Windows 10: Windows 10 How to dim display

Discus and support Windows 10 How to dim display in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to figure out how to set my screen to dim after x time idle but I'm not seeing a way to accomplish this. Super annoying as my screensaver is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DementedDoll6, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Windows 10 How to dim display

Trying to figure out how to set my screen to dim after x time idle but I'm not seeing a way to accomplish this. Super annoying as my screensaver is the same brightness as my active screen at night. The old "dim after" power settings under display no longer exist. Windows 10 How to dim display b1a3e491-3efd-45eb-b873-179c3e60a0f8?upload=true.png

:)

DementedDoll6, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Joan Pin Win User

display dimming

Hi,

There's a possibility that this issue is due to the Display settings of your device. For us to isolate your concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Is it only happening when you connect your device to Windows 10?
    • If it's not connected, have you noticed certain activities wherein the screen dims automatically?
    • Have you tried using a different HDMI cable?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Joan Pin, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Screen Display Dim

Since I updated to the new windows 10 version, my display is quite dim. I go into settings to adjust it and it will not let me. The brightness is at full and the screen is at about 20%.

Suggestions to fix?

Jason (live.com#azpd3189), Oct 17, 2020
  4. bobah083 Win User

Windows 10 How to dim display

display dimming

I recently bought amoled tv LG 55 c6v. Windows now dims display after some very short period of inactivity. Regular "shut off display after 10 min" is not affected.

Problem is - it only counts mouse clicks as activity, and not even all of them, could not figure out the pattern.

And time before dimming is very short, like 1-2 minutes.

So, while i type the message in some forum(my browser is chrome, just in case), it dims the display. Annoying as hell.

Some apps also forbid the dimming, like movie-player or games.

There is no display dimming options in my "advanced power settings".

the question is - how to disable the dimming?

bobah083, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 How to dim display

1. Windows 10 How to dim display - Similar Threads - dim display

2. After update to build 19041.508, Windows 10 Screen Saver displays pictures dimmed instead...

in Windows 10 Customization
    After update to build 19041.508, Windows 10 Screen Saver displays pictures dimmed instead...: There are no settings that I can find for the brightness or dimming effects for the screen saver. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-update-to-build-19041508-windows-10-screen/5dd72b42-a19c-49f5-bca9-899fc3d53181
  3. Screen auto dims when display is dark

Screen auto dims when display is dark: Hi! I've had this issue and tried every single fix, yet nothing has worked. Recently bought a HP laptop model: 15s-fq1002na and I've noticed it has this annoying auto dimming feature. When the screen is light ie on a white webpage the screen is bright. When I switch to a...
  4. Display stays dim after last update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display stays dim after last update: Hi I just updated the Windows 10 to the 2004 version but now my screen is very dim. When I go to displays it does not show the option to change the brightness as it did before. The device manager says the Intel HD Family driver is blocked. What can I do to change this...
  5. laptop display can't increase brightness -- very dim. But display driver can power external...

laptop display can't increase brightness -- very dim. But display driver can power external...: I have a new Lenovo laptop purchased for my wife for Christmas 2019 and in the past week the screen went so dim that you only can see the white boxes for login. The HDMI port sends, so I can use an external monitor. It only as AMD Radeon R5 TM Graphics, so I assume that...
  6. April '20, Windows 10 Screen on battery keeps brightening/dimming. In advanced display...

April '20, Windows 10 Screen on battery keeps brightening/dimming. In advanced display...: Hello Community, I have kept my Windows 10 Laptop Lenovo legion Y740 up to date with regards to system software updates. The problem of the screen auto dimming and brightening still persists, although it happens only when I'mon battery , and does not happen when plugged in....
  7. How do I stop my display from adaptive dimming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop my display from adaptive dimming?: Okay so first of all, this JUST started happening after I accidentally pressed some keys on my keyboard (which i forgot) when I go into control panel I cant find the option to disable it and I honestly dont know what to do.. i have a gaming pc i built not a laptop submitted...
  8. Display turning off or going dim after being Idle

in Windows 10 Support
    Display turning off or going dim after being Idle: This has just recently started happening and i've noticed it only happens if i'm idle while playing games. I have my laptop set to never sleep or hibernate. I have screen saver off. The display doesn't always just go to a black screen sometimes it'll just dim until I move the...
  9. Display dims on battery power

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display dims on battery power: No matter how many settings I tweak, I cannot get the display on my laptop to remain bright if I unplug it. It dims to an unacceptable level Any suggestions on how to fix this would be welcomed. Thanks...
  10. Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Dim on Waking (Windows 10 HDR Only): My 4k HDR monitor (LG 32UD99-W) is always dim when it is awakened from a sleep state. This is only fixed (temporarily) by selecting a different display mode on the monitor and then re-selecting the original display mode, or by de-activating and re-activating HDR in Windows....