Windows 10: Windows 10 - How to disable looking for Work or School accounts during login?

Discus and support Windows 10 - How to disable looking for Work or School accounts during login? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I had to reinstall Windows 10. During reinstall I deleted Microsoft accounts was using the local accounts (for a specific reason). Even though I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DeepalMoonesinghe, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Windows 10 - How to disable looking for Work or School accounts during login?

I had to reinstall Windows 10. During reinstall I deleted Microsoft accounts was using the local accounts (for a specific reason).

Even though I can login with my previously created local accounts. . Only account I can login without hassle is my local administrator account.

Whenever I use any other id that existed before reinstall it is constantly trying to force me to use the 'work or school account' to login. Even thought I have deleted the Microsoft Accounts during reinstall. So something else in the registry settings from before seems to want to steer me towards Microsoft accounts.

If I go to netplwiz with my local admin account I no longer see my Microsoft accounts any longer. Just the local accounts. Yet Windows 10 login prompt automatically steers me to login with 'Work or School Account'. I even deleted the local accounts that I had before and created a new local account. Windows 10 still doesn't like when I use a local account except for the admin account. It defaults to asking for a 'Office or Work account'.

Specifically I am looking to hear what in the registry settings that I may need to change.

Old directions were:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/removing-a-microsoft-account-from-a-windows-10/ff7246e8-aedb-4b84-933f-a15448d8748e

:)

DeepalMoonesinghe, Nov 29, 2019

2. Unable to login to PC using Deleted School email account

Hi Michel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when you are unable to access the PC using the university account.

1. Do you have any other user account configured on the PC?
    2. Were you able to login using the new Microsoft account previously?
    3. Did you purchase the Windows 10 license from Microsoft store?

As you have mentioned that the school email account have been deleted, in that case you may not be able to login to the PC using the same password.

Also, if you have purchased the license from Microsoft store then I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Microsoft Accounts & Billing support team.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 29, 2019
  3. AJKari Win User
    Work School account

We have domain joined computers running windows 10.

The office 365 account is synced with AD and the Office account password gets updated from the DC AD

Every 3 month, the password policy requires users to reset their password.

When users reset their password, outlook requests to update the password since it's sync with AD

When entering the new password in outlook, Windows 10 automatically signs in to work school account

When this happens, all microsoft suite products stop working and get stuck in an endless loop of sign in.

When this issue happens, we have to login to every computer and sign out the work school account.

Is there a way to stop this from happening? Can I block the work school sign in?

Number of users: 300

Office license: Business Premium

AJKari, Nov 29, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - How to disable looking for Work or School accounts during login?

2 school accounts

Hello Harry,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

If you are facing issues with syncing data of OneDrive from your School account, then I suggest you to follow the steps to

fix OneDrive sync problems

However, if you want to add your School’s OneDrive account to your Windows 10 computer, then please follow the steps

how do I merge my personal and school Microsoft accounts?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 29, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - How to disable looking for Work or School accounts during login?

1. Windows 10 - How to disable looking for Work or School accounts during login? - Similar Threads - disable looking School

2. Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup: I reset my hp laptop ready to sell it to my brother used for last 3 years myself as a personal laptop and on restart and setup it asked for his wifi so he entered his home shell energy wifi router password, then it said the dreaded: sign in to work or school account but this...
  3. Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup: I reset my hp laptop ready to sell it to my brother used for last 3 years myself as a personal laptop and on restart and setup it asked for his wifi so he entered his home shell energy wifi router password, then it said the dreaded: sign in to work or school account but this...
  4. Work or school account disables Defender

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work or school account disables Defender: When I add a work or school account to Windows, I lose access to microsoft defender antivirus. Virus and Threat protection is not accessible any more....
  5. Work or school account disables Defender

Work or school account disables Defender: When I add a work or school account to Windows, I lose access to microsoft defender antivirus. Virus and Threat protection is not accessible any more....
  6. Work or school account disables Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. How to Delete a disabled school Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Delete a disabled school Microsoft account: This account doesn't have admin privileges.I was given this school account to use applications for my schooling, and it has now been revoked.I wish to remove this account but I'm unable to sign in since it no longer exists This username may be incorrect. Make sure that you...
  8. How to Delete a disabled school Microsoft account

How to Delete a disabled school Microsoft account: This account doesn't have admin privileges.I was given this school account to use applications for my schooling, and it has now been revoked.I wish to remove this account but I'm unable to sign in since it no longer exists This username may be incorrect. Make sure that you...
  9. Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup: Hi, I have been having this problem for months and communicating with Microsoft support, without much luck.When I do a completely fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro or Windows 10 Pro, including completely wiping my hard drives, I am forced to log in with a work or school...
  10. Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup

Forced to sign in to work or school account during setup: Hi, I have been having this problem for months and communicating with Microsoft support, without much luck.When I do a completely fresh installation of Windows 11 Pro or Windows 10 Pro, including completely wiping my hard drives, I am forced to log in with a work or school...