Windows 10: Windows 10 I can't connect my new WD external hard drive

Discus and support Windows 10 I can't connect my new WD external hard drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; With Windows 10 I can't connect my new WD external hard drive. I get error message: location is not available .... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CherylRoewer, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Windows 10 I can't connect my new WD external hard drive

With Windows 10 I can't connect my new WD external hard drive. I get error message:

location is not available .

:)

CherylRoewer, Jun 27, 2020

2. Windows 10 not finding WD passport external hard drive

Hi Shirley,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that the external drive is not detecting in Windows 10. We will help you.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• Is the issue specific to the WD external drive or any other devices also?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Did you try connecting it to any other devices and check what is the result?
    Please post us back with more information to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 27, 2020
  3. AnneFox1 Win User
    I can not find my WD external hard drive on my newest computer to download?

I have opened the file you suggested but how does that assist me to get the WD external hard drive connected to the computer

AnneFox1, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Windows 10 I can't connect my new WD external hard drive

WD external hard drive

I'm currently running windows 10 and I have a WD MY BOOK 3T EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE. My laptop is a DELL LATITUDE E6530. When I plug in the hard drive, neither of the laptop or windows recognizes that its plugged in except for in device manager. and there's
    no opening it. I used it before windows 10 but now it says I can't restore to Windows 7 because I didn't have restore set up. I'm not even sure that's the problem. All I know is that I've accessed it before without any problems but its been quite some time.
    I'm needing suggestions or remote help to tell me what the problem is because I need it to open up space on the laptop

djohnson13, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows 10 I can't connect my new WD external hard drive

1. Windows 10 I can't connect my new WD external hard drive - Similar Threads - can't connect external

2. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  3. Can't Connect External Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Connect External Hard Drive: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  4. Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.: I need help with an external hard drive not working on my laptop computer. The external drive is a WD My Passport 2tb. I'm running Windows 11. I am not a computer literate when it comes to something not working right out of the box. I did try several "hacks" recommended on...
  5. Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer not recognizing new WD My Passport 2tb external hard drive.: I need help with an external hard drive not working on my laptop computer. The external drive is a WD My Passport 2tb. I'm running Windows 11. I am not a computer literate when it comes to something not working right out of the box. I did try several "hacks" recommended on...
  6. WD My passport External hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WD My passport External hard drive not working: The name and bar showing up shows fine, but when I try to download something it automatically goes to the C:/original hard drive. It ends up saying disk space full because my disk space on C:/ is full. How do I set up My Passport so it can take in files?...
  7. Can't connect to my external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't connect to my external hard drive.: Windows 10 Pro, Winver 1909OS Build 18363.959 When my Eternal Hard drive is plugged in none of my usb sticks can be detected, disk manager won't load, my computer wont restart, it gets stuck, if i try to enter chkdsk.exe /f /r into cmd the dialog stops at cannot lock...
  8. My WD Passport external hard drive won't open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My WD Passport external hard drive won't open: I've tried all of the recommendations posted and none have worked. What else can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wd-passport-external-hard-drive-wont-open/4cb1db83-c269-4d71-8fe2-e7c9e11a1155
  9. I can't eject my WD Elements external hard drive. It shows "This device is currently in...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can't eject my WD Elements external hard drive. It shows "This device is currently in...: submitted by /u/TaranStark [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fztxhe/i_cant_eject_my_wd_elements_external_hard_drive/
  10. WD My Passport external hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WD My Passport external hard drive: I am CONSTANTLY prompted to Re-Connect my Backup harddrive bc some files did not backup. I try to look at files but cant open and the files are tiny. SHOULD I BE WORRIED ABOUT TROJAN FILES ? Are they old orphan files from some uninstalled app. I KNOW, a list of files and...