Windows 10: Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in.

Discus and support Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi. I just updated my windows 10 last night as it said support for my version of windows 10 was about to run out and I had to restart my computer for... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by nathan_michelle, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in.

Hi.
    I just updated my windows 10 last night as it said support for my version of windows 10 was about to run out and I had to restart my computer for updates. No big deal I thought.
    I let the updates happen.

I'm now on version 10.0.18363 Build 18363. First log in, no problem. Got on the computer. Put the computer into sleep mode and came back to get back on my computer and log in and then it says I need to set a Pin for Windows Hello, as its 'easier' than to put in your password.

Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in. 4f16d6a7-716e-4ad1-a992-77b7a98d5258?upload=true.png

Is there a way around this?
    I did get back to the desktop on my laptop. I had to restart my computer which overrides the passwords altogether.

I tried to do the directions on your support site https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4468253/windows-10-sign-in-options-and-privacy#managehello and since I never had the hello pin set up, I can't disable it. It tries to have me set up the Pin and then say that my account requires it.

Is there a way to work around or disable this?

Thank you for taking time to answer my question.

:)

nathan_michelle, Mar 13, 2020

2. Disable Sign In PIN

Hello,

You can also disable PIN using registry. Try these steps:

1. Open Registry Editor.
    2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\System.
    3. Set AllowDomainPINLogon to 0.
    4. Close Registry Editor and reboot your system.

Hope this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Log-in Pin is incorrect after Anniversary update

I had the same issue after my update on Windows 10. I knew that my pin hadn't changed but it was saying it was incorrect. So I said that I forgot my pin and it started going through the steps to reset the pin entered my regular password and when the window popped up to set a new pin I said cancel and then I chose the option to set my pin later. I exited the screen, logged off logged back in, and set up a new pin which happened to be the same pin I had before and it worked. If this still doesn't work I can show step by step screen shots if you need. I have a surface 3 with Windows 10 fully updated 10.0.14393.0

mattman565, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in.

Disabling User Passwords Disables PIN and Hello?

Hello Eric,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft community and welcome to the windows 10 Family.

From the description provided, I understand that the sign in option is not working after you disabled the option for PIN input for password.

At this point, I would suggest you to deploy the
    System Restore option in Windows.

This option takes your PC back to an earlier point in time, called a system restore point. Restore points are generated when you install a new app, driver, or Windows update, and when you

create a restore point manually
    . Restoring won’t affect your personal files, but it will remove apps, drivers, and updates installed after the restore point was made.

• Right-click (or press and hold) the Start button, and then select Control Panel.

• Search Control Panel for Recovery.

• Select Recovery > Open System Restore > Next.

• Choose the restore point related to the problematic app, driver, or update, and then select
      Next > Finish.

In order to disable the PIN sign in option in Windows 10, refer to the below steps.

Step 1: Access PC settings and open
    Users and accounts

Step 2: Select Sign-in options and tap the
    Remove
    button under PIN.

Note: you can navigate to the same path in order to re-enable the PIN.

Hope the above information is helpful. If you need further assistance, we would be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in.

1. Windows 10 How to Disable Pin on log in. - Similar Threads - Disable Pin log

2. How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.: I have set up a new Windows 10 computer and I want to get rid of the need to log in with the PIN every time I start up.My steps so far: Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. On the "Sign-in options" window I turn off the slider for "Require Windows Hello sign-in for...
  3. How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.: I have set up a new Windows 10 computer and I want to get rid of the need to log in with the PIN every time I start up.My steps so far: Start > Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options. On the "Sign-in options" window I turn off the slider for "Require Windows Hello sign-in for...
  4. How to disable PIN screen when logging in to Windows 10.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to disable pin and password when I logging to Windows?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable pin and password when I logging to Windows?: After clean install windows said I must set pin and password but I not need this. Pls help. submitted by /u/tygrys10s [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l1uhwh/how_to_disable_pin_and_password_when_i_logging_to/
  6. Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever

in Windows 10 Customization
    Disable PIN and Microsoft log in. Forever: I'm using my computers in an isolated environment, so there is absolutely no threat of somebody else accessing my devices. Yet, every time windows starts it prompts me to log in to Microsoft account, after this bugs me to create a PIN. I need a way to disable the PIN...
  7. How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to disable log-in in Windows 10 Education: Hello I am using Windows 10 Education, provided by my college. Disabling log-on page option seems to be hidden that I cannot do it in regular ways suggested in existing posts. The reason of the disabling is: startup programs start running after the log-on. I usually turn...
  8. Can't disable/remove PIN for logging into Windows 10 v1903

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't disable/remove PIN for logging into Windows 10 v1903: Hi, It's been quite sometime and I've tried many ways to disable the PIN but I can't. 1. I removed the logging in password, and now my PC log in screen shows two log in methods, [password and PIN] clicking on password automatically logs me into the windows while...
  9. How to disable Window 10 PIN login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to disable Window 10 PIN login: I accidentally left my Surface Pro 5 at the airport and it was stolen earlier in the week. Is there any to disable the 4 digit PIN password? I am concerned that the person who stole it can simple try all combinations 0000-9999 and will eventually get into my computer. I...
  10. how to disable the necessity of logging in with PIN to use computer

in Windows 10 Support
    how to disable the necessity of logging in with PIN to use computer: SOLVED, THANK YOU. I do not wish to have the added security of having to log in with a PIN every time before I can access the use of my computer, as was the case with Windows 7. So, I would like to disable this feature. As I am not particularly tech-savvy, I need help from...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wingow pin

2. windows 10 ltsc disabled pin login