Windows 10: Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile

Discus and support Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My oldest son would like to give my youngest son his Windows 10 laptop, but he doesn't want the younger son to use his user profile. Because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KofiMc, Sep 6, 2020.

1. KofiMc Win User

Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile

My oldest son would like to give my youngest son his Windows 10 laptop, but he doesn't want the younger son to use his user profile. Because the current user profile has all the software, links, etc. that the younger one needs, I would like to make a duplicate user profile and then remove the original user profile. Which is the best way to do this? Thanks!

:)

KofiMc, Sep 6, 2020
  2. Uptime73 Win User

copying profiles in Vista Home Premium

Hello all. i have Windows Vista Home Premium SP1. I have one user profile "Andy". I would like to copy this profile to a new profile called "Andrew" and then delete the "Andy" profile.

I tried to create the Andrew profile through user accounts in control panel, but sometimes the 'Andrew' user doesn't show up in the users folder, and sometimes there's a TEMP folder instead. When I fo into the Andrew user account, it says

Your user profile was not loaded correctly! You have been logged on with the default profile for the system. Please see the event log for details or contact youru administrator"

What steps do i need to take to create the user profile for "Andrew", copy the "Andy" profile into the "Andrew" user file, and delete the "Andy" profile? I read where you should disable UAC and i have tried that, but to no advail. Also, do I need to enable the built in administrator? Thanks for you help.

- Josh

Uptime73, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    migrate user profile

Hi Adeel,

For us to better understand the problem and provide you the best resolution, please clarify the following:

• What do you mean when you mentioned domain user profile?
    • Are you trying to copy a local user profile to a domain account?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Regards.

Rose Ter, Sep 6, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Brink, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - How to copy 1 user profile to a new user profile - Similar Threads - copy user profile

2. New User Profile

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  3. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New User Profile: My user profile linked to my Microsoft account appears to be corrupted.How can I create a new user profile linked to the same Microsoft account without removing the corrupted profile?Mohan...
  4. New User Profile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  6. Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted User 1 of 2 User Profiles.: Win 11 Pro. I have had 2 User Profiles and the important one, of course, was accidentally deleted. Microsoft says there's nothing they can do. I can recover most files with Carbonite, but not the apps., etc. Is there any person or business that could help? Thanks....
  7. Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copy Users Profile All Users and Default User: How to copy All Users and Default User from C drive to D drive?All Users and Default User seems to be shortcut icon https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copy-users-profile-all-users-and-default-user/e94bb39f-d648-4b2e-a930-a7aea4c158e2
  8. Windows 10 Laptop - How do I copy an existing user profile to a new user profile and remove...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Laptop - How do I copy an existing user profile to a new user profile and remove...: My oldest son would like to give my youngest son his Windows 10 laptop, but he doesn't want the younger son to use his user profile. Because the current user profile has all the software, links, etc. that the younger one needs, I would like to make a duplicate user profile...
  9. Copy user profile and settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Copy user profile and settings: Ok everyone here is my problem. The original 1809 update caused my Xbox live to stop working on this profile only. I can get it working again if I create a new user profile but all my files and settings, etc. are under my old profile (windows/users/Mike). I would like to...
  10. How to fix corrupt user profile by copying the new profile to it?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to fix corrupt user profile by copying the new profile to it?: Just did a clean install of Windows 10 (Pro), installed all the updates, but my Start Menu is broken - when you start typing in the search box, it shows no results, if I type "Settings", nothing comes up, if I type "Word", nothing gets there. Curiously, if I type the full...