Windows 10: Windows 10 : How do I restore files from a backup?

Discus and support Windows 10 : How do I restore files from a backup? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 : How do I restore files from a backup?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BarryOates1, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Windows 10 : How do I restore files from a backup?

Windows 10 : How do I restore files from a backup?

:)

BarryOates1, Jan 25, 2019

2. installing windows 10 backup and restore later

1. Backup Vista
    2. Upgrade Vista->Windows 7 -> Windows 10. Get activated.
    3. Backup Windows 10.
    4. Clean Install Windows 10. Make sure still activated
    5. Backup a fresh copy of Windows 10
    6. Restore

To perform step 4 i will need to have downloaded an iso and create a dvd or usb to boot from.....so will not this ISO be ok and the one you mention ?

reddwarf4ever, Jan 25, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 25, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows 10 : How do I restore files from a backup? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Jan 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 : How do I restore files from a backup? - Similar Threads - restore files backup

2. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  3. Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Restore files from OneDrive ‘backup’: OneDrive backup moved a lot of my files to OneDrive and I’d like to put them back where they were on my laptop and go back to selectively choose which files to store on OneDrive. things are a mess. Is there an ‘easy’ way to do this short on selecting those files one by one ....
  4. Restore Files from Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  5. Restore Files from Backup

Restore Files from Backup: Hi I have some files on an external HDD which I would like to check to see what they are so when I click on the HDD a box appears asking if I want to restore files from this backup, my question is where will these files go & how do I access them. Also below in the same box it...
  6. A few files from backup aren't restored from backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A few files from backup aren't restored from backup: A few weeks ago I had to make a backup of my laptop, because I sent it in to be fixed. However when I restored my files from the back up, a few files I made 2-3 weeks before I sent my laptop in didnt show up, I did turn on ''show hidden items"/searched them by name in file...
  7. A few files from backup aren't restored from backup

A few files from backup aren't restored from backup: A few weeks ago I had to make a backup of my laptop, because I sent it in to be fixed. However when I restored my files from the back up, a few files I made 2-3 weeks before I sent my laptop in didnt show up, I did turn on ''show hidden items"/searched them by name in file...
  8. how do you restore a file history backup on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how do you restore a file history backup on windows 10: [ATTACH] what a mess! first there's this article, which isn't that old, which is apparently the 'missing manual': https://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-correctly-use-file-history-to-transfer-data-files-to-a-new-windows-10-installation/ And that does not even...
  9. Restore ALL files from file backup (Windows 10)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Restore ALL files from file backup (Windows 10): So I just got a new computer, and I'm attempting to migrate all my files from the old computer's hard drive to the new one. So I'll list what I have tried so far: System Image Backup: I made a system image backup of my old hard drive using the built-in Windows tool,...
  10. How to restore uncorrupted files from backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore uncorrupted files from backup?: Hi all, Hoping for a bit of advice regarding using backups to restore data. I have recently had a partial HDD failure on my data drive, it is not fully backed up but my essentials are. I am currently xcopying the contents to a replacement HDD (which seems like it is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to recall backup data in windowsphone