Windows 10: Windows 10 I am unable to ping to my PC on IP4 from any other device on same network

Discus and support Windows 10 I am unable to ping to my PC on IP4 from any other device on same network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Team, I am trying to ping to my system ip address from other device in same network but ping is not reachable. Not sure its hiding/ Restricting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Yuvaraja Subramani, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Windows 10 I am unable to ping to my PC on IP4 from any other device on same network

Hi Team,

I am trying to ping to my system ip address from other device in same network but ping is not reachable. Not sure its hiding/ Restricting incoming connection. Able to connect to internet.

I have added rule firewall for ICMPv4. Turned off Firewall and tried still no luck.

The network connection in Private Do discover on home or work discoverable.

Started these below services are running fine.

1. DNS Client
    2. Function Discovery Resource Publication
    3. UPnP Device Host

Please help me on this. Thank you.

:)

Yuvaraja Subramani, Jul 14, 2020
  2. WBBarnett Win User

"No Internet Access" on Ethernet and Wireless - Windows 10

Steps taken to resolve:

• Downloaded from Realtek and installed Windows 10 driver for Realtek PCIe FE Family device
    • reset winsock and ip4 and ip6.
    • reset DNS cache
    • forced media connection by changing ip4 to fixed ip address, gateway, and dns server. Able to ping other devices on network - including gateway, but could not connect to internet. Diagnose unable to find issue with connection.
      • "ipconfig /release" message is "no operation can be performed on (adapter name) while it has its media disconnected."
    • when using DHCP, do not receive response from default gateway, so ipconfig has strange addresses. Diagnose returns:
      • "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration.
    • all other computers on network able to use DHCP for addresses.

trudging through topics on tech forum(s) to find other solutions. Need suggestions on resolution.

WBBarnett, Jul 14, 2020
  3. jackin Win User
    Unable to add network printer HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP on Windows 10 PC.

Issue: Unable to add network printer HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP on Windows 10

Laptop ThinkPad T480 OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro X64
    Printer: HP PageWide Pro 577 MFP

Steps i have taken to resolve issue:

Network settings are:

Printer IP address: 172.29.235.46

PC IP settings:
    IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.29.232.19
    Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.240.0
    Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 172.29.232.10

Both laptop and printer connected to same open WiFi network.

Neither Windows nor HP installation will detect printer over the network automatically.

I tried adding it using printer's IP address: 172.29.235.46, no good.

Checked if two devices are on same network.
    Range of network: 172.29.224.1 - 172.29.239.254
    PC and Printer IP's are on the same network, however, ping fails:

C:\WINDOWS\system32>ping 172.29.235.46
    Pinging 172.29.235.46 with 32 bytes of data:
    Reply from 172.29.232.19: Destination host unreachable.

Cannot ping default gateway either:

C:\Users\XYZ>ping 172.29.232.10
    Pinging 172.29.232.10 with 32 bytes of data:
    Request timed out.

I'm connected to internet & browse the internet normally.
    Network discovery, file and printer sharing is turned on.

1. How to figure out what might be causing it?
    2. As per my knowledge if two devices are on same network they should have no problem talking.
    3. Could any please advise next steps? TY

jackin, Jul 14, 2020
  4. Windows 10 I am unable to ping to my PC on IP4 from any other device on same network

Solved: Can't see other computers in Workgroup on Windows 10

Hmmm , I am having a similar problem but I don't use PINS .

Suddenly, today, from my MAIN pc, I can no longer see my other networked PCs in File Manager. I can see all other networked devices, just not the computers!!! I can ping the other computers, I can remote access all computer vis TeamViewer, but I cannot see other computer or map a drive ( as I no longer can see them listed).

On the other PCs, I can see all my computers, including the MAIN one. All discovery in on for all computers as it always was. Everything is on the same workgroup ; nothing is on a homegroup. Everything in on Windows 10.

Was working fine all this time. until today. Any suggestions?

mediaman09, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 I am unable to ping to my PC on IP4 from any other device on same network

1. Windows 10 I am unable to ping to my PC on IP4 from any other device on same network - Similar Threads - unable ping IP4

2. Device in the same local network pings but the other one not.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Device in the same local network pings but the other one not.: Hi,I have 2 network devices PLCs connected to a server running on windows server 2012 R. The ip address of my server is 192.168.0.100 whereas as the ip addresses of the 2 different devices connected to it are 192.168.0.251 & 252 respectively with gateway as 192.168.0.1. The...
  3. Device in the same local network pings but the other one not.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Device in the same local network pings but the other one not.: Hi,I have 2 network devices PLCs connected to a server running on windows server 2012 R. The ip address of my server is 192.168.0.100 whereas as the ip addresses of the 2 different devices connected to it are 192.168.0.251 & 252 respectively with gateway as 192.168.0.1. The...
  4. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to ping machine connected to the same network: Hello Support, I have a windows 2016 server machine running on vmware 6.7, it's connected to the internet just fine. I can ping 8.8.8.8, the gateway, and all network configurations are in order. However, if i want to connect to it by remote desktop. I get an error telling me...
  5. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

Unable to ping machine connected to the same network: Hello Support, I have a windows 2016 server machine running on vmware 6.7, it's connected to the internet just fine. I can ping 8.8.8.8, the gateway, and all network configurations are in order. However, if i want to connect to it by remote desktop. I get an error telling me...
  6. Unable to ping machine connected to the same network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...

My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...: My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP virtual Server and the results are different. Would you please answer it....
  8. My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...

My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...: My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP virtual Server and the results are different. Would you please answer it....
  9. My Question I am pinging a terminal from local PC and the same terminal pinging from RDP...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Unable to Connect or Ping Wifi Printer; Other Computers on the Same Network Can

Unable to Connect or Ping Wifi Printer; Other Computers on the Same Network Can: I have one laptop that is unable to connect or ping devices on the network, of primary concern is a wifi connected printer. Other computers on the network are working just fine; the problem is isolated to just the one computer. Things that have been verified:Problem...