Windows 10: Windows 10 – How to remove password from Start screen

Discus and support Windows 10 – How to remove password from Start screen in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I live alone and I don't want to insert a password every time I need to log in. This link doesn't work anymore: link using netplwiz... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Alejandro Mesquita, Jan 9, 2021.

1. Windows 10 – How to remove password from Start screen

I live alone and I don't want to insert a password every time I need to log in.

This link doesn't work anymore: link using netplwiz

:)

Alejandro Mesquita, Jan 9, 2021

2. Remove password from start up screen.

I have windows 1 0 installed on my laptop but I can not remove my password from the start up screen any suggestions

JohnLitowski, Jan 9, 2021
  3. Windows 10 How to remove password from Start screen

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you to fix the issue.

Based in the description, please be informed that if you are using Microsoft account you need to log-in using password due to security protection. If you are not using Microsoft account you will not able to use lots of the Windows features. Follow
    the below steps to disable the password.

• Go to settings and click on Accounts.

• Click on Your Account on the left pane and click on
      Sign in with a local account.

• Enter the password and follow the on screen instruction to convert the account to local account.
    To remove the password try the below steps.

• Now Press Windows key + R, type
      netplwiz
      and press Enter.

• Click on the user account and uncheck the box User must enter a user name and password to use this computer and click on
      OK.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Jan 9, 2021
  4. Isha Soni Win User

Windows 10 – How to remove password from Start screen

Remove password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience caused to you. I will be glad to assist you with the Issue.

I suggest you to follow the below steps on how to make your Local Account as Administrator Account.

Method 1:

To remove password from the User Account :

• Press Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    • Click on ‘Control panel’.
    • Select ‘User account’. (On which you want to disable password)
    • Click on Remove Passowrd and follow the instructions.

Method 2:

After removing password follow the below steps to disable password page from start up.

• Press ‘Windows + W’ key to search Apps.
    • Type keyword “netplwiz” in the search box
    • Open netplwiz window from search list.
    • On the user accounts page, uncheck the option
      “Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer”
      and click OK.
    • Restart the computer and check if it helps.
    If you want to change the Administrator account follow the steps.

• Login into your current Administrator Account.
    • Right click on Start button and select
      Control Panel.
    • Select User Account.
    • Select the option Manage another Account.
    • Select the Local Account.
    • Now select the option Change Account Type
      and select Administrator and click Change Account Type tab.

Try the above steps and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thanks & Regards,

Isha Soni, Jan 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 – How to remove password from Start screen

1. Windows 10 – How to remove password from Start screen - Similar Threads - – remove password

2. How to remove windows 10 password, if no start button visible

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to remove windows 10 password, if no start button visible: Hi thereI'm at my wits end , my laptop won't accept my pin and won't let me reset. I have checked different scenarios but I have no start key visible on my Home Screen to remove pin....
  3. How to remove windows 10 password, if no start button visible

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove windows 10 password, if no start button visible: Hi thereI'm at my wits end , my laptop won't accept my pin and won't let me reset. I have checked different scenarios but I have no start key visible on my Home Screen to remove pin....
  4. How to remove windows 10 password, if no start button visible

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove "Recommended" from the start screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove "Recommended" from the start screen: Does anyone know whether this can be done, and if so how? It takes up half the start screen so now I have to scroll to find my most used apps. It's nonsense -why would I want to know what Microsoft recommends? And then secondly under Windows 10, "Recently added" was at the...
  6. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  7. Removing Password from Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Password from Lock Screen: Whenever i open my laptop i always have to sign in to my microsoft account. Even whenever i turn off the sleep mode i have to sign in and type my password. I want to turn off the password option.I am using windows 11....
  8. how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page: how to remove password from microwsoft windows 10 start page https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-password-from-microwsoft-windows-10/b0845446-4f71-4626-9989-ad052a4a3fb1
  9. windows 10 start up password removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 10 start up password removal: I have tried searching for a fix to remove the password on my start up screen but none of the responses or actions have worked. Please let me know the best way to remove the password from my start up screen....
  10. How to remove a password from windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a password from windows 10: how to remove a password from windows 10 * Moved from Community Participation Center https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/how-to-remove-a-password-from-windows-10/5e6e0fa2-96a5-4bf8-9dc8-b5d911473384"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forum/windows_10-start/windows-10-how-to- remove-password-from-start/b8dee9e9-cac7-4558- a421-2c963c5e115b After