Windows 10: windows 10 i keep getting error code -2 when trying to play my games

Discus and support windows 10 i keep getting error code -2 when trying to play my games in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; when I try to play MY GAMES Hoyle card games it says failed to change display settings error c ode -2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by karenannpg, Aug 20, 2018.

1. windows 10 i keep getting error code -2 when trying to play my games

when I try to play MY GAMES Hoyle card games it says failed to change display settings error c ode -2

:)

karenannpg, Aug 20, 2018
  2. linhlz Win User

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

• Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    • Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    • You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    • Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    • Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Aug 20, 2018
  3. games won't play in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

Please share a few details:

• Which game are you referring to?

• Are you playing the game online or offline?

• What happens when you try to play the game?

• Do you receive any error message/code?

I request you to try installing the game in compatibility mode and check.

Follow these steps to install the game in compatibility mode.

• Download the game from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
      ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
      ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select
      Windows 10
      from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Feel free to get back to us with the required information to assist you further.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Aug 20, 2018
  4. windows 10 i keep getting error code -2 when trying to play my games

Trying to launch game, receiving error code: 0xc000007b

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reasons why you are getting this error code: 0xc000007b when launching a game. One of which is having a corrupted game file. To help you resolve this concern, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• Are you experiencing the issue with your other games?
    • Have you made any changes on your computer prior to this concern?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the affected game?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps. This can help remove problems with an app from Microsoft Store. To do this, kindly refer to the link below:

Click here

Wilfred Mac, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

windows 10 i keep getting error code -2 when trying to play my games

1. windows 10 i keep getting error code -2 when trying to play my games - Similar Threads - keep getting error

2. I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.: Please guide me on how to fix blue screen and it only happens on games and espacially roblox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-wheauncorrectableerror-when-playing/4baa23ec-4b3d-45a7-a812-a5573043fdbb
  3. I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11: I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-an-error-message-when-playing-games/6f07cbb8-314f-4d83-97bb-a89999a7c4df
  4. I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11

I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11: I keep getting an error message when playing games on windows 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-an-error-message-when-playing-games/6f07cbb8-314f-4d83-97bb-a89999a7c4df
  5. I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.

I keep getting WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR when playing games.: This BSOD has occurred on Roblox and Phasmophobia, This error never happens when not in a game. I have 3 minidump files if that helps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-keep-getting-wheauncorrectableerror-when-playing/4939c8a3-7076-4fff-be9f-a9887dcfb229
  6. error when trying to play a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error when trying to play a game: I am trying to play Majesty Gold. I have installed it directly from the disk. When I try to play it, I get an error that says "unable to init directdraw". I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. I have tried to change my resolution. I don't have the option to change it to...
  7. Getting this error when I try to play a Kholat Game on PC.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting this error when I try to play a Kholat Game on PC.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/soumyadeep980 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hhdbjm/getting_this_error_when_i_try_to_play_a_kholat/
  8. Error codes 0X00A208E6 and 0X00000184 when I try to play a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error codes 0X00A208E6 and 0X00000184 when I try to play a game: What does error code 0X00A208E6 and 0X00000184 mean? I get this everytime I try to play a game. The game downloads fine but when I click on it this error code comes up. * Moved from Community Participation Center * Original title: Error code...
  9. error when trying to play game

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    error when trying to play game: when I try tp play solitaire collection free i get on error message the says its not available in my accout and error code 0x803F8001. Why all of a sudden I cant play it?...
  10. I get an error code when trying to play a game on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I get an error code when trying to play a game on my laptop: the code is -2005532572 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/i-get-an-error-code-when-trying-to-play-a-game-on/fc6c49e0-84db-4a09-8ce5-49ca04a4a452