Windows 10: Windows 10 HP Envy Periodically Gives Me Blue Screen and Forces Me To Restart

Discus and support Windows 10 HP Envy Periodically Gives Me Blue Screen and Forces Me To Restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I usually don't shut down my laptop because I am a student and I usually have things open that I will need later. Periodically when I open my laptop to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Hathos96, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Hathos96 Win User

Windows 10 HP Envy Periodically Gives Me Blue Screen and Forces Me To Restart

I usually don't shut down my laptop because I am a student and I usually have things open that I will need later. Periodically when I open my laptop to work on stuff, it takes longer than usual to boot up and gives me a blue screen and restarts. I have found the minidump files and I can supply them if needed.

Unfortunately I don't have the blue screen error messages when I get them. Thanks in advance.

:)

Hathos96, Apr 21, 2021
  2. philc43 Win User

Windows 10 - HP Envy - Daily Blue Screen of Deaths

I would take the laptop back asap and insist that there is something wrong. The WinDBG result is simply telling you that there is a hardware error, this is a 0x124 stop code and the CPU which reports the error is an AMD device.

It is often quite difficult to pinpoint the component which is giving rise to the problem. It could be motherboard or CPU or memory so you just have to work your way through the tests until you find something. A good confirmation that it is hardware is if the system crashes in safe mode. Safe mode does not start the non-Microsoft drivers so it helps to rule out a driver related BSOD.

In the event log you have a number of hardware related errors like this:
    Attachment 173474

Below are the full range of tests we recommend:

STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting [/i] Read carefully before proceeding.

Windows 10 HP Envy Periodically Gives Me Blue Screen and Forces Me To Restart [​IMG]
    Warning
    Windows 10 HP Envy Periodically Gives Me Blue Screen and Forces Me To Restart warnsmall.png
    If you're overclocking your system, revert back to stock clocks now.
    Windows 10 HP Envy Periodically Gives Me Blue Screen and Forces Me To Restart warnsmall.png

Windows 10 HP Envy Periodically Gives Me Blue Screen and Forces Me To Restart [​IMG]
    Note Test the system once the overclock is removed before continuing with the steps outlined below.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
    Part Two: MemTest86+ RAM Diagnostic
    Part Three: Hard Drive Diagnostics
    Part Four: GPU Stress Test

ONE [/i] CPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Prime95 to stress test your CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO [/i] RAM TEST
    *Arrow Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note
    Windows 10 HP Envy Periodically Gives Me Blue Screen and Forces Me To Restart picture.jpg

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

THREE [/i] HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR [/i] GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Furmark to stress test your GPU. FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

philc43, Apr 21, 2021
  3. PurpleWeb Win User
    Windows 10 - HP Envy - Daily Blue Screen of Deaths

Part One: CPU Stress Test
    Part Two: MemTest86+ RAM Diagnostic
    Part Three: Hard Drive Diagnostics
    Part Four: GPU Stress Test

ONE [/i] CPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Prime95 to stress test your CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums

Warning Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO [/i] RAM TEST
    *Arrow Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note
    Windows 10 HP Envy Periodically Gives Me Blue Screen and Forces Me To Restart picture.jpg

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking for zero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

THREE [/i] HDD TEST
    *Arrow Run HDTune to
    • check the health,
    • scan for errors, no quick scan but full scan
    • run a benchmark.
    It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
    When above is done please make screenshots of the following
    • the health,
    • the error scan,
    • the benchmark incl. following
      • transfer rate,
      • access time,
      • burst rate,
      • cpu usage.

FOUR [/i] GPU TEST
    *Arrow Run Furmark to stress test your GPU. FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.

Warning Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs. I called into the retailer yesterday and although the laptop isn't even two months old, i have to send it back to the central repair centre. It's not ideal as i use it for my business. Before i do send it back i just want to make sure i have checked everything else.

Regards

PurpleWeb, Apr 21, 2021
  4. zbook Win User

HP Envy TouchSmart 4-1115dx NO TOUCH in Win10 /w SSD

HP ENVY TouchSmart Sleekbook 4-1115dx More Support Options | HP® Customer Support

See if you can run through these troubleshooting steps:

HP PCs - Troubleshooting Touch Screen Issues (WindowsÂ*10, 8) | HP® Customer Support

Step 1: Confirm the computer has a touch screen
    Step 2: Enable and reinstall the touch screen driver in Device Manager
    Step 3: Configure the touch display
    Step 4: Install Windows updates
    Step 5: Perform a touch screen diagnostic test in HP Hardware Diagnostics
    Step 6: Adjust the power management settings for your touch screen
    Step 7: Perform a hard reset (notebook PCs) or full shutdown and restart (All-in-One PCs)
    Step 8: Update the BIOS and graphics driver

zbook, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Windows 10 HP Envy Periodically Gives Me Blue Screen and Forces Me To Restart - Similar Threads - Envy Periodically Blue

2. my laptop always crashing then suddenly give me a blue screen and then restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop always crashing then suddenly give me a blue screen and then restart: and give me a black screen error saying that the driver not found but when i leave it for a half hour and restart it it works again is the issue from the hard driver or from the os ?...
  3. my laptop always crashing then suddenly give me a blue screen and then restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my laptop always crashing then suddenly give me a blue screen and then restart: and give me a black screen error saying that the driver not found but when i leave it for a half hour and restart it it works again is the issue from the hard driver or from the os ?...
  4. my laptop always crushing then suddenly give me a blue screen and then restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my laptop always crushing then suddenly give me a blue screen and then restart: and give me a black screen error saying that the driver not found but when i leave it for a half hour and restart it it works again is the issue from the hard driver or from the os ?...
  5. my laptop always crushing then suddenly give me a blue screen and then restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my laptop always crushing then suddenly give me a blue screen and then restart: and give me a black screen error saying that the driver not found but when i leave it for a half hour and restart it it works again is the issue from the hard driver or from the os ?...
  6. my laptop always crushing then suddenly give me a blue screen and then restart

7. Unplugginf mouse gives me a blue screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unplugginf mouse gives me a blue screen: Every time I unplug my logitech g pro wireless from charging and put it into the wireless adapter it bluescreens. I've checked the drivers and they are all up to date, Please help. using windows 10...
  8. Screen freezes and forces me to restart

Screen freezes and forces me to restart: I'm not to sure why it freezes. The PC has quite regularly done this, ever since I got it and mostly while playing games. I made sure all the drivers were up to date with DriverEasy, but it still manages to freeze. Is there something I missed? Reliability history and event...
  9. New Hp envy lapto keep asking me to restart to install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Hp envy lapto keep asking me to restart to install: Hello My computer keep asking me to restart. It wants to install a feature update to Windows 10 , version 20H2. Status: Pending restart I restarted and shutdown many times. Still the same. How can I solve this? Thank you. Dr. Adel...
  10. computer give me a blue screen and shuts

computer give me a blue screen and shuts: while using my computer over the last 2-3 weeks i get a blue screen and a stop code "WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR" i RESTART THE COMPUTER AND IT STARTS BACK UP AGAIN. HOW DO I RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM? I HAVE ALSO NOTICED THAT WHEN I TYPE NOT AL OF THE KEYS RESPOND TO TOUCH AND I...