Windows 10: Windows 10 hp computer issues

Discus and support Windows 10 hp computer issues in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; There are different things going wrong with my windows 10 hp computer. I cannot update my windows. It loads "checking for windows updates' for ages... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Josjj, Sep 27, 2019.

1. Josjj Win User

Windows 10 hp computer issues

There are different things going wrong with my windows 10 hp computer.

• I cannot update my windows. It loads "checking for windows updates' for ages and never actually loads. Trouble shooter does not work for windows updates. I click on it, the blue loading sign next to the mouse pops up for a split second, it disappears, and it acts like nothing ever happened.
    • My Microsoft Store is also not working. There are apps on pending and will not download. It has been weeks and no progress has been made. When I press the x button to delete or cancel the downloads, they delete. It is when I exit out the Microsoft store and open it up again they come back like I didn't change anything. I also can't access my updates. I press on the 'Get Updates' bar on the upper left corner, but it loads for ages nd nothing loads. I have tried troubleshooter, which did find an issue with my computer once. From what I can tell, it did not fix anything. I tried using troubleshooter again to see if the same issue would pop up again, but it says it didn't find anything wrong with it after that.

Those are the major issues with my computer. Another issue is the "type here to search' bar does not work. I can type in it, and things will pop up accordingly (like they should), but I cannot click on anything. I always have to use Cortana to access anything quicker. I honestly don't mind the issue unless it's somehow connected to the more major issues with my computer.

I have used a thing called 'Reimage' and have it scan my computer. it states I have '16 stability issues' and '16 registry issues'. I could use Reimage to fix my problems, but it costs money.

Mind you, I JUST bought this computer not to long ago. I have tried multiple tactics and they either did not work, couldn't work, or I needed to pay for it. I would like a safe, easy, free option to fix my problems with the computer.

Thanks for the help.

:)

Josjj, Sep 27, 2019

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 27, 2019
  3. Arul_D Win User
    How to remove "HP Connected Remote" as a sign in account ?

Hi Dave,

Thank you for writing your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is your computer connected to a domain network?
    HP Connected Remote is an app that comes preinstalled on select Windows HP computers. I would suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves this issue.

• On the Windows 10 Start screen, type hp connected remote.
    • Click HP Connected Remote from the Apps search results.
    • Click Settings, and make sure Enable HP Connected Remote is turned On.

Reply us back with the status of this issue. We will be glad to assist you.

Arul_D, Sep 27, 2019
  4. Yaqub K Win User

HP Envy Laptop Battery not charging after Windows 10 installation

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I suggest you to un-install and re-install battery drivers from Device manager and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Batteries and right click on Batteries ACPI and click on Un-install.
    • Restart the computer and check.

If the issue persist, I suggest you to visit HP Envy website and check whether HP has released any firmware updates for Windows 10. If so, please go ahead and install them and check with the issue.

Yaqub K, Sep 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 hp computer issues - Similar Threads - computer issues

2. My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?: Ive been trying to play games on steam, but nothing is working! I just paid 1.7k for this computer last week and it's already having problems...
  3. My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My games on Steam owont open, is that an issue with steam or just the computer itself?: Ive been trying to play games on steam, but nothing is working! I just paid 1.7k for this computer last week and it's already having problems...
  4. Slow computer, BSOD's and Audio issues, Latency mon data included in post!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Slow computer, BSOD's and Audio issues, Latency mon data included in post!: running with dual RTX Geforce 3060's 1 is disabled as its not in use currently.CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other...
  5. Slow computer, BSOD's and Audio issues, Latency mon data included in post!

Slow computer, BSOD's and Audio issues, Latency mon data included in post!: running with dual RTX Geforce 3060's 1 is disabled as its not in use currently.CONCLUSION _________________________________________________________________________________________________________ Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other...
  6. BSOD issues with ASUS ROG computer "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issues with ASUS ROG computer "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump...: I am facing an issue with my ASUS ROG computer. I am getting a BSOD with the error message "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." as well as "The previous system shutdown at 4:08:38 PM on ‎3/‎9/‎2024 was unexpected." I have tried everything. sfc...
  7. BSOD issues with ASUS ROG computer "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump...

BSOD issues with ASUS ROG computer "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump...: I am facing an issue with my ASUS ROG computer. I am getting a BSOD with the error message "Dump file creation failed due to error during dump creation." as well as "The previous system shutdown at 4:08:38 PM on ‎3/‎9/‎2024 was unexpected." I have tried everything. sfc...
  8. My computer has been having issues with freezing. What do I do?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer has been having issues with freezing. What do I do?: The CPU runs really hard for just about every application. Wondering why that is. Took a look at event viewer. I am suspicious of Nahimic as it runs a ton of instances in my task manager for no reason....
  9. My computer has been having issues with freezing. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer has been having issues with freezing. What do I do?: The CPU runs really hard for just about every application. Wondering why that is. Took a look at event viewer. I am suspicious of Nahimic as it runs a ton of instances in my task manager for no reason....
  10. My computer has been having issues with freezing. What do I do?