Windows 10: Windows 10 HP Laptop (HP 15-F272WM) will not boot + install Windows 10 from USB flash drive...

Discus and support Windows 10 HP Laptop (HP 15-F272WM) will not boot + install Windows 10 from USB flash drive... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello. For the past couple of weeks, I have been trying to fix my HP laptop that ran Windows 10. The exact type of laptop I have is an HP 15-F272WM.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/PiloswineIcyWind, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10 HP Laptop (HP 15-F272WM) will not boot + install Windows 10 from USB flash drive...

Hello.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been trying to fix my HP laptop that ran Windows 10. The exact type of laptop I have is an HP 15-F272WM. It was running decent for about two years but then the hard drive crashed for little to no reason. I had been having BSOD errors but I thought I was able to find the cause of the problem and fix them. Multiple updates seemingly caused problems for my computer and often I had to go into the device manager just to make sure everything was updated so no errors would crash the computer. Regardless, I couldn't save my hard drive and it just stopped working.

I had to take apart the computer almost piece by piece just to get to the hard drive, which was extremely annoying. Three screws stripped and I think even one of the screws were already stripped when I opened it. But I was able to replace the SSD that came with the laptop and I installed a new HDD. Then I had to install a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my SanDisk 32GB Cruzer Glide flash drive but that was also a problem. It was formatted in FAT32 and the file size was more than 4GB so I had to go through a bunch of menus in the command line using my Windows computer just to reformat the flash drive to EXFAT. Finally, it worked and despite taking apart the computer, having to go through the command line to reformat a flash drive, and having to take a power drill just to get past three stripped screws, my computer still does not work.

I have no idea what to do anymore. Basically, it boots up but it refuses to installs Windows 10 from my flash drive. I went through the BIOS settings, I changed the order up so it boots from the USB first but regardless of what I do, it still doesn't work. Two screens appear: either it says it does not detect a device to boot from or it says that there is no operating system and I have to install one. The new hard drive is blank and I have the new install of Windows 10 on my USB but it simply refuses to detect the flash drive and start installation. I don't know what to do. I disable Secure Boot, I enabled Legacy Boot, I ran a memory test and two of the hard drive tests and all three tests passed. I know SanDisk has the file on the USB and it isn't glitched. When I put it into my other laptop, the install file is there but my HP computer doesn't do anything with it.

I have almost no options left. It is too expensive to buy another computer and I refuse to take it to a shop because most of the hard work I already went through. Regardless if I fix this computer or not, I don't think I'll ever buy another HP computer again. There was no excuse for me needing to take out almost everything first just to replace a bad hard drive. I had to take out the keyboard and everything, it was just a mess. I would greatly appreciate any kind of help at all possible. Thanks for reading.

submitted by /u/PiloswineIcyWind
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/PiloswineIcyWind, Nov 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Nov 3, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    PNY Releases HP v152w USB Flash Drive

PNY Technologies (PNY) considered one of the worldwide leaders in consumer electronics market and flash memory products, has officially released the light and portable HP v152w USB Flash drive. The HP v152w is the ideal storage device for storing your images, music and files or documents, ready to be carried around in your pocket or wallet, wherever you go. The capless flash drive features a retractable connector and one-hand slide mechanism that stores up to 64GB of storage data. Designed for fast paced transfer and efficient storage of data files, the HP v152w is an extremely affordable flash drive that delivers exceptional performance at an economical price range.

Crafted in a smooth blue plastic casing with cool ergonomics wave body, the HP v152w is a sturdy flash drive that can protects from shock and other damages. Its sandblasted-like outer casing features anti-fingerprint finish, which enables it to retain its clean exterior. It comes in a lidless retractable body that reveals the connector as you slide it to the end.

Windows 10 HP Laptop (HP 15-F272WM) will not boot + install Windows 10 from USB flash drive... 56a_thm.jpg

Its portable feature is enhanced by the built-in strap hole located at the base of the drive which can be attached to key rings, backpacks or laptop bags. The drive is extremely lightweight and fits easily in your pocket, weighing only 8.8g and measuring at 10mm.

Features:
    • Cool ergonomics wave body
    • Light and easy to carry with built-in strap hole design
    • Handy lidless design with retractable connector and convenient one-hand slide
    • Up to 64GB high storage capacity offers ample storages for your data files.
    • USB 2.0 specifications.
    The HP v152w operates at USB 2.0 specs and is compatible with Microsoft 2000, Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10 and Mac OS: 10. 3 and above. It is also available in 8GB storage capacity and offers 2 years limited warranty. Carry it to school, office or business meetings and stay connected to all your digital needs.

btarunr, Nov 3, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

Windows 10 HP Laptop (HP 15-F272WM) will not boot + install Windows 10 from USB flash drive...

Delta6326, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 HP Laptop (HP 15-F272WM) will not boot + install Windows 10 from USB flash drive...

1. Windows 10 HP Laptop (HP 15-F272WM) will not boot + install Windows 10 from USB flash drive... - Similar Threads - Laptop F272WM boot

2. Booting Windows 10 with USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting Windows 10 with USB Flash Drive: So I've downloaded the installation Media for my PC which is stuck in a Windows RE loop and now I dont know what to do from this point. How would I use the Flash drive to boot Windows 10 into my PC?...
  3. Booting Windows 10 with USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting Windows 10 with USB Flash Drive: So I've downloaded the installation Media for my PC which is stuck in a Windows RE loop and now I dont know what to do from this point. How would I use the Flash drive to boot Windows 10 into my PC?...
  4. Booting Windows 10 with USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. windows 10 hp 15 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 hp 15 laptop: terrible thing happened a couple of days ago my computer apparantly installed a windows update, now I have no access to my toolbar or settings, I tried everything to reverse this, even reset which it abandoned after 62 percent and then reported no change was made,. all the...
  6. HP Laptop fails to boot from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Laptop fails to boot from USB: I have a HP 14-cm0012la laptop on which the original hard drive has failed. I purchased a new 240GB SSD and inserted into the laptop. I downloaded the Windows Media Creation Tool and ran that to create a bootable USB. However, the laptop is failing to boot from the USB. I...
  7. activating Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    activating Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop: Hello. Hi how do activate Windows 10 on my HP 15 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activating-windows-10-on-my-hp-15-laptop/f695ace1-cd92-46f3-8b7f-bad9ff5cd878
  8. Windwos 10 will NOT boot with my HP 15 laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windwos 10 will NOT boot with my HP 15 laptop: I have a HP 15 Notebook and all of a sudden it will not boot Windowa 10. I heard this has been a problem with the HP/Windows 10. But I am hoping to get a fix...
  9. HP Laptop Windows 10 install

HP Laptop Windows 10 install: I have a HP 15 I purchased in January. It came pre installed with Windows 10 from HP. I want to do a clean install. Can I use the media creation tool and make the media to install? My desktop from 2010 I used that tool and upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. But does the...
  10. My HP Desktop will not boot from purchased Win 10 Flash Drive

My HP Desktop will not boot from purchased Win 10 Flash Drive: I currently have Win 7 Home Premium on my HP Desktop. My BIOS has 4 options for booting: Hard Drive; DVD; Floppy (which it says is not installed); and Network (which it says is not installed). The Win 7 on my Desktop is a legit purchased copy. I want to do a 'clean...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to boot and install Windows 10HP

2. how to instal windows 10 in hp15-f272wm

3. 15for hp-15 f272wm