Windows 10: Windows 10 HP Laptop Not Taking PIN, Asking For Password Instead

Discus and support Windows 10 HP Laptop Not Taking PIN, Asking For Password Instead in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; My Windows 10 HP laptop is not taking my PIN anymore, all of a sudden. It's now asking for a password, and I already reset my account password, but... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by ANGELAC1075, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Windows 10 HP Laptop Not Taking PIN, Asking For Password Instead

My Windows 10 HP laptop is not taking my PIN anymore, all of a sudden. It's now asking for a password, and I already reset my account password, but that's not working. I have multiple school deadlines this weekend. I've tried resetting, going to Command Prompt, using all the F keys, etc. No matter what I do, it takes me back to the password screen, and I am stuck. I've had this laptop almost 2 years. Never had an issue. It doesn't give me the option to change my password or anything. Please help. I'm not a tech expert, so please provide SIMPLE instructions to resolve this issue. Thank you

:)

ANGELAC1075, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Gawin91 Win User

Windows 10 asks for password instead of PIN

I restarted my Windows 10 laptop and out of the blue, the login screen decides to ask for a password instead of my PIN which it usually does. Now I don't even remember if iIever set up a password, but if I did, I am very certain that there is only one I
    would have used, but it says it's incorrect. I want to ask if there is a way to make it ask for my PIN instead.

Also, for some reason it isn't showing internet connection even though i have it connected through ethernet.

Gawin91, Nov 15, 2020
  3. All ways ask for account password instead of pin

All ways ask for account password instead of pin and if i try to click on pin icon it say I can not use it due change in privacy option. I have removed my pin and added again just take my account password. How I can make PIN as my default.

juhisrivastava, Nov 15, 2020
  4. Syb101 Win User

Windows 10 HP Laptop Not Taking PIN, Asking For Password Instead

how to set pin instead of password in windows 10

Every time I attempt to change to a pin password; I am told that something went wrong. I am using a HP Laptop. I was using a Pin password, after the a Windows update; I lost the ability to use a Pin Password. I do not want to use my Mircosoft account password,
    I would like to use a 4 digit Pin number.

Syb101, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 HP Laptop Not Taking PIN, Asking For Password Instead

1. Windows 10 HP Laptop Not Taking PIN, Asking For Password Instead - Similar Threads - Laptop Taking PIN

2. windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows suddenly asking for a pin login instead of a password: I am having trouble logging in to my desktop. While streaming I was prompted to sign-in with a pin code which I never created in the first place. This also occurred with my laptop but I was able to login using the Microsoft authenticator app. My desktop doesn't provide that...
  3. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  4. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Asking for password instead of pin.: Last night I reset my PC as it was acting slow and app wouldn't start. I chose the option to keep files. This morning it is asking for a password to login rather than a PIN. I have tried resetting my password but the security questions are not the ones I set. I am thinking...
  5. Asking for password instead of pin.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Windows suddenly asking for a PIN to login instead of Password

Windows suddenly asking for a PIN to login instead of Password: My laptop only accepts a PIN even though I only remember setting up a password.I do not have an option to switch login optionsI also don't see power options, which after doing some research, is the way where I can troubleshoot and uninstall latest updates. I am referencing...
  7. Windows 10 asks for PIN instead of Password on Sign-in screen

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 asks for PIN instead of Password on Sign-in screen: If after updating Windows 10, and at login, you’re prompted for a PIN that you clearly never did set up on your device, you can try the solutions provided in this post to resolve this seemingly bizarre issue. [ATTACH] Windows 10 asks for PIN instead of password on Sign-in...
  8. Windows asks for password instead of pin

Windows asks for password instead of pin: I ised to log in via pin, but today it asked for password, totally out of blue. I couldn’t figure the password so I reset it in my Microsoft account. But new password doesn’t work as well. What do I do?...
  9. Windows 10 suddenly started asking for a PIN instead of password.'

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 suddenly started asking for a PIN instead of password.': So for some reason windows decided to ask for a pin on login instead of the usual password. The issue is, I dont remember ever setting up any pin at all. Is there a way to fix this? If I could somehow reset back to password instead, I would be able to login. I tried...
  10. Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows is asking for a password instead of Pin: Hello I was getting some “host error” every time I’d start my computer so I followed this tutorial method number 3 to fix my problem, I disabled all windows services and restarted my computer. Upon restart it started asking me for my password which I don’t remember even tho...