Windows 10: Windows 10: I ran a chkdsk on my computer and the monitor has lost signal constantly

Discus and support Windows 10: I ran a chkdsk on my computer and the monitor has lost signal constantly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So, my computer was constantly running at 100% disk usage in task manager, making it extremely slow and hard to use. So while looking around and trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dino_Adventure, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Windows 10: I ran a chkdsk on my computer and the monitor has lost signal constantly

So, my computer was constantly running at 100% disk usage in task manager, making it extremely slow and hard to use. So while looking around and trying to find ways to fix this, I ran into the check disk method. I went into the Command Prompt (Admin)/I think it got renamed to “Windows-“ something as of now when you right click the windows button. I typed in “chkdsk.exe /f /r” and pressed enter, typing y after a prompt came up saying “Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)”. So then I restarted my computer and I had no clue what chkdsk was at the time, so when my computer started up again, everything was working... the pc was on with the lights and fan running, the mouse and keyboard were on, even the headphones connected to my monitor were on, but the monitor itself had the lost signal message on it. So, since I was unfamiliar with chkdsk, I restarted my computer 2ish times, and decided maybe I let it run all night it’ll do its own thing and I slept for 8 hours, woke up, and the monitor still wasn’t working. At this point I grew a little more worried so I restarted it around 3 times, unplugged and replugged everything, and nothing still worked. So, later on after reading up on chkdsk, I realized how badly I messed up with the restarts. Thats the full story, some other info is that I cant acess any command prompt on my computer as it starts up, so I dont know if I should wait it out or do a specific action. My wifi is also really bad with 13 mb downloading speed and barely 1 mb uploading speed. Meanwhile, my computer has 2TB of space and I have a GTX 1080 graphics card, in which I updated all of the drivers before this. Thank you for reading, and I hope that I could get some help with this.

:)

Dino_Adventure, Sep 3, 2019

2. No signal from computer to my monitor???

HELP with this WEIRD problem!!

I'm having a similar problem, but it's baffling me. Please if anyone has anything to say about this, I'm at my wits' end. *Frown Windows 10: I ran a chkdsk on my computer and the monitor has lost signal constantly :(

So I boot up my computer, running my Radeon X1950Pro card, everything inside the computer boots, but the monitor receives no signal. (I get both bootup beeps)

I tried switching around the RAM sticks (2 500Gb) as suggested above, just for good measure. Nothing changes, always everything inside the computer boots fine, monitor gets nothing.

I switch out the Radeon in favor of my old GeForce 5600Ultra. Same thing.

Again, just for good measure as I rack my brain, I unplugged my CD drive in case it's a power problem. No change.

All this is just frustration, the reason why I'm so baffled is the story leading up to my monitor apparently dying (though it still turns on, it just gets no signal). Here it is:

I've been playing Mount&Blade recently. For about a month, it ran totally fine without a hitch at high graphics settings. All of a sudden the past few weeks, the game started unexpectedly crashing, but when it crashed, it would crash the whole computer by somehow inhibiting the display. When the game crashed, my monitor would no longer receive signal from the computer and I would need to reboot. on reboot, the monitor would be fine. I started running the game in a window instead of full screen, and I drastically lowered the graphics settings. STILL every so often the game would crash and the monitor would lose signal. How do I know that it was specifically the game, and not that the game was making the computer go screwy and crash entirely? Because after about a week, the game slowly started to ONLY CRASH ITSELF. WTF?? It went from crashing the whole computer (I couldn't hear it respond when I hit CtrlAltDel or AltF4 or anything) to just crashing itself and not responding, so that I needed to exit Mount&Blade but the computer still continued running. So fastforward to yesterday, I was playing the game, avoiding the specific spots in the game where crashing seems most likely, but then, as I was playing, the whole screen flickered (mind you, I'm still running it in a window, but it was the whole screen that did this) and then turned blue, like there was a filter over it. It stayed this way for a few minutes, even after I exited the game, but then the monitor lost signal. Since then I've been doing the work inside the computer that I wrote about above, and no dice.

