Windows 10: Windows 10 Hyper-V could not turn on

Discus and support Windows 10 Hyper-V could not turn on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I am Pradeep. I have few docker containers running on Hyper-V. After installing 1903 update, my docker could not start because magically my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by pyamujala, Jul 7, 2019.

1. pyamujala Win User

Windows 10 Hyper-V could not turn on

Hello, I am Pradeep. I have few docker containers running on Hyper-V. After installing 1903 update, my docker could not start because magically my Hyper-V uninstalled. When I try to install again using "Turn on and Off Windows Features", the installer showing an error. The error reads as "The parameter is incorrect" and error code is 0x80070057. The event viewer showing error as "Update Microsoft-Hyper-V-Management-Clients of package Microsoft-Hyper-V-ClientEdition failed to be turned on. Status: 0x80070057."

When I checked online, many pointing to BIOS setting for virtualization. Which is turned on in my case (both VT-x and VT-d). The performance tab under task manager saying the virtualization technology is enabled. I even took the pain to reset my installation but still the issue persists.

Can anyone help me to solve this issue?

:)

pyamujala, Jul 7, 2019

2. Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

NarekGrigoryan, Jul 7, 2019
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jul 7, 2019
  4. JimWynne Win User

Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

If you have Windows 10 Pro and a 64-bit processor, check the other requirements I linked to in my previous post.

JimWynne, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Hyper-V could not turn on - Similar Threads - Hyper turn

2. Enabling Hyper-V causes Windows 10 unable to boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Enabling Hyper-V causes Windows 10 unable to boot: I'm having issues enabling Hyper-V in the "Add Windows Features" option in the control panel. I was hoping to increase performance with Google's Android Emulator for testing. Upon enabling Hyper-V, Windows applies changes and resets. Windows is then unable to boot after this....
  3. Hyper-V Network Error - The operation cannot be performed while the object is in use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Network Error - The operation cannot be performed while the object is in use: I learned how to Configure the Switch manager from a video and I believe that I configured it right[ATTACH], then this happened " ***Original Title: Hyper-V Network Error***...
  4. How do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V?: how do I transfer files from Windows 10 host to Windows XP guest in Hyper-V? * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: windows XP and hyper-v problems...
  5. Hyper-V subservice causes Blue Screen on Windows 10 1903

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V subservice causes Blue Screen on Windows 10 1903: I have Windows 10 1903 with Ryzen 7 3700X CPU and Gigabyte X570 Aoruse Elite motherboard. When I try to manually start service with a name "Usługa obliczeniowa gościa funkcji hyper-v" (sorry I am unable to translate it, it might be something like "Hyper-v guest calculation...
  6. Why does Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 keep turning off Hyper-V Virtualization...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why does Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 keep turning off Hyper-V Virtualization...: Hardware - HP Elite SFF 8300, i5-3470 cpu, 32GB RAM, 1 TB hard drive. OS - Windows 10 Pro v1809 build 17763.503 I enabled Virtualization in BIOS. I save and exit. I soft power down PC. I boot up, immediately go into BIOS and setting is enabled. I then reboot PC...
  7. Hyper-V turns on automatically after restart, following update to 1803-17134.523, Windows...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V turns on automatically after restart, following update to 1803-17134.523, Windows...: Hi all, After update to build 17134.523, I've noticed that after every restart Hyper-V turns itself on. This is quite annoying, since turning it off or on requires two additional restarts. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there any solution? If I turn it off, I expect it...
  8. If I Go To Turn Windows features on or off and Un-check Hyper V...

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    If I Go To Turn Windows features on or off and Un-check Hyper V...: ...and reboot my understanding is that Hyper-V will be uninstalled. Is that right. I am having all sorts of issues trying to get "networked" after installing a VM (7, 10 and I even tried XP). It seems that despite following the guide I am not seeing any adapter for the VM to...
  9. Turn on VTx Windows 10 Pro. Hyper V is off in "Windows features". Virtualisation on in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn on VTx Windows 10 Pro. Hyper V is off in "Windows features". Virtualisation on in...: Hi ALL, I am looking to turn on VTx Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit. Hyper V is off in "Windows features". Virtualisation on in BIOS. Acceleration greyed out in VirtualBox. I'm not sure if the latest update has affected this option or something else is conflicting or not. I can...
  10. Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10: I've done all this and it's still greyed out when I connect to the vm, under: Tools>Enhanced Session. I've enabled Guest services, disabled secure boot, turned on Remote Desktop Services on the host and on the vm, and tried creating different vm's with different configs: Gen1...