Windows 10: Windows 10 I have set up my new computer with the wrong user/admistrator account how can I...

Discus and support Windows 10 I have set up my new computer with the wrong user/admistrator account how can I... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My user shows a name I can not remember putting in and need to remove and correct the user/admistrator account it is keeping me from being able to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kellythomas2646, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Windows 10 I have set up my new computer with the wrong user/admistrator account how can I...

My user shows a name I can not remember putting in and need to remove and correct the user/admistrator account it is keeping me from being able to use my printer. How do I delete an erroneous user account and replace??

:)

kellythomas2646, Jan 8, 2019
  2. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown Windows 10 I have set up my new computer with the wrong user/admistrator account how can I... :(

Zakin, Jan 8, 2019
  3. Windows 10 New User Accounts

• Which is the new user account type you have created and facing these issue?
    Built in Administrator account

Local Account

MS Account

2. Have you made any changes on these accounts after creating them?

Not initially. Tried rebooting, removing and readding after a reboot. Tried adding via CLI and GUI interfaces

After that I tried one of the suggestions and tried coping a good account over the newly created account. That did not work

3. Does this issue persists on any specific user account?

No it persists on all newly created accounts do not work

4. What are the troubleshooting steps you have created in resolving the issue?

Just the ones mentioned in Step 2

5. Do let us know if you have any user account with no issues on your computer?

only the initial account that was created when I upgraded to windows 10

Robert Cantrell, Jan 8, 2019
  4. Windows 10 I have set up my new computer with the wrong user/admistrator account how can I...

Wrong account linked to computer

Hello,

Thank you for your reply,

I would suggest you to enable default administrator account by going into recovery options.

You might have to boot from the installation media and go to command prompt. Follow the instructions on Windows 10 Software Download page to create media:
    http://www.microsoft.com/software-download/windows10

After creating the media, boot the computer from the medium and then try the following steps to go into command prompt in Windows 10.

• Contact the computer manufacturer to know on how to change the boot order of the computer. You will have to change the boot device to CD/DVD drive and then boot from the Windows 10 installation disk.
    • In the “Windows Setup” dialog box that appears, set the Time and currency format, Keyboard or input method and the language to install and then click “Next”.
    • Click on “Repair your computer” from the lower left corner.
    • From the “Choose an option screen”, click on “Troubleshoot”.
    • Click “Advanced Options” in the “Troubleshoot” screen.
    • In the “Advanced Options” screen, click “Command prompt”.
    Enter the following command to enable the hidden administrator account:

net user administrator /active:yes

Once default administrator account is enabled try to create a new user account and check.

Try these steps to create a new user account and check if it fixes the issue. Refer to the steps below to create a new User Account:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts and then select Other User Accounts towards the left.
    • Select Add an Account.
    • Enter a user name and hit Next.
    • Click on Finish.
    • Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    • Check if issue persists.

Note: Please follow the same steps and type
    net user administrator /active: no to disable admin account after the troubleshooting is done.

Please reply us back after performing the steps. We would be happy to assist you further on the issue.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10 I have set up my new computer with the wrong user/admistrator account how can I...

1. Windows 10 I have set up my new computer with the wrong user/admistrator account how can I... - Similar Threads - set computer wrong

2. how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer: I had to set up a new computer I'm trying to set this one up the same way but Micro soft wont let me I used to have 2 separate accounts for myself and my sons business it wont let me do this now please help...
  3. how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer: I had to set up a new computer I'm trying to set this one up the same way but Micro soft wont let me I used to have 2 separate accounts for myself and my sons business it wont let me do this now please help...
  4. how do I set up a separate account for another user on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  6. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.: I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account. I followed the directions on previous threats to correct the situation I logged in on a local account and then switched over to the new MS account. However, the computer, even though I am logged in with a different...
  7. I set up my computer with the wrong Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...: See above question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-that-i-set-up-with-wrong/6502221a-e487-479d-9b0c-225abf9199cd
  9. I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...

I have a new computer that I set up with wrong Microsoft account. How do I delete wrong...: See above question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-computer-that-i-set-up-with-wrong/6502221a-e487-479d-9b0c-225abf9199cd
  10. how can I set up a second user on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    how can I set up a second user on Windows 10: how can I set up a second user on Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-set-up-a-second-user-on-windows-10/3e45cf52-7420-44a3-b098-1012c7b66dfb

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i set up my computer with the wrong account