Windows 10: Windows 10 How do I lock the position and size of a window

Discus and support Windows 10 How do I lock the position and size of a window in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have followed threads with the same question and I find no solution. Perhaps a better description of the problem will help. When I open a window... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ready1, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Ready1 Win User

Windows 10 How do I lock the position and size of a window

I have followed threads with the same question and I find no solution. Perhaps a better description of the problem will help. When I open a window such as Google the window opens upper left about 1/8 the size I want. I can move the window to the right then drag the corner filling the screen to about 60% from the right. That is where I want it. When I close the window and reopen it, the window is back to the 1/8th size in the upper left corner. I would like Windows to remember and open the new window in the right side and 60%.

Thanks. Fred

:)

Ready1, Jun 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Saving windows position

Hi Christoffer,

I've tried to replicate what you want to achieve. I tested a few Windows apps (Weather app, Paint app, and Skype app) and I was able to set the size and the position of each app. When I close and open an app, it opens right where I placed its floating window.
    You may follow these steps:

1. Open an app or a program.
    2. Resize its window according to your preferrence.
    3. Right-click on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Size to lock the window size.
    4. Move the window to your desired position.
    5. Right-click again on the upper-left hand corner of the app or program window, then click
      Move to lock its position.
    6. Close the app or program and then relaunch it.

Please let me know how it goes for you so I'll be able to further check on this in case the above steps won't help.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Windows 10 How do I lock the position and size of a window

windows 10 How do I lock the position and size of a window

Windows 10 How do I lock the position and size of a window? I have googled this problem many times and I don't want to purchase WindowsManager for a fix Microsoft should have. Anyone have a work-around?

RichardCordesMX, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 How do I lock the position and size of a window

1. Windows 10 How do I lock the position and size of a window - Similar Threads - lock position size

2. How to reset windows size and position?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to reset windows size and position?: Let's say that, for example, i open the block notes and i move it on the top right angle, then i change the size of this window increasing it. Now i close it and reopen it and i'll find it in the same position with the same size.How can i reset this thing for every window on...
  3. How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?: Hey guys, I use 2 monitors with 'extended display' option on Windows 10. On each monitor I use 2 windows of equal size splitting the screen in half. I would like to lock the sizes and positions of the 2 windows on each monitor, how might I do this please?...
  4. How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?

How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?: Hey guys, I use 2 monitors with 'extended display' option on Windows 10. On each monitor I use 2 windows of equal size splitting the screen in half. I would like to lock the sizes and positions of the 2 windows on each monitor, how might I do this please?...
  5. How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to lock multiple windows positions and sizes?: Hey guys, I use 2 monitors with 'extended display' option. On each monitor I use 2 windows of equal size splitting the screen in half. I would like to lock the sizes and positions of the 2 windows on each monitor, how might I do this please?...
  6. how do I lock the window size and position in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I lock the window size and position in windows 10: how do I lock the window size and position in windows 10? Every time my system goes into screen saver or sleep mode, my windows are all jumbled up when I get back to my screens I have 3 screens and the windows all move around on them....
  7. how do I lock the window size and position in windows 10

how do I lock the window size and position in windows 10: how do I lock the window size and position in windows 10? Every time my system goes into screen saver or sleep mode, my windows are all jumbled up when I get back to my screens I have 3 screens and the windows all move around on them....
  8. Window Size and Position

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Window Size and Position: I might already have a thread about this. An application window will have a given size and position upon initial installation. I have a window which has had both changed since its initial installation. I want to restore the original values. I tried uninstalling it and...
  9. How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How do I get windows 10 to remember window size and position: I resize an open window to my reqirement, but at each restart of computer the adjusted windows opens at its original size. What procedure can resolve this....
  10. How to lock/freeze window size/position?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to lock/freeze window size/position?: Hi, Does anyone know of any software or way that allows me to lock/freeze any application/window on my screen i.e. disable any change in position and size / make it completely immune to the cursor or clicking? I'm running an application called LiveSplit, which is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 lock window position

2. lock windows positions windows 10

3. lock window size windows 10

4. windows lock window size,
  5. window size lock,
  6. lock window in place,
  7. lock explorer window position size,
  8. how to lock a window in place windows 10,
  9. lock window size,
  10. how to lock position of a windows in windows,
  11. lock window location windows 10,