Windows 10: Windows 10 How to dim display

Discus and support Windows 10 How to dim display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to figure out how to set my screen to dim after x time idle but I'm not seeing a way to accomplish this. Super annoying as my screensaver is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DementedDoll6, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 How to dim display

Trying to figure out how to set my screen to dim after x time idle but I'm not seeing a way to accomplish this. Super annoying as my screensaver is the same brightness as my active screen at night. The old "dim after" power settings under display no longer exist. Windows 10 How to dim display b1a3e491-3efd-45eb-b873-179c3e60a0f8?upload=true.png

:)

DementedDoll6, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Screen Display Dim

Since I updated to the new windows 10 version, my display is quite dim. I go into settings to adjust it and it will not let me. The brightness is at full and the screen is at about 20%.

Suggestions to fix?

Jason (live.com#azpd3189), Oct 17, 2020
  4. bobah083 Win User

Windows 10 How to dim display

display dimming

I recently bought amoled tv LG 55 c6v. Windows now dims display after some very short period of inactivity. Regular "shut off display after 10 min" is not affected.

Problem is - it only counts mouse clicks as activity, and not even all of them, could not figure out the pattern.

And time before dimming is very short, like 1-2 minutes.

So, while i type the message in some forum(my browser is chrome, just in case), it dims the display. Annoying as hell.

Some apps also forbid the dimming, like movie-player or games.

There is no display dimming options in my "advanced power settings".

the question is - how to disable the dimming?

bobah083, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 How to dim display

1. Windows 10 How to dim display - Similar Threads - dim display

2. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?: My extended display monitor is dimmed. It was just working fine a few days ago and then today the brightness won’t adjust. I’ve tried rollbacks, I’ve tried different plugs, and I’ve tried different applications. Nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me what to do?...
  3. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?: My extended display monitor is dimmed. It was just working fine a few days ago and then today the brightness won’t adjust. I’ve tried rollbacks, I’ve tried different plugs, and I’ve tried different applications. Nothing has worked. Can someone please tell me what to do?...
  4. Why is my extended display dimmed on this specific monitor?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?

My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?: I accidentally uninstalled one of my 2 GPUs in device manager and haven’t seen it return in the list even after installing drivers from AMD and resetting my PC entirely. When it would dim, sometimes even using the function brighten key on the keyboard wouldn’t work. It would...
  6. My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop keeps self dimming the display every 5 seconds?: I accidentally uninstalled one of my 2 GPUs in device manager and haven’t seen it return in the list even after installing drivers from AMD and resetting my PC entirely. When it would dim, sometimes even using the function brighten key on the keyboard wouldn’t work. It would...
  7. Windows 11 Pro, updates KB5030310, KB5031354 - causing dim display.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro, updates KB5030310, KB5031354 - causing dim display.: System information:OS: Windows 11 ProMotherboard: ASUS Prime X470 ProCPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950XGFX: AMD Radeon RX580RAM: 64GBMonitor: LG 27UL850PC has functioned perfectly until install of recent Win11 updates.KB5030310:After install 26.09.2023, image on monitor became dim,...
  8. Windows 11 Pro, updates KB5030310, KB5031354 - causing dim display.

Windows 11 Pro, updates KB5030310, KB5031354 - causing dim display.: System information:OS: Windows 11 ProMotherboard: ASUS Prime X470 ProCPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950XGFX: AMD Radeon RX580RAM: 64GBMonitor: LG 27UL850PC has functioned perfectly until install of recent Win11 updates.KB5030310:After install 26.09.2023, image on monitor became dim,...
  9. How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after installing the update the screen was instantly dimmed. Luckily I was able to power off the monitor and then powering on the computer monitor made the screen return to normal. I had installed all the latest drivers for an AMD Radeon...
  10. How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?

How do I easily stop my display from dimming after installing Windows 11?: I recently upgraded to Windows 11 and after installing the update the screen was instantly dimmed. Luckily I was able to power off the monitor and then powering on the computer monitor made the screen return to normal. I had installed all the latest drivers for an AMD Radeon...