Windows 10: Windows 10 How to set a window size on desktop

Discus and support Windows 10 How to set a window size on desktop in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having diffificulty in setting size of window to open at each power up. Procedure please. to enable window open the same size. [ set size ] but opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bairn_966, Mar 2, 2019.

1. Bairn_966 Win User

Windows 10 How to set a window size on desktop

Having diffificulty in setting size of window to open at each power up. Procedure please. to enable window open the same size. [ set size ] but opens [ at this size ].

:)

Bairn_966, Mar 2, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Windows 10 desktop icons not in order

In ccleaner, did you uncheck cleaning the icon cache... have not used in a while; however, I think that is what the option is called.

Now, if you are setting the icons and they move after you have set the settings and not changed them... you may have the "Random Windows 10 Icon movement problem".
    Some people have this and some don't.

Here is a thread on the problem at Windows10 forums: Windows 10: Folder View Settings and Desktop Icon Positions Not Saving

95Viper, Mar 2, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 How to set a window size on desktop - Similar Threads - set window size

2. How to Change Size of Monitors in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Change Size of Monitors in Windows Settings: Hi, I would like to change the size of my monitors in windows so that 1&2 are the same size and am not sure what to do. Monitor 1 is connected to a graphics card, and monitor 2 is connected to the cpu if that makes a difference. This is causing issues when moving the mouse...
  3. How to Change Size of Monitors in Windows Settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to Change Size of Monitors in Windows Settings: Hi, I would like to change the size of my monitors in windows so that 1&2 are the same size and am not sure what to do. Monitor 1 is connected to a graphics card, and monitor 2 is connected to the cpu if that makes a difference. This is causing issues when moving the mouse...
  4. What's the size for Desktop icons in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's the size for Desktop icons in Windows 10?: [ATTACH] I have an icon for one of my programs but it's blurry in Desktop. What's the size I should use? https://preview.redd.it/oni45zxg3og61.png?width=88&format=png&auto=webp&s=86fd5c1e3534adcfd007822186e7b449f7c8860d submitted by /u/Infamous_Prize_7209 [link]...
  5. Maximum Windows 10 desktop resolution size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximum Windows 10 desktop resolution size: Hello! What is maximum supported windows desktop size / resolution ? Please don't imply it's up to GPU / graphics driver / monitor / cable etc. Please assume I have 4 x 8k monitors supported by my graphics card / cable / driver and want to arrange them as extending-right;...
  6. Windows 10 settings screen size

Windows 10 settings screen size: I have 2 27" monitors, my main one is 1440p and 2nd is 1080p, as they're the same size it shows that the 1440 one is bigger, and i know its a resolution setting, cause when i put them both in 1080 they are the same size. Now does anyone know how to make them the same size...
  7. Windows 10 how to set a window size

Windows 10 how to set a window size: How do I set a window size for Windows to remember and open it on startup https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-how-to-set-a-window-size/6dec2024-75f6-4442-b953-586c83ad31e0
  8. Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop

Storage size of Windows 10 Desktop: Hello, question of a buddy : why cannot I copy a 260 Gb file to the desktop ? In my understanding there is no point in copying a file to the desktop, why would someone want this ......
  9. How to change size of icons shown of desktop windows 10?

How to change size of icons shown of desktop windows 10?: how to change size of icons in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-change-size-of-icons-shown-of-desktop/07b514ad-07a2-41df-831c-99219bc899b8
  10. Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10: How to: Change Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10 How to Change the Size of Desktop Icons in Windows 10 The desktop is the main screen area that you see after you turn on your PC and sign in to Windows. Like the top of an actual desk, it serves as a surface for your...