Windows 10: Windows 10: How to restore alphanumeric pin?

Discus and support Windows 10: How to restore alphanumeric pin? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; A couple days ago something happened overnight probably a bad update applied on boot and my windows 10 login got messed up. After some effort I was... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Bruno Melloni, May 2, 2022.

1. Windows 10: How to restore alphanumeric pin?

A couple days ago something happened overnight probably a bad update applied on boot and my windows 10 login got messed up. After some effort I was able to restore my windows environment but one of the steps required me to redefine the login pin and did not let me use alphanumerics. So, after the fact I removed the pin to try to recreate it but now I can't even create new pin, and as a matter of fact all of the Windows Hello options are unavailable. I even tried applying the 2022-04 cumulative update in the hope that it would fix the issue, but nope. The only thing working on this PC is

:)

Bruno Melloni, May 2, 2022
  2. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Windows 10:  How to restore alphanumeric pin? [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 2, 2022
  3. Kreij Win User
    Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, May 2, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10: How to restore alphanumeric pin?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 2, 2022
Thema:

Windows 10: How to restore alphanumeric pin?

1. Windows 10: How to restore alphanumeric pin? - Similar Threads - restore alphanumeric pin

2. Windows 11 PIN restore

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PIN restore: Just lost Windows 11 pin access through a BIOS update.Was finally able to reset it through the Microsoft loop in the Accounts/Pin options. The popups kept disappearing before I could read them and take the required action.Are they timed? Can they be made either longer or...
  3. Windows 11 PIN restore

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 PIN restore: Just lost Windows 11 pin access through a BIOS update.Was finally able to reset it through the Microsoft loop in the Accounts/Pin options. The popups kept disappearing before I could read them and take the required action.Are they timed? Can they be made either longer or...
  4. Windows 10: How to restore alphanumeric pin?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10: How to restore alphanumeric pin?: A couple days ago something happened overnight probably a bad update applied on boot and my windows 10 login got messed up. After some effort I was able to restore my windows environment but one of the steps required me to redefine the login pin and did not let me use...
  5. Windows 10: How to restore alphanumeric pin?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10: How to restore alphanumeric pin?: A couple days ago something happened overnight probably a bad update applied on boot and my windows 10 login got messed up. After some effort I was able to restore my windows environment but one of the steps required me to redefine the login pin and did not let me use...
  6. Windows 10 alphanumeric character keys not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 alphanumeric character keys not recognised: Hi,There was a post back in July 2020 about alphanumeric keys not being recognised by a Windows 10 PC and the user being unable to enter their password. The response to use the on-screen keyboard allowed access back to the PC.I am having the same problem occurring...
  7. Bitlocker will not except Alphanumeric pin/password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker will not except Alphanumeric pin/password: After a little help please I've got one laptop Acer Travelmate i5 10gen that will not take a Bitlocker pin with both letters and numbers I've just built the other 19 of a batch i'm doing fine, no dramas at all. This one though, i've ran out of ideas. DOne nothing...
  8. alphanumeric number keys

in Windows 10 Customization
    alphanumeric number keys: For some reason, my alphanumeric number keys won't work. I believe it is my keyboard. But I also have a feeling that it is due to my pc being broken/bugged. I have looked at the cable, and everything seems to be okay and connected. I have also restarted my pc, but none of...
  9. How to Backup and Restore pinned Taskbar items in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to Backup and Restore pinned Taskbar items in Windows 10: [ATTACH] The Taskbar is one of the most used interfaces in Windows. We all like to pin most used programs, even shortcuts with extra privileges, and automated tasks. This is much better than the Start Menu, and tiles to be very [...] This post How to Backup and Restore...
  10. Windows 10 no longer offers alphanumeric PINs - HIGHLY inconvenient!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 no longer offers alphanumeric PINs - HIGHLY inconvenient!: So I just got a new laptop after my old one was stolen - basically, I set up Windows 10 in December of 2017, and I'm here setting it up again in July of 2018. After a couple of inconclusive chats with Microsoft support agents, I was able to come to the conclusion from one of...