Windows 10: Windows 10 hotspot thinks that my phone is connected even though its not, how can I fix this

Discus and support Windows 10 hotspot thinks that my phone is connected even though its not, how can I fix this in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So windows 10 says that I am connected to its hotspot from my phone. This makes me unable to reconnect my phone. No matter how long I wait it stays... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by yoyoman1, Oct 21, 2020.

1. yoyoman1 Win User

Windows 10 hotspot thinks that my phone is connected even though its not, how can I fix this

So windows 10 says that I am connected to its hotspot from my phone. This makes me unable to reconnect my phone. No matter how long I wait it stays like that. The logical thing is to turn the hotspot on and off again, however when I do that it keeps saying we can't set up mobile hotspot. The only solution is to restart.

This is also occurring on a separate computer, the thing in common is that the use WiFi cards but their drivers are all updated, this only started occuring after a recent update

thx in advance

:)

yoyoman1, Oct 21, 2020

2. Turned Windows 10 Mobile Hotspot "ON" but not visible on devices..

have you followed all the steps? U might have missed something. Check out instructions mentioned here Windows 10 Tip: Set Up a Mobile Hotspot - Thurrott.com

lorraine walsh, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Try3 Win User
    Windows not discovering mobile hotspot

I think you have already answered both of the other points I would have checked so I have nothing else useful to suggest -
    - Your computer can detect other 2.4GHz networks/hotspots
    - Other computers can detect your phone's 2.4GHz hotspot

I have deliberately altered some Windows settings to hide unwanted local networks [not just stop any connection to them but hide them from appearing in the list of available networks]. But you have not been taking similar measures or you would have said so.

As a final check, see if your phone's mobile hotspot appears in the list of detected networks using
    NirSoft WiFiInfoView

Best of luck,
    Denis

4. adas14 Win User

Windows 10 hotspot thinks that my phone is connected even though its not, how can I fix this

cant connect to my hotspot

my phone connects to the wife hotspot. win 10 desktops not. just checked that windows 7 desktop connects with my hotspot. To be clear. I turn hotspot with my laptop. my phone shows connection and it connects , windows 7 desktop shows connection and it connects, but windows 10 desktops does not show my laptop's hotspot connection at all. And it happened after i did windows update on my laptop...

adas14, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 hotspot thinks that my phone is connected even though its not, how can I fix this - Similar Threads - hotspot thinks phone

2. Cant connect to my phone hotspots

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant connect to my phone hotspots: Cant cect to my phone hotspot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-connect-to-my-phone-hotspots/d96f6eaf-8390-491d-9014-1940d8619d18
  3. I cannot use my phone's 5ghz WiFi hotspot on my PC, even though it supports it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot use my phone's 5ghz WiFi hotspot on my PC, even though it supports it: So recently I've purchased a "new" computer, I installed windows on it.. yada yada,Here's the problem:I use my phone's personal hotspot, because it is better than my home wifi, and when I use the 5ghz band it connects without a problem on my previous computer, but on this one...
  4. I cannot use my phone's 5ghz WiFi hotspot on my PC, even though it supports it

I cannot use my phone's 5ghz WiFi hotspot on my PC, even though it supports it: So recently I've purchased a "new" computer, I installed windows on it.. yada yada,Here's the problem:I use my phone's personal hotspot, because it is better than my home wifi, and when I use the 5ghz band it connects without a problem on my previous computer, but on this one...
  5. I cannot use my phone's 5ghz WiFi hotspot on my PC, even though it supports it

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot

Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot: I have turned on mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, but my phone iPhone 12 can't access the Internet although it recognizes the network, it gives the error message "No Internet Connection". This happened after I had a problem with my Ethernet connection in my computer so I...
  7. Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting my phone to mobile hotspot: I have turned on mobile hotspot on my Windows 10 PC, but my phone iPhone 12 can't access the Internet although it recognizes the network, it gives the error message "No Internet Connection". This happened after I had a problem with my Ethernet connection in my computer so I...
  8. Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet

Laptop hotspot can be connected on a phone but no internet: I have a direct broadband connection on my Asus X555L laptop. I can be connected to my laptop's wifi hotspot on my Andriod phone. But it seems it is connected but no internet on specific apps like google stuff as far I checked such as Play Store, Chrome while the youtube...
  9. My Laptop is connected to my phones hotspot but it's not browsing the Internet but I can...

My Laptop is connected to my phones hotspot but it's not browsing the Internet but I can...: Hi,So my 15-month-old son threw my laptop to the floor about 2 weeks ago, it went off and was giving me a black screen, I was able to fix that through help from this forum. But it was not booting to windows, I did a system reset - keep files. This worked and my...
  10. unable to connect hotspot to my phone

unable to connect hotspot to my phone: hi sir, actually there was a problem with my hotspot in windows 10.....I was unable to connect it to my phone . I asked this question yesterday and I have received the answers for that …… one of the sirs told to reset the network connections and I did that. THANK YOU SO MUCH...