windows 10 Hot Corners in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Why oah why don't we have hot corners in Windows 10? My Apple and Linux systems have had this for almost 10 years. For multitasking you throw your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by win10corners, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Windows 10 Hot Corners

Why oah why don't we have hot corners in Windows 10? My Apple and Linux systems have had this for almost 10 years. For multitasking you throw your mouse in the corner and all your sessions are displayed in front of you. They are shown as large windows you can easily pick to rapidly move from one program to the next. On Apple it's called Expose and on Linux it's called Compiz.

I just finished upgrading and still on Win10 I have to go to the taskbar, pick some tiny icon of firefox, wait for it to display my open sessions, then pick another tiny session square, then I get to my program. The is clunky and cumbersome and slow. Steve Jobs was right when he said Windows designer just don't have any class. Hunting for the "task view" to accomplish this same feat is nowhere near as fast and elegant as a hot corner either.

If you think a hot corner is too sensitive and too easily activated you're too sloppy with your mouse. I've been using them forever with no issues.

:)

win10corners, Aug 15, 2015

2. Windows 10 hot buttons in corner not working

Hi,

To resolve this problem, use the inbox Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool.

• Open an elevated command prompt. To do this, swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap
      Search. Or, if you are using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, and then click
      Search. Type Command Prompt in the Search box, right-click
      Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click
      Allow.
    • Type the following command, and then press Enter.

It may take several minutes for the command operation to be completed.
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
      Important When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions. However, if your Windows Update client is already broken, use a running Windows installation as the repair source, or use a
      Windows side-by-side folder from a network share or from a removable media, such as the Windows DVD, as the source of the files. To do this, run the following command instead:
      DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:C:\RepairSource\Windows /LimitAccess
      Note Replace the C:\RepairSource\Windows placeholder with the location of your repair source. For more information about using the DISM tool to repair Windows, reference

Repair a Windows Image
    • Close the command prompt, restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps

John Rubdy, Aug 15, 2015
  3. Windows 10 hot buttons in corner not working

Hi Mark,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to run the command from the below link and check if the issue persists.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/947821

Also I suggest you to provide us the Blog files of the SFC scan so that we can get clarity on this issue.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 15, 2015
  4. hiphopper Win User

Windows 10 Hot Corners

And Alt-Winkey for the virtual desktops. Windows had always been more about shortcut keys.

On the other hand the OP might want to think about getting a Mac. I like my MacBook Pro quite a bit.

hiphopper, Aug 15, 2015
  5. dudley Win User
    Or try Windows Key + Tab and select the the session with the mouse.

dudley, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Windows 10 Hot Corners

1. Windows 10 Hot Corners - Similar Threads - Hot Corners

2. c drive is at 53 gb andc has one 1 gb left new laptop too why and hot do i fix this problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    c drive is at 53 gb andc has one 1 gb left new laptop too why and hot do i fix this problem: i cant update laptop only had it 3 months and havent downloaded but one app so why is it full? someone help me understand how to fix this issue. i have several clouds as well and an external hard drive i bought last week which i havebt used yet. ant helpo would be great. how...
  3. c drive is at 53 gb andc has one 1 gb left new laptop too why and hot do i fix this problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    c drive is at 53 gb andc has one 1 gb left new laptop too why and hot do i fix this problem: i cant update laptop only had it 3 months and havent downloaded but one app so why is it full? someone help me understand how to fix this issue. i have several clouds as well and an external hard drive i bought last week which i havebt used yet. ant helpo would be great. how...
  4. "My laptop is getting hot and also experiencing slow performance and lagging in Windows."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "My laptop is getting hot and also experiencing slow performance and lagging in Windows.": Hi My device info Device name Anirudh-Sahil Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 5.89 GB usable Device ID A6581E91-9E27-4F74-96B0-4FAD23A2B777 Product ID 00327-35911-82666-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system,...
  5. "My laptop is getting hot and also experiencing slow performance and lagging in Windows."

"My laptop is getting hot and also experiencing slow performance and lagging in Windows.": Hi My device info Device name Anirudh-Sahil Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3500U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.10 GHz Installed RAM 8.00 GB 5.89 GB usable Device ID A6581E91-9E27-4F74-96B0-4FAD23A2B777 Product ID 00327-35911-82666-AAOEM System type 64-bit operating system,...
  6. Hot to confirm Bluetooth Pin on PC and Phone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hot to confirm Bluetooth Pin on PC and Phone: I tried to connect my Google Pixel 8 Pro to my Windows 11 Phone link App. Everything went fine until the Bluetooth part. The screen went away with the Bluetooth code and It wont come back. Even when I uninstalled and reinstalled I keep getting the same error on my computer of...
  7. Hot to confirm Bluetooth Pin on PC and Phone

Hot to confirm Bluetooth Pin on PC and Phone: I tried to connect my Google Pixel 8 Pro to my Windows 11 Phone link App. Everything went fine until the Bluetooth part. The screen went away with the Bluetooth code and It wont come back. Even when I uninstalled and reinstalled I keep getting the same error on my computer of...
  8. [Windows 11 Home 23H2] CPU getting very hot when scanning with Defender.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    [Windows 11 Home 23H2] CPU getting very hot when scanning with Defender.: I have a Ryzen 9 3900x and use a Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT AIO cooler. Even when I set the fans to constant 100% and set the pump to Extreme, whenever I perform ANY scan on Defender my CPU is pushing 90 degrees, and all cores/threads are at a constant 100% usage! I can...
  9. Action Center via Hot Corner

in Windows 10 Customization
    Action Center via Hot Corner: There's anyway to open action center like the Charm Bar from Windows 8? 39522
  10. How to get win 8 'hot corners' in win 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get win 8 'hot corners' in win 10?: Is there a way to get hot corners in windows 10? for example, it would be great If I could open the notification bar by moving my mouse to the bottom right hand corner In the same way you would open the charms bar in windows 8. Is there any way to achieve this in win...