Windows 10: Windows 10: How to change where certain files are saved?

Discus and support Windows 10: How to change where certain files are saved? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I did a full restart of my laptop a while ago and so everything was reverted back to factory settings, I guess. But for some reason, when I save things... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by medleyluna, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Windows 10: How to change where certain files are saved?

I did a full restart of my laptop a while ago and so everything was reverted back to factory settings, I guess. But for some reason, when I save things like .rar files, it saves them in a weird location (This PC > Local Disk (CWindows 10: How to change where certain files are saved? :) > Users > Me > AppData > Local > Temp). I want them to save to the Downloads folder.

:)

medleyluna, Jul 16, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Jerry8A Win User
    Recent (Save Files) - Change Default Settings to OneDrive

Hello -
    Thanks for the return. Before I undertake changing the Registry, I have a question.
    The steps in my Registry, for my version of Windows 10, were a bit different, but I think I eventually got to the right spot.
    The last step is to change the number of places you want to list in Recent Places. In my case, the default Max Display listed 50 as the number. So, if I were to change that number, how do I know the Save As page will be one of those places? Or, a similar question, will this registry change delete the tab Recent from my Save As page? This is what I would like to happen.
    When I received my computer in Nov. 2016, the Recent tab was not listed in the Save As page. Something caused it to be added over time. Which brings me to this second question. Would there be any benefit in deleting the changed registry listing and reverting back to the default listing? See attachment.
    Jerry

Jerry8A, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Tatty_One Win User

Windows 10: How to change where certain files are saved?

Saves log files ?

You can either read the files in Windows or my preferred method is.....

Download CCcleaner from here...........

CCleaner Professional | Try the world’s most trusted PC cleaner, free!

You can then run cleaner, you will see the log files listed, then if you right click you can save as a text file and then have a read. You may also get an "error reporting" log listed seperatly.

Tatty_One, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: How to change where certain files are saved?

1. Windows 10: How to change where certain files are saved? - Similar Threads - change where certain

2. How to save certain image for certain theme?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to save certain image for certain theme?: Suppose I have created two custom themes: Theme1 and Theme2. And also I have two images: Img1 and Img2. Now I want to set Img1 as a lock screen wallpaper for Theme1 and Img2 for Theme2. How can I do that? Is it real to do so?...
  3. How to save certain image for certain theme?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to save certain image for certain theme?: Suppose I have created two custom themes: Theme1 and Theme2. And also I have two images: Img1 and Img2. Now I want to set Img1 as a lock screen wallpaper for Theme1 and Img2 for Theme2. How can I do that? Is it real to do so?...
  4. How to save certain image for certain theme?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Not able to change where program files are saved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Not able to change where program files are saved: I'm not able to change where my Program files save location. I've tried multiple tutorials and none of them seem to work. Also this might be linked to the problem; in Registry editor at the Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Windows\CurrentVersion thing I don't have alot of...
  6. How to change where my screenshots are saved to?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change where my screenshots are saved to?: Hey reddit! I hate having to click on the popup that comes up everytime a take a screenshot with the snipping tool so I searched up how to take a quick ss. So, I tried using it and it just saves them all to my desktop. I absolutley hate this because I CAN NOT have a messy...
  7. changing where apps are saved

changing where apps are saved: when I try to download games the option to download in to my hard drive is not working when it redirects me to storage settings and gives me the option to change where content is saved I change apps to my hard drive it then says that I have files from another device on my...
  8. changing where programs get saved on file explorer.

changing where programs get saved on file explorer.: as it stand by default 'Program Files along with 'Program Files(x86) get saved under the 'windows (c:)' drive, how is it/ or is it possible to change there locations to something like say a 'external hard drive (D:) [ATTACH]...
  9. change where content is saved

change where content is saved: I install a second hard drive that is recognize be the system, but under "change where content is saved" does not give me the option to choose this drive that is listed as D:. Is formatted as NTFS If I plug an external hard drive I will get the option to saved in it...
  10. Minecraft windows 10, how to change where worlds are saved.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Minecraft windows 10, how to change where worlds are saved.: I was wondering if there was is a way to chance where my worlds save. Specifically if I can change it from my c drive to another drive....