Windows 10: ...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive

Discus and support ...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi How do I get Windows to install programs on a separate drive? My new PC has 2 SSD drives - C is for windows 10 and E is for programs. I changed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ethan417, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Ethan417 Win User

...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive

Hi
    How do I get Windows to install programs on a separate drive?

My new PC has 2 SSD drives - C is for windows 10 and E is for programs.

I changed the registry settings for Program Files and Program Files (86) to drive E.

Programs still install on C.

Also when new programs are being installed, Windows does not give me the option of changing the location.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

:)

Ethan417, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Delta6326 Win User
    Delta6326, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Feb 21, 2019
  4. ...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive

1. ...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive - Similar Threads - install programs separate

2. Installing Windows 10 to a Separate Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing Windows 10 to a Separate Drive: Hello. First, my apologies for not being fluent in English. I want to install Windows 10 Pro to a separate drive. Currently I have Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit (6.3 Build 9600) in one drive. Let's call the Windows 8.1 Pro drive Sabrent A, and the drive I want to install Windows...
  3. ...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ...Windows 10 - how to install programs on a separate drive: Hi How do I get Windows to install programs on a separate drive? My new PC has 2 SSD drives - C is for windows 10 and E is for programs. I changed the registry settings for Program Files and Program Files (86) to drive E. Programs still install on C. Also when new...
  4. PDF Separating program

PDF Separating program: I want a reliable pdf separating program to download to my pc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pdf-separating-program/b9653f58-740f-4982-96d9-e2d0de46e4ec
  5. Installing fresh Windows 10 on a separate drive

Installing fresh Windows 10 on a separate drive: I'll try to cut my story short. The Acer I bought almost two years ago comes with no-brand M.2 SSD. It broke after a while so I bough Crucial MX500 2.5 SATA, that's because at that time I didn't even look inside and thought my laptop still runs on Sata. Anyway I connected it...
  6. Running programs from separate hard drive

Running programs from separate hard drive: I have recently installed Windows 10 on a new SSD drive (C) I have two other drives which are not SSD one of which just contains saved data, photos, documents, downloads etc. (E) The other is blank which did contain Windows 7 (D) What I want to know is it possible to download...
  7. Issue w/ program startup on separate drive

Issue w/ program startup on separate drive: I have my OS installation on a SSD and install all programs that don't need the benefits of the SSD on HDD. I've run into the issue where certain programs on the HDD don't run at startup. Looking for some assistance on fixing and avoiding this. 69898
  8. Clean Install of Windows 10 - Data on separate Drive

Clean Install of Windows 10 - Data on separate Drive: I have a PC with two HDs. I have some corrupted OS files and will be re-installing Windows 10 as a clean install. Presently, the OS in on the smaller drive and I have the OS set so that data is stored on the second larger drive. I am replacing the smaller drive with SSD on...
  9. XP and Windows 10 on separate drives

XP and Windows 10 on separate drives: As a precaution, to make sure Windows 10 was fully compatible with my desktop PC and to have easy access to all my files, I added a clean SSD and installed Win 10 on that. Somewhere during installation, I was probably asked if I wanted to install a dual-boot system (I don't...
  10. Installing win10 on separate drive for testing

Installing win10 on separate drive for testing: Hi everyone I have 2 hard drives in my PC with win 7 pro 64 installed on each. I don't use a dual boot system I just swap the connectors when I want to use my other installation. Lets call my main installation (which I use the most) W1 and my other installation W2. FYI I own...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows and programs on a separate drive

2. how to install programs on a separate drive

3. How to ungroup and separate removable drives in This PC in Windows 10

4. windows 10 recover program installation on separate drive