Windows 10: Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on?

Discus and support Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there something on windows 10 that will tell me if a monitor is powered on? I have a remote PC I need to understand if the screen is turned on or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 8DWDW8, Jul 11, 2019 at 12:02 PM.

1. 8DWDW8 Win User

Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on?

Is there something on windows 10 that will tell me if a monitor is powered on?

I have a remote PC I need to understand if the screen is turned on or off

:)

2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

4. Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on?

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Thema:

Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on?

1. Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on? - Similar Threads - tell monitor powered

2. Tell how good Windows Security is

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tell how good Windows Security is: Windows 7 was a nightmare Windows 10 was a God send . On Windows 7 I made three trips to the repair shop at £30 a go. One Laptop got thrown in the Wheelie Bin. My Grandson just got an Ipad but I loved Windows and bought his laptop off him. Ive watched Windows 10 Security...
  3. Tell how good Windows Security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Tell how good Windows Security: Windows 7 was a nightmare Windows 10 was a God send . On Windows 7 I made three trips to the repair shop at £30 a go. One Laptop got thrown in the Wheelie Bin. My Grandson just got an Ipad but I loved Windows and bought his laptop off him. Ive watched Windows 10 Security...
  4. How to tell which version of Windows 10 is on a usb

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to tell which version of Windows 10 is on a usb: A while back someone asked if there was a way to find out what version of Windows 10 was on a usb. He was told it was not possible. I found the answer on How To Geek ---...
  5. Monitor power off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Monitor power off: Before update to 1803, my monitor was set to turn off after 30 mins. After the update it does not. I can't get the monitor to shutdown at all. I've set it to 1 min and still nothing. But under power & sleep it still shows shutdown after 30 mins. Is there some fix for this?...
  6. Monitor power off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor power off: Before update to 1803, my monitor was set to turn off after 30 mins. After the update it does not. I can't get the monitor to shutdown at all. I've set it to 1 min and still nothing. But under power & sleep it still shows shutdown after 30 mins. Is there some fix for this?...
  7. How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?: Hey ,Everyone general question how can you tell if a Power Surge Protector is dying It seems that i am having a issue with mine #1 Random shut downs and restarts #2 Computer attempts to turn on but power dies ,I'll ,move the stripe power comes back These are...
  8. Monitor random power downs

in Windows 10 Support
    Monitor random power downs: Since upgrading to windows 10, my monitor randomly goes to power save mode (standby). This appears to be mainly in games. e.g. Lord of the Rings Online, but I have noticed the same in Chrome once in a while. Apart from that, all seems to be fine. I am running the latest...
  9. "Power Off" monitor on a laptop?

in Windows 10 Support
    "Power Off" monitor on a laptop?: I was asked if the "power off monitor" after a designated time option is available on a laptop like it is for a desktop. I don't have a laptop to try so I need assistance on this. Jack 84361
  10. Win 10 Upgrade, How to tell

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Upgrade, How to tell: I've just booted up a HTPC and i've clicked on the 10 upgrade, but was wondering if there's anything i can check to see if it is downloading the files? 53296