Windows 10: Windows 10 & Hyper-V

Discus and support Windows 10 & Hyper-V in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've recently been trying to use AMD virtualization SVM on my Windows 10 Home Edition. I keep running into problems where virtualization programs say... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by John Jeans, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 & Hyper-V

I've recently been trying to use AMD virtualization SVM on my Windows 10 Home Edition.

I keep running into problems where virtualization programs say my computer does not support virtualization but my Ryzen 5 2600X supports it and SVM is enabled in the bios.

The reason Hyper-V is in the title is because these errors lead me to believe Hyper-V is stopping 3rd party virtualization from working. Now I KNOW Windows 10 Home does now allow Hyper-V to be installed, but when look at my system information with msinfo32.exe I can see elements of Hyper-V showing up there.

In the end I want to know if even though Home Edition does not allow Hyper-V, are there still elements of it that can cause problems with virtualization. If so how do I disable them?

:)

John Jeans, Sep 27, 2020
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

4. Windows 10 & Hyper-V

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 & Hyper-V

1. Windows 10 & Hyper-V - Similar Threads - Hyper

2. Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Export Win10 Hyper-V VM and import into Server 2016: I am having trouble moving a VM from windows 10 to Server 2016. I have updated Win 10 to 20H2 and applied all available windows updates. I created a VM on Win 10, exported it, and then copied to a server 2016 computer with Hyper-V installed but it does not present as...
  3. Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop connection to Hyper-V Android VM: I have an Android 8 virtual machine running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. However I am unable to get sound working on the Android VM. I have tried absolutely everything I could find on google with no success. Some write ups say I must connect to the VM through RDP instead of...
  4. How to restore auto zoom level in Hyper-V VM window

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to restore auto zoom level in Hyper-V VM window: I used View -> Zoom Level -> 25% on my Hyper-V VM window to move it away into a corner, but now I can't restore it as the View menu is no longer displayed. How do I reset it to auto or 100%? [ATTACH]...
  5. How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How isolated is a Linux virtual machine running inside of hyper-v: Hi all, New windows user alert : I'm wondering how isolated can a Linux virtual machine be running inside Hyper-V. On mac I run linux inside VMware Fusion with isolation settings set to max e.g. no file sharing, clipboard etc... and whenever I have a suspicious URL or...
  6. Hyper-V Sound

Hyper-V Sound: I have an Android VM running in Hyper-V on Windows 10. I would like to establish at least sound on the Android VM. I have followed the instructions as per https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/58091-use-local-devices-resources-hyper-v-virtual-machine-windows.html without...
  7. Why is Hyper V So bad?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Why is Hyper V So bad?: Been on this for days now, trying to run enhanced session. First ubuntu failed to run enhanced despite trying everything an following every fix, but at least that runs, never had an issue with oracle vm box an installing windows operating systems either. Just spent several...
  8. Can't disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Can't disable Hyper-V: I set up WSL2 and I started getting "Internal power error" BSODs and also system freezes without BSODs when I woke my laptop from sleep or hibernate. I uninstalled Ubuntu and turned off WSL in Windows Features, but I still get the BSODs. I ran System Info and found that a...
  9. Hyper-V Internet Access

Hyper-V Internet Access: Please, is there anyone out there that can help me with connecting a Hyper-V virtual machine to the internet? I have now tried everything possible and read everything I could find on the internet, but still my VMs refuse to connect to the internet. What am I still doing...
  10. Windows 10 (build 19041.508) | Hyper-V Networking issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 (build 19041.508) | Hyper-V Networking issue: Hello all, I have googled and cannot for the life of me figure this issue out that I am currently having. I have a windows 10 vm and a quick created ubuntu 20.04 vm. Both of them have two "network adapters". One for External access, and another running the Default Switch....