Windows 10: Windows 10 Hyper V

Discus and support Windows 10 Hyper V in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Has anyone else noticed that windows 10 runs like an absoulte dog when running as a hyper V "GUEST" as compaired to windows 2012r2 Server? 174668 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by mgiannelis, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Windows 10 Hyper V

Has anyone else noticed that windows 10 runs like an absoulte dog when running as a hyper V "GUEST" as compaired to windows 2012r2 Server?

:)

mgiannelis, Feb 22, 2021
  2. 'Mike P Win User

How to enable Hyper V windows 10

fwiw;

Operating System Requirements

The Hyper-V
    role can be enabled on these versions of Windows 10:

• Windows 10 Enterprise
    • Windows 10 Professional
    • Windows 10 Education
    The Hyper-V role cannot be installed on:

• Windows 10 Home
    • Windows 10 Mobile
    • Windows 10 Mobile Enterprise

'Mike P, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Moving Hyper-V to Another Disk

1. Export the virtual machines to the drive where you want to move them (tutorial).
    2. When all VMs have been exported, delete them in Hyper-V Manager.
    3. When Hyper-V Manager is empty, not showing any VMs, import the previously exported VMs (tutorial). In Option One Step 6 of the tutorial, you need to select Register the virtual machine in-place, or if choosing Option Two in tutorial, select Step 2.
    Easy!

4. Windows 10 Hyper V

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Windows 10 Hyper V

1. Windows 10 Hyper V - Similar Threads - Hyper

2. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...: The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn...
  3. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...: The VMS are 4 x Windows 10 Pro, 2 x Server 2022 Standard. I have run DISM restore health sfc /scannow chkdsk /r /f with no issues found! 2 of the Win10 and 1 of the server VMs are crashing. The mini-dumps point to bad driver ntoskrnl.exe from bad address ntoskrnl.exe+42xxxIn...
  4. Need Help!!! I am running a fully patched Hyper-V Server 2016 with 6 VMs. 3 of them are bug...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Setting up hyper threading

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up hyper threading: Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-hyper-threading/6b8475df-830a-482d-b7a1-39c684551604
  6. Setting up hyper threading

Setting up hyper threading: Is it possible to enable hyper threading on Intel processors only in games? And in idle time it was turned off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-hyper-threading/6b8475df-830a-482d-b7a1-39c684551604
  7. Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running: Looking for a way to tell the Host Windows 11 OS to not sleep while a Hyper-V VM is running. Powercfg /requestsoverride does literally nothing. I've tried; vmwp.exe is the VM worker and is running while the VM is, mmc.exe is the management interface for Hyper-Vpowercfg...
  8. Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running

Preventing system sleep ONLY while Hyper-V VM is running: Looking for a way to tell the Host Windows 11 OS to not sleep while a Hyper-V VM is running. Powercfg /requestsoverride does literally nothing. I've tried; vmwp.exe is the VM worker and is running while the VM is, mmc.exe is the management interface for Hyper-Vpowercfg...
  9. Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?

Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?: I wanted to Use hyper-V function on PC windows 11 PC.I belive the problem can be that i run it on not supported hardware. I run it on FX 8300.It works perfectly fine but when i insall the Hyper-v function and turned it on it bios i got Bluescreens.Can it be a diffrent reason...
  10. Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?: I wanted to Use hyper-V function on PC windows 11 PC.I belive the problem can be that i run it on not supported hardware. I run it on FX 8300.It works perfectly fine but when i insall the Hyper-v function and turned it on it bios i got Bluescreens.Can it be a diffrent reason...