Windows 10: Windows 10 - hotspot and projecting issues

Discus and support Windows 10 - hotspot and projecting issues in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo L340. I use mobile hotspot to share my net ethernet to my other devices. My android phone Xiaomi Mi Max 2 has no problems connecting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TJJaca, Sep 26, 2020.

1. TJJaca Win User

Windows 10 - hotspot and projecting issues

I have a Lenovo L340. I use mobile hotspot to share my net ethernet to my other devices.

My android phone Xiaomi Mi Max 2 has no problems connecting to the hotspot but my other laptop which is also a Lenovo - Yogabook YB1-x91F can't connect - always shows: Can't connect to this network. The drivers of both laptops are already updated, and the yogabook did not have any issues connecting to a previous laptop's hotspot.

I've done the advices here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-mobile-hotspot-is-not-working/2f830f00-523c-4040-affd-a9dd58fe0838

None worked.

And it may be related, but this L340 also refuses to project to the Lenovo Yogabook or to our smart TV.

It also may be the cause just not sure how to fix but, I have McAfee installed - perhaps blocking it?

Please advise.

:)

TJJaca, Sep 26, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Sep 26, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot Problem

Hi John,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with on Windows 10.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

Built-in 'Mobile Hotspot' feature is not working in Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 14393)

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• Have you checked the issues with other network connection?

I suggest you to refer to the steps provided in the Microsoft Help Article and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/use-your-pc-as-a-mobile-hotspot

Please get back to us with an update on Wi-Fi hotspot issue, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pavan_N, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - hotspot and projecting issues - Similar Threads - hotspot projecting issues

2. Hotspot issues on windows 10 pc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hotspot issues on windows 10 pc.: I recently purchased a netgear AC1200 usb wifi adaptor to create a mobile hotspot on my pc. However after setting up the device, I can create the hotspot but I'm not able to connect to it using any device. It shows 'connection failed'. Please help...
  3. Hotspot issues on windows 10 pc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hotspot issues on windows 10 pc.: I recently purchased a netgear AC1200 usb wifi adaptor to create a mobile hotspot on my pc. However after setting up the device, I can create the hotspot but I'm not able to connect to it using any device. It shows 'connection failed'. Please help...
  4. Hotspot issues on windows 10 pc.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Project issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Project issue: i tried Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter Reinstall your video drivers Clean boot your computer Run SFC Use a different user account but the issue is still continued please suggest any method [ATTACH]...
  6. Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot issues

Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot issues: Hallo there, I would like to connect my phone to my mobile hotspot for windows 10, but it wont work. ill get this message: [ATTACH] And its not just with my phone, it with ANY device that I want to connect to my hotspot!!! and yes my phone can connect to other WIFI...
  7. Windows 10 a6210 hotspot issues

Windows 10 a6210 hotspot issues: I am trying to set up a hotspot on my computer. I get an error, even though the a6210 is hosted network supported. Any suggestions on what i can do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-a6210-hotspot-issues/61f68090-a2e8-41f2-ab95-e52ef1e10f36
  8. Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?

Projecting to this PC with Mobile Hotspot turned on ?: Hi. I'm on Windows 10 Pro version 1909 trying to cast my Android phone to Windows 10 with Mobile Hotspot turned on. The phone is connected to the internet with Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot, but the screen cast is only is working when Mobile Hotspot is turned off. Is there a...
  9. Windows 10 Hotspot Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Hotspot Issue: In my system Hotspot is automatically disable after few time and when is trying to disconnect the hotspot it also unable to disconnect... when I restart my system hotspot worked... Any Clue? How to I fixed that issue??? I https://triviaquestions4u.com/ very thankful to you...
  10. projection issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    projection issue: Hi,i'm Pat, was trying to make a projection of screen's laptop on my LGwebOSTV still it can't. I've checked my drivers and they are all up to date. Whenever i start the process it can't get to the end. Apparently the laptop is deconncting itself but with my mobile it workes...