Windows 10: Windows 10 Hyper-V network connectivity lost after a while

Discus and support Windows 10 Hyper-V network connectivity lost after a while in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm using the latest Windows 10 Pro build, installed Hyper-V, created a VM (windows 10 as well), with the default switch. Once up and running, the VM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by arlgb, Nov 17, 2018.

1. arlgb Win User

Windows 10 Hyper-V network connectivity lost after a while

I'm using the latest Windows 10 Pro build, installed Hyper-V, created a VM (windows 10 as well), with the default switch. Once up and running, the VM got Windows updates, and eventually lost network connectivity with the host. I re-created the VM 3 times now and same thing, after a while the connectivity is lost. Inside the VM there are no network connections. I tried un-installing Hyper-V and re-installing it, on the host, and nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

:)

arlgb, Nov 17, 2018

2. Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, Nov 17, 2018
  3. delstam Win User
    Hyper-V Connection Lost

I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There is no one else connected to it. After doing some research online, I discovered that others are also experiencing this issue. For what it's worth, Windows 8 is the host OS and one of the suggestions was to install the optional Windows update KB3071740, however that did not solve it. Has anyone found a workaround? It is frustrating not having the ability to run Windows 10 in enhanced mode in Hyper-V.

delstam, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Kari Win User

Cannot connect to network in Hyper-V when using default network

Instead of using RDP to connect to virtual machines which are using Default switch on remote host, I just add that host to my Hyper-V Manager on primary host.

Click Hyper-V Manager on left pane:

Windows 10 Hyper-V network connectivity lost after a while [​IMG]

On Actions pane, select Connect to Server:

Enter remote Hyper-V host name:

If that remote host does not have exactly the same admin user credentials than your primary host, select Connect as another user entering the credentials to remote host:

That's it.

Note To connect to remote Hyper-V host, both your primary host and remote host must have WinRM service running and Trusted Hosts list on both hosts must contain both computers.

Prerequisites are exactly the same than in using Windows Admin Center to connect to remote computers. See Part One in this tutorial to set both computers up correctly: Windows Admin Center - Centrally manage all your Windows 10 PCs | Windows 10 Tutorials

Step 3.9 in above mentioned tutorial will show some troubleshooting tips if you cannot add remote hosts in Hyper-V Manager.
    This way, you can connect to any VM on remote host, with normal or enhanced mode. This basically makes RDP unnecessary.

Thema:

1. Windows 10 Hyper-V network connectivity lost after a while - Similar Threads - Hyper network connectivity

2. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  3. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  4. HYPER V LOST

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HYPER V LOST: I HAVE WINDOW 10 HOME VERSION. IT USED TO HAVE HYPER V BUT AFTER THE UPDATE THE HYPER V IS MISSING FROM MY PC. BY WHICH I AM UNABLE TO PLAY GAMESS. PLEASE HELP MA FIX IT AS SONAS POSSIBLE AND MY TOURNAMENT IS GOING TO BE HELD SOON....
  5. Hyper-V Network adapter not connected in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V Network adapter not connected in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Hyper-V is a great utility built right inside the Windows 10 Pro and Enterprise editions to enable users to deploy Virtual Machines and other virtualization objects on their computers. Mostly used by the enterprise, Hyper-V is mostly used to deploy [...]...
  6. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  7. Hyper-V Connection Lost

Hyper-V Connection Lost: I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There...
  8. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V: Hello. I'm hoping somebody knowledgeable can help me. I've looked online and I can't find an answer for this problem. I've just recently picked up windows 10 (It's been less than a week so I'm admittedly a noob with it) and I want to create a virtual machine. I've gone...
  9. Hyper-v guest internet connection lost after booting as VHDX.

Hyper-v guest internet connection lost after booting as VHDX.: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro (10240) and have a guest Windows 10 VM (10528) which were working fine. Both were activated and connected to internet correctly. Today I booted the VM as native boot VHDX. This installed some drivers, connected to internet and...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. after disabling windows scripting host network connectivity is lost

2. hyper-v vm lost network connectivity after host update

3. hyper-v windows 10 network discconect after a while

4. hyper-v the connection to the remote computer was lost windows 10 inside