Windows 10: Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction

Discus and support Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Last June, I replaced my 1TB hard disk after breaking it. I currently have 500GB hard disk. Several months soon after, my laptop's audio started to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JulianWilliams1, Feb 24, 2019.

1. Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction

Last June, I replaced my 1TB hard disk after breaking it. I currently have 500GB hard disk. Several months soon after, my laptop's audio started to malfunction until today. I believe I've already tried literally all solutions, from updating my windows system to updating the audio and reinstalling them. I went to my device manager, made plenty of changes to my audio devices, etc. until I've arrived to my final conclusion that it could be a damage to my internal audio system? I rarely use laptop without my earphones.

:)

JulianWilliams1, Feb 24, 2019

2. The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

I think today's windows update(stable channel) solves d issue

Cumulative Update KB4020102 Windows 10 v1703 Build 15063.332

• Addressed issue where, after installing the Creators Update, audio output through external decoders no longer works.
    bro, first of all....big thanx to dj urko...been following this thread...
    can i install this on my HP laptop which has realtek hardware id as mentioned down below
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164&REV_1000
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C2164

It comes with inbuilt DTS sound + from HP
    i'm currently using latest driver 8152.

Sai Sreekantt M, Feb 24, 2019
  3. NanoPad Win User
    Windows 10 incompatible with Laptop - Audio Problems

Dear Friends,
    Hope this finds you well.
    I've communicated with both HP and Microsoft about this issue with my brothers Laptop.
    Ever since he allowed the Windows 10 upgrade unbeknown to him as MS slipped it in an Update as your aware. I used GWX control panel to block it. Windows 7 is still the most used OS at this time..
    Problem(s)
    He has had an issue with the headphones playing audio and no audio through the internal speakers.
    Below is a last ditch suggestion by HP. Believe me we have done everything under the sun and nothing has fixed it permanently.
    My hunch is that his computer never had the resources to run Windows 10 properly. And HP never updated anything or lets say the drivers to run Windows 10 on an older computer. "Business as usual.." I'm certain many folks out there have had this same issue.
    What we would like to know if possible assuming the steps below don't solve this and I'm just a little leery at this point that they will. Is what is the Best Way to get the computer back to Windows 7? There are no discs that he knows of in his possession.
    I may be wrong about this as I have been in the past about certain things, But...
    Any help or suggestions would be deeply appreciated.
    Sincerely, Raphael

This is the model:
    HP Pavilion g7-1150us Notebook PC | HP® Customer Support

Re: Compatibility of Windows 10 and HP Computer - Audio Headphones Only [ New ]Options‎04-10-2017 05:39 PMHi: HP does not support any PC made before August of 2013 for W10. HP Products Tested with Windows 10 | HP® Customer Support
    So, the g7-1150us is not supported for W10, and unfortunately, there are no W10 audio drivers for it. You can try the W7 driver from the support page and hope it works...Install and restart the PC. http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59001-59500/sp59154.exe You can also try this workaround to see if you can get the onboard sound to work... Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category. 1. Select the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.2. Select Driver tab.3. Click on the Update Driver button.4. Select -> Browse my computer for driver software.5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.6. Select High Definition Audio Device (Not IDT High Def... this is important.) and click Next. A warning message may appear, but click Yes.7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.8. Restart the PC. The key is step 6. If that doesn't work either, I suggest you reinstall W7, which is the only supported operating system for that model.

NanoPad, Feb 24, 2019
  4. TISbunno Win User

Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hi, i try to install the Realtek HD Audio + Sound BlasterX 720° 6.0.1.8328 MOD by Lynn (2018-02-06), i follow this step:
    1- disinstall old driver
    2-clean the registrer with the .reg file
    3-restart
    4-install realtek software, reboot and wait for the other part of installation
    5- use the .reg "registro audio no firmado"
    6- reboot
    after this step the driver that windows see are the high definition audio from microsoft.
    i would like to install the realtek mod driver with dolby atmos and dolby home theatre (or creative 720, depends on who offers more). Someone could share a complete guide?
    I would like to point out that the pc is a hp dv6 laptop

TISbunno, Feb 24, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction

1. Windows 10 HP Laptop: Audio malfunction - Similar Threads - Laptop Audio malfunction

2. Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop: Clean install of windows 10 audio is not working.It was working on windows 11 before.Tried methods:-Troubleshooting-Installing drivers didnt install showed error I tried installing recommended driver from hp assistant.Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks....
  3. Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop: Clean install of windows 10 audio is not working.It was working on windows 11 before.Tried methods:-Troubleshooting-Installing drivers didnt install showed error I tried installing recommended driver from hp assistant.Any reply would be appreciated. Thanks....
  4. Audio is not working on Windows 10! HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows Audio Service malfunctioning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Audio Service malfunctioning: After the latest Windows update, I can no longer hear sound.The sound icon displays the message "No Audio Output Device is installed", and I cannot select an audio device such as headphones or speakers more on this with Windows Audio Service properties. My audio devices show...
  6. No Audio HP laptop windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No Audio HP laptop windows 10: Recently I am facing an issue with my laptop speaker. Immediately after the windows update the audio goes off. When I pair my headphones via Bluetooth, the audio works, but when it's through my laptop speaker it doesn't work. It happened once during the month of December, not...
  7. Audio issues on Windows 10 HP Laptop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio issues on Windows 10 HP Laptop: Not sure if this is the right place to post, however I'm running out of ideas. Recently I've encountered a problem on my laptop where the audio reduces significantly after a few seconds of playing. I'll start a video on YouTube at a certain volume (say, 60%), and after 2 to...
  8. Windows 10 - Audio Malfunction Help

Windows 10 - Audio Malfunction Help: So it's been 1 month since it began to stop functioning and still couldn't figure it out what's wrong with it. I did all sound testings, went through device manager, updated all sound device, even reinstalled each of them, etc. and all of them give no sign of problem when in...
  9. Audio service not working on Windows 10 with HP laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio service not working on Windows 10 with HP laptop: I ran troubleshooter and it said that either Windows Audio or Windows Audo EndPoint Builder are not working. I checked both and they are working. In Device Manager under Sound ,Video Game Controllers, not devices are shown. Have had this computer and Windows 10 for some...
  10. HP Envy Audio Malfunctioning (w/ Test Logs)

HP Envy Audio Malfunctioning (w/ Test Logs): I did all kinds of testings and updates of my system audio including troubleshooting my speaker and headphones. It all shows it's functioning properly. It's been a week since this happened, until I did a test by going through the shutdown process, pressing Esc to access the...