Windows 10: Windows 10 - How to Display Time, Weekday and Date in Taskbar

Discus and support Windows 10 - How to Display Time, Weekday and Date in Taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I want my Windows 10 to display Time, Weekday and Date in Taskbar. For years I'm struggling with this issue, and can not make Win10 to work as it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MiodragJovanovic1, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Windows 10 - How to Display Time, Weekday and Date in Taskbar

I want my Windows 10 to display Time, Weekday and Date in Taskbar.

For years I'm struggling with this issue, and can not make Win10 to work as it should.

Today you have to be a programmer for Win10 to even try and make it work, but in the end Windows bug prevails. I can't belive that Microsoft didn't already resolve this issue.

After searching internet for years, I found that for me best formats for Date and Time should be like this:

• Short time: HH:mm
    • Long time: h:mm:ss tt
    • Short date: dddd, dd-MM-yy
    • Long date: dddd, MMMM d, yyyy

When I first set it up like this, it was great. I saw the Time in the first row above, and in the second row I could see Weekday and Date inside a Taskbar. Thats what I wanted, and it worked.

1 day later, Windows 10 decided by itself to remove the second row and to show me only Time, and to display the rest on hover.

Please Microsoft, provide me with an answer how can I set Time, Weekday and Date to be fixed inside a Taskbar at all times? Yes, to see it there even tomorrow!

:)

MiodragJovanovic1, Nov 25, 2020

2. Taskbar clock no longer shows the date, just the time

I booted up my computer today, and noticed that the taskbar clock was only showing the time, not the date and time like it used to.

I want the weekday to show in the taskbar clock, so I've had this custom short date format since the beginning: "ddd d.M.yyyy".

I started to investigate, and apparently Windows has all of a sudden decided that it no longer wants to display this custom date format I have set up. Apparently it now thinks it's too long. If I remove the weekday ("ddd") from the date format, it does displays
    the date along with the time.

How can this be fixed so that I can see the weekday too?

John McDoe, Nov 25, 2020
  3. display date and time on the taskbar for Windows 10

How can I display the date and time on the taskbar for Windows 10?

rosellenmcmahon, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Windows 10 - How to Display Time, Weekday and Date in Taskbar

Display Time and Date on Task Bar?

Hi Richard,

There are several reasons that can cause this issue you are experiencing. One of these is the date option is disabled in settings. For us to isolate your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit Start, type
      Winver, and then press Enter. You could also press
      Windows Key + R, type Winver into the Run dialog, and press
      Enter.
    • Can you tell us if there are any changes made on your computer before this issue occurred?
    • Did you have any third party mouse-related applications installed?

Furthermore, we suggest that you check if the date and time option is enabled. Here are the steps:

• Right-click on the Taskbar.
    • Click Properties.
    • Select Use Small Taskbar Buttons.
    • Click on Apply and then OK.
    • Now check if that display the date with the time on the notification area.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 - How to Display Time, Weekday and Date in Taskbar

1. Windows 10 - How to Display Time, Weekday and Date in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Display Weekday Date

2. Displaying Date on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Displaying Date on Taskbar: I just wanted to correct some information that independent and microsoft employees are advising on the solution to this problem. There is not just two ways to display the date on taskbar. Assuming you are using the taskbar either on the top or bottom of your screen, if you...
  3. Displaying Date on Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Displaying Date on Taskbar: I just wanted to correct some information that independent and microsoft employees are advising on the solution to this problem. There is not just two ways to display the date on taskbar. Assuming you are using the taskbar either on the top or bottom of your screen, if you...
  4. Date is not anymore displayed time is ok on windows 10 date and time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date is not anymore displayed time is ok on windows 10 date and time: Hello guys & girls,i customized date and time on the lower right corner on task bar of my windows 10.but the date seem to be too long to fit into date and time space, i customized time to display also the seconds and the short date to jjjj j MMM AAAA, but my issue is that now...
  5. Date is not anymore displayed time is ok on windows 10 date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date is not anymore displayed time is ok on windows 10 date and time: Hello guys & girls,i customized date and time on the lower right corner on task bar of my windows 10.but the date seem to be too long to fit into date and time space, i customized time to display also the seconds and the short date to jjjj j MMM AAAA, but my issue is that now...
  6. Date is not anymore displayed time is ok on windows 10 date and time

7. Date/Time display on taskbar

Date/Time display on taskbar: Can I display the current date, as well as the time in the taskbar, by default ie without having to hover on the time? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/datetime-display-on-taskbar/15221cac-8ac4-41f3-968f-d557532eca96
  8. Time and date display on taskbar

Time and date display on taskbar: My display has recently started showing the time, day of the week and date in three lines, which makes my taskbar larger. How do I get rid of the day of the week and date? I only want to see the time in one line. Thank you for your time......
  9. Displaying the time and date on my desktop taskbar

Displaying the time and date on my desktop taskbar: I used to be able to see the time and date on the taskbar at the bottom of my desktop but today it is not there. How can I reset this to display please? It shows volume, etc. but no date and time....
  10. date and time on taskbar Windows 10

date and time on taskbar Windows 10: How to do this--W 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_taskbar/date-and-time-on-taskbar-windows-10/27af3c6e-f73d-4d9e-8961-f9740284c57f