Windows 10: Windows 10 Hyper-V Running WIndows 10 as a guest OS

Discus and support Windows 10 Hyper-V Running WIndows 10 as a guest OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to run WIndows 10 pro as a guest operating system running under WIndows 10 pro Hyper-V I currently run Windows 7 under Windows 10 pro Hyper-V.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Jijammer, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Jijammer Win User

Windows 10 Hyper-V Running WIndows 10 as a guest OS

I want to run WIndows 10 pro as a guest operating system running under WIndows 10 pro Hyper-V

I currently run Windows 7 under Windows 10 pro Hyper-V.

Should I just upgrade the Windows 7 "guest" OS to Windows 10?

I'm thinking I'd like a fresh install and just copy over the things I want from Windows 7.

Please advise.

:)

Jijammer, Jan 17, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

I am using the Microsoft Hyper-V virtual machine software on 1 of my Windows 10 PCs and have all kinds of VMs (Guest OSes) under it.
    By default, Hyper-V gives very basic GPU capability to the VMs, without even 2D acceleration, but for Windows Vista or higher Guest OSes, an option to have some 2D/3D GPU/DirectX acceleration exists by adding a RemoteFX adapter to the Guest OS.

When I do this, then run GPU-Z on the VM/Guest OS, NO proper (or any) info shows, see screenshot:

Windows 10 Hyper-V Running WIndows 10 as a guest OS jae.png

Larger shot is here: Dropbox - img-2017-02-23-10-18-28.png - Simplify your life

DxDiag info of GPU is here: Файл из Облака Mail.ru

Expected: Show Microsoft logo as videocard maker logo, list OS used (Windows 10 in this case, but could be Vista, Windows 7, 8/8.1/etc), and amount of memory of the GPU (such as 128 MB, 256 MB/etc).

Please add!

3. Naki Win User
    Windows 10 Host -- Windows 10 Guest Hyper-V -- GPU not detected

No, the RemoteFX adapter provides good enough 2D/3D acceleration just fine. Not software in any way, it is full hardware 2D/3D acceleration.
    I am not using a generic driver in the Host OS, nor in the Guest OS in any way.
    Host OS has latest AMD Radeon drivers, Guest OS - the matching RemoteFX drivers.

I am not 3D rendering or playing heavy games in the VM, of course. *Smile Windows 10 Hyper-V Running WIndows 10 as a guest OS :)
    I do not use or need Linux here. Windows 10 Host, Windows Guests.

4. Jijammer Win User

"The newest Windows feature update is here" appears in Hyper-V Guest OS

I'm running Windows 10 Professional and do all my work in a Hyper-V Guest OS, Windows 7. I get the "The newest Windows feature update is here" pop-up in my guest OS. All I have running is firefox

I can still click start, run programs, etc. in Windows 10, but the Windows 7 Guest OS is locked until I click "Restart, Pick a time, or Snooze"

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Jijammer, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 Hyper-V Running WIndows 10 as a guest OS - Similar Threads - Hyper Running guest

2. Hyper V for windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V for windows 10: Can Hyper-V added to windows features, so that i can turn it on so i can run an app. How do i even get Hyper-V added to my computer in general? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-for-windows-10/99ebe949-cf2a-44ab-a6a7-b28f08f6794b
  3. Enhanced Session issues on Windows 10 v1909 Hyper-V Guests

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enhanced Session issues on Windows 10 v1909 Hyper-V Guests: When setting up Windows 10 v1909 as a Guest OS on a Hyper-V Virtual Machine, switching over to the Enhanced Session has issues. Basically, it just hangs. Once I attempt a reconnect, it won't reconnect. I can't even send a "Shut Down" command to the VM from outside the...
  4. Error for running Game on Hyper-V Guest [ Unsupported GPU in Guest ]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error for running Game on Hyper-V Guest [ Unsupported GPU in Guest ]: Hi. I installed Hyper-V in Windows server 2016 & created Guest with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC & Enabled RemoteFX 3D Video Adaptor & specified 1g memory for that. After Insallation "CSGO Game" in Guest; this is error shown by running that [ATTACH] while that game...
  5. Choose OS: Guest OS on Hyper-V for supporting RemoteFX

Choose OS: Guest OS on Hyper-V for supporting RemoteFX: Hi I have Windows server 2016 as Host OS & need to choice a guest OS for supporting remoteFX using GPU on VM. its important that guest OS use low source & be fast performance +remoteFX & using GPU +fast Performance .......which one? guide me plz/...
  6. Hyper-V Memory Error on Ubuntu Guest OS

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Memory Error on Ubuntu Guest OS: I get an error when I run Linux Ubuntu on Hyper-V saying I need more memory to run it. What does it mean and how do I fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-memory-error-on-ubuntu-guest-os/64f2c32c-feba-44d4-a1ac-ec15566041e2"
  7. Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed: What are the best memory settings for a Windows 10 Guest on Hyper-V? 16 Gb of physical memory 127556
  8. No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest: I have an old DOS program that runs fine in a console window under native Windows XP. I've setup a shortcut on the XP machines and selected full screen. When the application runs it opens full screen. On a Windows 10 with a Hyper-V instance of Windows XP the application is...
  9. Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of the external virtual switch. I have 2 NICs on the host system, both with network access and internet access. The external...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...