Windows 10: Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on?

Discus and support Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there something on windows 10 that will tell me if a monitor is powered on? I have a remote PC I need to understand if the screen is turned on or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by 8DWDW8, Jul 11, 2019.

1. 8DWDW8 Win User

Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on?

Is there something on windows 10 that will tell me if a monitor is powered on?

I have a remote PC I need to understand if the screen is turned on or off

:)

8DWDW8, Jul 11, 2019
  2. John Fer Win User

Power plan?

Upon checking, it seems that there's nothing wrong with your system. It is usual that you have to double-click your mouse before your monitor wakes up.

For the meantime, we suggest changing the power plan by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + S.
    • Type in Power Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, choose Additional power settings.
    • Select High performance.

After changing the power plan, we suggest that you monitor the changes made and check if that will work for you.

Get back to us if you need further help.

John Fer, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on?

monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on?

1. Windows 10 - How to tell if a monitor is powered on? - Similar Threads - tell monitor powered

2. Monitor not powering off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Monitor not powering off: I have set the power options to turn off the display after 10 minutes. The display monitor never powers off, even after hours of the computer being idle.This is after a clean Windows 10 22H2 install.How to fix this?...
  3. Monitor not powering off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor not powering off: I have set the power options to turn off the display after 10 minutes. The display monitor never powers off, even after hours of the computer being idle.This is after a clean Windows 10 22H2 install.How to fix this?...
  4. Monitor not powering off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. tell windows 10 which is the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    tell windows 10 which is the primary monitor.: it knows which is 1 and which is 2. but when we open anything it goes on 2. how do we tell it to open everything on 1? thanks windows home 183288
  6. tell windows 10 which is the primary monitor.

in Windows 10 Support
    tell windows 10 which is the primary monitor.: it knows which is 1 and which is 2. but when we open anything it goes on 2. how do we tell it to open everything on 1? thanks windows home 183288
  7. Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor: I am running Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.508. Recently device manager tells me that my monitor is an Acer 271HL when, in fact, my monitor is an AOC 2270SWHN. I have never had an Acer monitor. Why is this happening? 164400
  8. Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 tells me that I have a different monitor: I am running Windows 10 version 2004 build 19041.508. Recently device manager tells me that my monitor is an Acer 271HL when, in fact, my monitor is an AOC 2270SWHN. I have never had an Acer monitor. Why is this happening? 164400
  9. Monitor power off

Monitor power off: Before update to 1803, my monitor was set to turn off after 30 mins. After the update it does not. I can't get the monitor to shutdown at all. I've set it to 1 min and still nothing. But under power & sleep it still shows shutdown after 30 mins. Is there some fix for this?...
  10. How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?

How to tell if your Power Surge Protector Fails ?: Hey ,Everyone general question how can you tell if a Power Surge Protector is dying It seems that i am having a issue with mine #1 Random shut downs and restarts #2 Computer attempts to turn on but power dies ,I'll ,move the stripe power comes back These are...