Windows 10: Windows 10 - How to default to user login screen when turn on

Discus and support Windows 10 - How to default to user login screen when turn on in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Hello, Im using Windows 10. The original admin user has no password. I created another user, with password. When I turn on my laptop, I am... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Vokofe, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Vokofe Win User

Windows 10 - How to default to user login screen when turn on

Hello,

Im using Windows 10.

The original admin user has no password.

I created another user, with password.

When I turn on my laptop, I am expecting it to show me the user profile screen, which ask me to choose user,

but it didn't. It just auto login to admin.

How do I change this?

Thanks in advance

:)

Vokofe, Feb 5, 2020
  2. Flissa Win User

Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

Here is a screenshot of my two user accounts showing two different icons. When I login to either account the icon shows on welcome, login. lock, switch user and any other screen where users appear. Dont know much about png etc so never touched those files. I have found many things changed in Win10 from Win7. All I can say is my user icons are the way I want them and I changed them using the method I suggested. Sorry I cant solve your problem but I'm sure someone on this site will eventually come up with a better answer than me. Regards .

Windows 10 - How to default to user login screen when turn on [​IMG]

Flissa, Feb 5, 2020
  3. usgrcm Win User
    Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

This is not the Logged in User Icon, this is the Default user or "Other User" Screen

Windows 10 - How to default to user login screen when turn on [​IMG]

On Windows 7, this was modified with the AUTHUI.DLL. Doing the above steps of modifying the User-XXX.png files has no affect

usgrcm, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Ender Win User

Setting the default input method for the Windows 10 login screen

I had the same question but with French being the default on Windows 10 rather than the one I wanted so I ended up here.

HoD is very close. I was able to use his suggestion to find the solution for me. This solution uses your current display and input language to change the Welcome screen and possible for new user accounts if you want. So make sure you have the display and input settings while logged in that you want to apply to the login screen before doing the steps:

1. Click the language on the Taskbar.
    2. Then click Language preferences.
    3. At the bottom under "Related settings," click "additional date, time, & regional settings" which opens the control panel
    4. Click the "Region" option
    5. Then go to the far right tab "Administrative". (HoD's step 2)
    6. In the "Welcome screen and new user accounts" click copy settings. (HoD's step 3)
    7. Tick "Welcome screen and system accounts" (and "new user accounts" if you want it to be applied to those as well). (HoD's step 4)
    8. Click Ok. (HoD's step 5)

I was able to use HoD's suggestion to find the solution here. It's for Windows 8.1, but works on 10 so far.

Hope it will help you, too!

Ender, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 - How to default to user login screen when turn on - Similar Threads - default user login

2. Windows 10 user login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Windows 10 user login screen: I don't have a power button in bottom right corner, so I can't enter the safety mode or anything else, I need help badly 171590
  3. Windows 10 user login screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 user login screen: I don't have a power button in bottom right corner, so I can't enter the safety mode or anything else, I need help badly 171590
  4. Default user account logo blurred out in Windows 10 login screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Default user account logo blurred out in Windows 10 login screen: I recently updated my windows 10 from version 1903 to 2004, and after the update, the default user logo on the login screen of my appears to be blurred with jagged edges even after several restarts. Is this a bug in the update? [ATTACH]...
  5. Windows 10 stuck at user login screen?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10 stuck at user login screen?: I have a Surface Book 3 with Windows 10. Everything was fine yesterday, when I last used it. When I opened my laptop today, it first displayed the black loading screen with the windows icon, then cut to what would be the login screen, with my name and the white loading symbol...
  6. Windows 10 user settings login screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 user settings login screen: Hi, I'm using a multi-user windows machine where every user uses a different keyboard layout. When a user has used the device and is logges off, their keyboard layout remains even when you click on another user to log in. This is a problem. One user uses a belgian dutch...
  7. login screen user accont in windows 10

login screen user accont in windows 10: I would like to display one of the existing domain user accounts that used the computer so far instead of the last user account. is there a script or settings to do it?...
  8. Not showing windows 10 user login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Not showing windows 10 user login screen: Windows 10 user login screen is not shown https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-showing-windows-10-user-login-screen/75908a1f-a475-46c0-8412-1f7f30d7f306
  9. Windows 10 starts up requesting login to default user

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 starts up requesting login to default user: I have Windows 10 Pro, x-64, on a refurbished Dell desktop - after upgrading from version 1803 to version 1809, it started trying, after powering up, to log into the default (admin) user account, which cannot really be done, so it says wrong password, and I have to click on...
  10. Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?

Is it possible to modify the default User Icon on the login screen?: Hi everyone, Sorry if this has already been asked, new to the site so haven't had time to dig around for it. I was wondering if it was possible to change the icon for the Default user account at the login screen. I know in the past you could "hack" the authui.dll on Windows 7...