Windows 10: WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut

Discus and support WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/InformedChoice [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/InformedChoice, Nov 8, 2021.

1. WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut

/u/InformedChoice, Nov 8, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Nov 8, 2021
  3. Keyboard shortcuts, Windows 10

There is a shortcut (Alt + Shift) which changes the keyboard say from English (United Kingdom) to English (United States) and vice versa. I play a game which involves using the Alt and Shift keys during gameplay. Later when I am using a text editor like
    say Notepad, after typing for a while (one finger typing so I need to look at the keyboard when typing) I look at the screen and find some of the characters are incorrect. While playing the game it has changed my selected keyboard setting.

My question is can I disable the Alt + Shift shortcut?

Stuart.Smith, Nov 8, 2021
  4. Tesstula Win User

WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut

List custom keyboard shortcuts - Alt + Shift + T

Hello,
    I found a VERY useful thread from cniggeler with a script by Frederik Long - hoping they'll get tagged here somehow, since I can't ping either of them directly; the script is below. I ran it successfully, but it found nothing. I've got a keyboard shortcut
    for Alt + Shift + T on one of my laptops that is pulling up some screen-shot tool that I've never used before instead of the menu access for a different software that works on every other device I use.

So, does the script below work for any keyboard shortcut combo or is there some reference to the OP's Ctrl+Alt+U hotkey shortcut?

More simply, anyone have any idea what screen-shot snipping tool is using Alt+Shift+T? I've googled it to frustration, hence this question.

Thanks for any helpful guidance.

Code:
    '--------------------------------------

'Recursively find the Ctrl+Alt+U hotkey

'6 Sep 2019 FNL

'--------------------------------------

Set oFSO = CreateObject("Scripting.Filesystemobject")

Set oWshShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")

sStart = oWshShell.ExpandEnvironmentStrings("%UserProfile%\Desktop")

bFound = False

Process sStart

If Not bFound Then MsgBox "Sorry, no shortcut found containing this hotkey", 48

Sub Process(sFolder)

    For Each oFile In oFSO.GetFolder(sFolder).Files

        If LCase(Right(oFile.Name, 4)) = ".lnk" Then

            Set oLink = oFSO.OpenTextFile(oFile.Path)

            sData = oLink.Read(70)

            If Mid(sData, 65,1) = Chr(85) And Mid(sData, 66,1) = Chr(6) Then

                MsgBox oFile.Path, 64, "Shortcut finder"

                bFound = True

            End If

        End if

    Next

    

    For Each oFldr In oFSO.GetFolder(sFolder).SubFolders

        Process oFldr.Path

    Next

End Sub

Tesstula, Nov 8, 2021
Thema:

WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut

1. WINDOWS 10 - How To DISABLE The ALT+SHIFT Keyboard Shortcut - Similar Threads - DISABLE ALT+SHIFT Keyboard

2. How do I disable the Alt+Shift shortcut that changes screen settings in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I disable the Alt+Shift shortcut that changes screen settings in windows 10?: I do not know why this setting exists, or who changes their screen settings so much that they required it to be bound to its own shortcut, but it has been a great deal of unmeasurable irritation over the last few months. Every time I accidentally hit this cursed combination I...
  3. How do I disable the Alt+Shift shortcut that changes screen settings in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable the Alt+Shift shortcut that changes screen settings in windows 10?: I do not know why this setting exists, or who changes their screen settings so much that they required it to be bound to its own shortcut, but it has been a great deal of unmeasurable irritation over the last few months. Every time I accidentally hit this cursed combination I...
  4. How do I disable the Alt+Shift shortcut that changes screen settings in windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut: I am currently trying Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and gestures. Shift+Alt++ does not resize the lens and I have read on this forum that its been removed. Is there a reason why it still exists on the Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and touch gestures page?...
  6. Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not Working: Magnifier Shift + Alt + Arrow Keyboard Shortcut: I am currently trying Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and gestures. Shift+Alt++ does not resize the lens and I have read on this forum that its been removed. Is there a reason why it still exists on the Magnifier keyboard shortcuts and touch gestures page?...
  7. Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hi there. I wonder, how do I disable the "ctrl + shift/alt+shift" shortcut to switch...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LASLOW01 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e9dsn9/hi_there_i_wonder_how_do_i_disable_the_ctrl/
  8. Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift

Disable keyboard list window when pressing alt + shift: Hi, recently I installed newest windows update (1903). Until this version when I changed keyboard (alt + shift) it didn't appear on screen, but now it does. How can I disable that window? See photo. [IMG] Thanks, Adrian...
  9. Disable Shift+Ctrl+S windows 10 Home keyboard shortcut

Disable Shift+Ctrl+S windows 10 Home keyboard shortcut: How do I disable Shift+Ctrl+S hotkey in Windows 10 home version? When pressed a red right angle appears. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-shiftctrls-windows-10-home-keyboard/7c74145f-d106-40c6-8172-c03a58d6fc6e
  10. can't disable alt shift

can't disable alt shift: hello, I want to disable alt shift, but the language tab in control center is gone. does anyone know a solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/cant-disable-alt-shift/89019076-3622-4ee4-af02-2b76a031980d