I would say that the monitor just died and has been screwing with me bc it's in the death throes, but this story is TOO WEIRD. Why is it so specifically tied to this one program? And why did it first start by crashing the whole computer, not just the monitor. And then, why did that CHANGE, so that it only crashed the program and neither computer nor monitor????

The only thing that i haven't tried yet is switching out the monitor or monitor cable, since I don't have any others, but even though I haven't tried that, it doesn't seem like that's the problem, since the monitor still gets power and works.

Please lend any suggestions that you have, I luvs my computer, I don't want it to die!
    thanks
    Derek

psycholicon, Sep 3, 2019
  3. M8R
    m8r Win User
    monitor lost signal during sign in and sign out

click sign out > signing out screen > blink(monitor lost signal) > sign in screen

click sign in > blink(monitor lost signal) > welcome screen > desktop

4. Windows 10: I ran a chkdsk on my computer and the monitor has lost signal constantly

Windows 10 Update Installed & Now No Signal to Monitor

Hi,

For us to isolate your concern with your monitor's signal, we would like to know the following:

• When you say "signal", are you referring to the Internet?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Windows 10: I ran a chkdsk on my computer and the monitor has lost signal constantly

1. Windows 10: I ran a chkdsk on my computer and the monitor has lost signal constantly - Similar Threads - ran chkdsk computer

2. Pc has no signal to monitor while „downgrading“ to Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc has no signal to monitor while „downgrading“ to Windows 10.: Hello, my pc has no signal to my monitor while downgrading to windows 10, first I thought it’s just restarting a couple times and after 3 hours of waiting it still didn’t work, so I tried different Monitors and cables, but nothing worked. I also checked if my ram is dirty and...
  3. My PC freezes and later has no signal monitor.

My PC freezes and later has no signal monitor.: When I play any game my PC freezes and I hear beeps and then the image of no signal typical of an HDMI monitor appears, I reinstall most times GPU drivers, I use DDU for clean the video drivers and it still happening. Any help or tip?Also, after I restart my pc for about the...
  4. BSOD code E6 and monitors lost signal

BSOD code E6 and monitors lost signal: Hi,I recently performed a motherboard replacement trying to diagnose a stability issue. I performed a clean reinstall of windows to go with it. Encountered this BSOD error which I had not been receiving before. The faulting device of 0x000000 doesn't tell me anything helpful...
  5. BSOD code E6 and monitors lost signal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD code E6 and monitors lost signal: Hi,I recently performed a motherboard replacement trying to diagnose a stability issue. I performed a clean reinstall of windows to go with it. Encountered this BSOD error which I had not been receiving before. The faulting device of 0x000000 doesn't tell me anything helpful...
  6. My second external monitor has no signal from the computer.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My second external monitor has no signal from the computer.: Hello everyone, here I am trying to connect my Lenovo Thinkpad 480s with Windows 10 to two external monitors. My idea is have both monitors side by side and extend them. I am connecting one of the monitors through the USB type C connector, with a dongle that has an HDMI...
  7. My computer sometimes crash and no signal on monitor

in Windows 10 Support
    My computer sometimes crash and no signal on monitor: Hello, Recently, I think it was January, my computer started facing issues while booting. I could not determine the cause of the issue, but I have found a workaround that "fixes" it temporarily (once). Once I press the power button on my computer there are generally several...
  8. My computer sometimes crash and no signal on monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer sometimes crash and no signal on monitor: Hello, Recently, I think it was January, my computer started facing issues while booting. I could not determine the cause of the issue, but I have found a workaround that "fixes" it temporarily (once). Once I press the power button on my computer there are generally several...
  9. windows 10 has lost my 2nd monitor again

windows 10 has lost my 2nd monitor again: So got up today turned on my pc and I had no 2nd monitor. All cables connected and not moved over night. The pc is detecting my Samsung tv but its no longer in the "monitor" section on my device manager. Its now in the "digital media devices" section. When I look in the...
  10. Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal

Monitor not working - HDMI has no signal: Yesterday, my ASUS monitor was working fine connected to my HP spectrum using Windows 10. Today, the monitor delivers a no HDMI signal message. I have restarted both laptop and monitor, replaced the HDMI cable, updated display driver and still no luck. Suggestions welcome....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc crashes in the chkdsk/f/r

2. monitor asus no signal