Windows 10: Windows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd?

Discus and support Windows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently turned my HP 15 notebook back on and it required many updates, including windows 10. Did all that and my PC was still incredibly slow. Reset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MistaerGypsyKing, Feb 9, 2021.

1. Windows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd?

I recently turned my HP 15 notebook back on and it required many updates, including windows 10. Did all that and my PC was still incredibly slow. Reset the PC, still slow and 'not responds' to almost any program. So I bought a Samsung SSD Hard drive to see if that would solve my issue. Transferred all my programs and windows to the SSD using Apricorn & Samsungs migration. I installed the new drive, booted her up, and I get an error code with a blue screen telling my my PC needs to be repaired? I tried looking up fixes to this but I couldn't figure out how to get it to fully boot. So as of now I took out the new SSD and put back in my old HDD drive and I'm back with an incredibly slow HP 15 Notebook and an unusable SSD..

:)

MistaerGypsyKing, Feb 9, 2021

2. Windows 10 cannot boot after migration to SSD

I have upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on my older HDD. After the upgrade, I have migrated onto SSD hard drive. After using for about 2 weeks, I could not boot Windows 10 from the SSD. I gives out error 0x0000225. Also, from other error, it says missing
    Winload.efi

I have referred to other threads from this error, but it requires restore CD or USB recovery which I don't have. Please help!

RidhaYamin, Feb 9, 2021
  3. SeB4299 Win User
    Hp notebook will not boot. Booting from usb drive shows recovery drive as C:

Just looking at a friends Laptop.

Booting this HP notebook gives a message "Boot Drive not found"

"Please install Hard Disk (3F0)".

Using provided recovery does not work and there are no backups.

I am using a recovery drive from my own HP Notebook to investigate.

Using Diskpart List Disk and Partition I can see a drive with 931gb size and 899gb free

I can see a Partition of 32gb of type Primary. This is the recovery drive which boots as drive C: currently. The old C: drive and partition have vanished.

Looking for another view on this I ran fsutil volume list to show three volume /drive combinations

C:/, D:/and X:/.

The X:/ drive is probably my usb drive.

I tried to get a volume allocation report from D:/ using fsutil and got "The device is not ready". Maybe this is just the DVD drive?single

My questions is. Can I get the drive remapped without losing data.

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

SeB4299, Feb 9, 2021
  4. Windows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd?

Swapping drive letters, including boot volume

I have a new computer. I want to clone the system to a new SSD. Can I change the drive letter of the SSD to C: after cloning?

I have a new ASUS M52BC with:

• 1 TB hard drive with a Windows (CWindows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd? :) and empty data (DWindows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd? :) partition
    • Windows 8.1 (I will upgrade to Windows 10 very soon) on the hard drive
    • Samsung SSD 850 EVO (physically installed but nothing more done to it)
    What I want to get to is:

• 1 TB hard drive with the data (DWindows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd? :) partition and (for the old Windows partition) the drive letter of the C: changed to something else
    • Windows 10 on the SSD as the C:
    I don't intend to boot to Windows on the hard drive after I get Windows working on the SSD unless I need to remove the SSD for return to ASUS for repair. (My new computer had a bad motherboard when I received it but I hope I do not need to return it again.)

I want to clone Windows to the SSD using the Samsung Data Migration tool. During the clone, the SSD will of course not have the drive letter "C". To boot from and use the SSD after the cloning, it must have the drive letter "C", correct? I assume the Data
    Migration tool cannot change the drive letter used by the software it clones.

After the clone, how do I swap the drive letters? I assume I cannot change the drive letter of the hard drive Windows partition when it was used to boot from because it would be the boot drive, correct?

I know that some people will suggest that I do a fresh install. I want to avoid doing that if possible.

I see
    Migrate system partition to a new disk
    . I think that describes doing what I am trying to do, but unfortunately he does not know how he did it.

Simple Samples, Feb 9, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd?

1. Windows 10 HP notebook 15 Cannot boot/repair error message after migrating hard drive to ssd? - Similar Threads - notebook Cannot boot

2. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  3. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HP 15 Notebook wont boot: Today, I used "Rufus" to install a custom OS version My BIOS version was F.39 I believe, I went to the "Choose an option." I tried to delete the so called "Windows 11." Again, this is a fan made OS AND IT WOULDNT DELETE It just says, "There was a problem resetting your PC." I...
  4. HP 15 Notebook wont boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive: My OS is Windows 10. I have a 2 TB hard drive, formatted as NTFS, that is partitioned as follows: - System Reserved @ 100 MB 59% free - Local C: @ 886 GB bootable 59% free - Recovery Partition @ 518 MB 100% free - Local F: @ 977 GB 56% free The end goal is to migrate the...
  6. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive: My OS is Windows 10. I have a 2 TB hard drive, formatted as NTFS, that is partitioned as follows: - System Reserved @ 100 MB 59% free - Local C: @ 886 GB bootable 59% free - Recovery Partition @ 518 MB 100% free - Local F: @ 977 GB 56% free The end goal is to migrate the...
  7. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trouble Accessing Hard Drive After Migration to SSD: So about a month ago, I migrated my entire hard drive to an SSD, and apparently for the last month, it has been using the hard drive instead of the SSD to do everything. Today I took apart my computer to clean a bunch of parts out and I decided to not plug in my hard drive,...
  9. Hp 15 notebook Bluetooth

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hp 15 notebook Bluetooth: Hello am Solomon please help me, i have an hp 15 notebook laptop but I don't know how to switch on the Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-15-notebook-bluetooth/d9066791-4b33-49e0-ad35-c34a362a1ebd
  10. hard drive on hp notebook laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive on hp notebook laptop: I recently acquired an hp laptop and it said install operating system and cannot find boot device. I ran the test on the hard drive and it failed so I replaced it with a 500gb hd I was using in my desktop for recording music for extra storage. I ran the test again and it came...