Windows 10: windows 10 hotspot speed significantly slows after a few minutes

Discus and support windows 10 hotspot speed significantly slows after a few minutes in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, my windows 10 hotspot was working great previously, until I reinstalled windows 10 on my desktop. Whenever I turn on the hotspot feature, I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by pprithamm, Apr 22, 2021.

1. pprithamm Win User

windows 10 hotspot speed significantly slows after a few minutes

Hi, my windows 10 hotspot was working great previously, until I reinstalled windows 10 on my desktop. Whenever I turn on the hotspot feature, I get fast wifi. However, after a few minutes, the wifi speed of the hotspot significantly slows down and some apps on my phonewhich is connected to the hotspot say "no internet connection." The hotspot still works during this time, but the wifi speed is very slow and some apps load things very slowly, or not at all. The hotspot was working perfectly before I reinstalled windows, please help, thanks.OS build 19042.928

:)

pprithamm, Apr 22, 2021

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Apr 22, 2021
  3. ReubenFaleiro, Apr 22, 2021
  4. windows 10 hotspot speed significantly slows after a few minutes

windows 10 mobile hotspot problem

I used the commands below from the link you provided:

• Type netsh winsock reset and press Enter.
    • Type netsh int ip reset and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
    • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.
    This solved the original problem: now the iPhone can connect to the internet through the Windows 10 mobile hotspot. However the connection is extremely slow, not usable. The PC has a reasonable connection speed through WiFi.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

RenzoBalducci, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

windows 10 hotspot speed significantly slows after a few minutes

1. windows 10 hotspot speed significantly slows after a few minutes - Similar Threads - hotspot speed significantly

2. Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot - slow and unstable speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot - slow and unstable speed: HelloI have this PCIEe WiFi card based on Intel 6E AX210:https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-WBAX210-rev-10#kf Im using it to connect Meta Quest 3 VR headset and my PC via Windows Mobile Hotspot to play PCVR games Both Quest 3 and AX210 supports WiFi 6E With max speeds...
  3. Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot - slow and unstable speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mobile Hotspot - slow and unstable speed: HelloI have this PCIEe WiFi card based on Intel 6E AX210:https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GC-WBAX210-rev-10#kf Im using it to connect Meta Quest 3 VR headset and my PC via Windows Mobile Hotspot to play PCVR games Both Quest 3 and AX210 supports WiFi 6E With max speeds...
  4. My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after...: My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after few hour i think I started a timer or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-windows-10-start-for-few-minut-and-then/7d46d5d1-2582-4992-8ed7-56614ac450ac
  5. My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after...: My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after few hour i think I started a timer or something https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-windows-10-start-for-few-minut-and-then/7d46d5d1-2582-4992-8ed7-56614ac450ac
  6. My pc windows 10 start for few minut and then power off in few minutes and then start after...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Internet speeds differ significantly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet speeds differ significantly: I have an HP All-In-One Desktop computer. Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19042 Build 19042x64-based PCProcessor Intel Core i7-7700T CPU @2.9 GHz Memory 12 GB. Sitting on my desk, right next to the above computer, I have an HP laptop. Windows 10 Home, version 10.0.19042 Build...
  8. Speed of Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot

Speed of Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot: Hi All, After Enable Win10 Mobile hotspot , it will show the message" You’re sharing your connection over the 5GHz network band. The network might not appear on the devices that can only connect over the 2.4GHz band", and the link speed is about 1.2G only with Wi-Fi 6...
  9. Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep

Wifi speed slows down after five minutes of sleep: I am using window 10 64 bit build, Hp specter x 360. My wifi speed is usually 50 Mbps before sleep. After 5-10 minutes of sleep, my laptop wifi speed slows down to 2 Mbps. I don't know what is happening. I reset my laptop and the problem still persists. I don't know what to...
  10. Windows 10 hotspot connection speed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 hotspot connection speed: I have a wired connection to my PC, but the WiFi connection is poor, which I need a strong one for my other electronics such as phone, Oculus Quest, etc. I was about to order a new router for my room when I came across this feature, and I was wondering how fast this...