Windows 10: Windows 10 I move a folder but it copies it instead

Discus and support Windows 10 I move a folder but it copies it instead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Windows 10 I move a folder but it copies it instead. I have cut the folder and pasted the folder then it supposed to be gone from where I cut it but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DonMurray, May 6, 2020.

1. DonMurray Win User

Windows 10 I move a folder but it copies it instead

Windows 10 I move a folder but it copies it instead. I have cut the folder and pasted the folder then it supposed to be gone from where I cut it but its just not doing it. ? I have done it 3 times I cut and pasted and I right clicked and dragged but this pesky folder still remains where it should not be.

:)

DonMurray, May 6, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 6, 2020
  3. Sasqui Win User
    i need help copying and pasting inside windows 10 app folders and subfolders

Does this help?

How to Get Access to WindowsApps Folder in Windows 10

Sasqui, May 6, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, May 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows 10 I move a folder but it copies it instead - Similar Threads - move folder copies

2. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Folder move not copy interrupted: Hi Team,A friend of mine tried to move not Copy a folder from local computer to the cloud OneDrive. The proess was interrupted for some reason, maybe power outage not sure of the details. But now the Source is missing and the destination has only the folder structure created...
  3. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Folder move not copy interrupted: Hi Team,A friend of mine tried to move not Copy a folder from local computer to the cloud OneDrive. The proess was interrupted for some reason, maybe power outage not sure of the details. But now the Source is missing and the destination has only the folder structure created...
  4. Windows Folder move not copy interrupted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to Rename/copy/move Folder in Windows 10: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home Single Language version 20H2. I am not able to rename/copy/move any folders since last 1 month. Screenshot of the error is as below. Anyone having these issues? If so is their a fix? Thanks for the help. [ATTACH]...
  6. Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving/Copying files and folders in Windows 10: I have just lost a folder of files that I meant to copy from one location to another location on the same drive. I meant to copy the files, but instead I moved them. Realizing my mistake, I used the "Undo" function and now the files/folders have completely disappeared ......
  7. Adding "Copy/Move To folder" to the left side in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Adding "Copy/Move To folder" to the left side in Windows 10: Is it possible to add "Copy/Move To folder" options to the left side in Windows 10, just like in Windows XP File and Folder Tasks? 120590
  8. Folder copy instead of overwrite

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder copy instead of overwrite: When I copy folders to my flash drive I sometimes get "foldername - copy" added instead of the folder being over written. Does any one know why ? 99671
  9. Move but not copy Music folder into Documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Move but not copy Music folder into Documents: When I had Windows 7, I had literally every single thing in My Documents. Every song, every file, every tax record, every picture...literally everything. That way, when I backed up my hard drive, I just plugged in the My Passport Ultra drive, synced it with My Documents, and...
  10. Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Copy To folder' and 'Move To folder' Context Menu in Windows 10 When you press and hold or right click on selected file(s) and folder(s) and click/tap on Copy To folder,...